• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished watching The Cabin in the Woods. Definitely threw a couple of curveballs into the whole horror storyline. I liked it.
Thought the girl would turn into a werewolf at the last minute and totally bite the stoner dude though.

As for Bayonetta, I played through about half of it. Embarrassing level of pandering in that game. I prefer Darksiders and God of War in terms of 3rd person action/adventure.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Los Angeles Chargers anyone? :p

The only flaw I see in moving them to LA is that if anyone in LA cared about the Chargers, it's not exactly a ridiculous drive to begin with. It's like driving from Milwaukee to Green Bay (only more traffic).

I honestly think they'd do better in San Antonio.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Yahoo starting a bit early on this...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...12-playoff-picture-week-2-034934071--nfl.html

osuIP.jpg

squicken

Even with the AZ loss I don't see how NE doesn't get the #1 seed. While the NFCW is better than people thought it would be their own division is weak and besides HOU so is the AFCS. They fall backwards into 10 wins

Doomsayer

Wait holy fuck, did anyone read this? Cheatin' Pete continuing his ways in the NFL.

SEATTLE — Replacement field judge Jeff Sardorus, a former Pac-12 official who was part of the crew for the Week 1 game between the Seattle Seahawks and Arizona Cardinals, had officiated Seahawks practices each of the last three seasons (though not 2012) despite the fact that it's a direct violation of the NFL's supposed rules regarding conflict of interest, according to Albert Breer of NFL.com

Breer reported that the NFL's internal memo to the replacement officials indicated that "effective immediately, officials will not work NFL team scrimmages during the week."
A Seahawks spokesperson told Shutdown Corner that the team had no comment at this time. The NFL has also declined comment. A Seahawks spokesperson told Breer that Sardorus' one-time employment with the team was "plausible."

If this is the case, it basically means that, just as in the case of Brian Stropolo, the side judge bumped from the Saints-Panthers game on Sunday due to his Facebook-touted love of the Saints, the NFL is doing a rotten job of vetting its replacement officials.

Generally speaking, when the NFL has actual officials and a policy in place to insure that there's no conflict of interest, officials are told to avoid in-season practices, because the teams pay those officials. NFL officials are allowed to work training camp practices, when they're paid by the league.

For the record, the official who botched the injury timeout situation in the Seahawks-Cardinals game, giving Seattle an extra timeout with less than a minute left, was referee Bruce Hermansen.

"It was my error," Hermansen said after the game. "We gave them [Seattle] additional timeout because of the incomplete pass stopping the clock before the injury occurred. When in effect, the clock has no bearing on the play at all, whether it's stopped or running, we should not have given them the additional timeout."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...alled-seahawks-203140069--nfl.html#more-29378

cajunator

Banned
The Superdome actually added 3000 seats last year.
Amazing how some stadiums have huge waiting lists and some just cant fill the seats.
What are the main reasons that certain teams cant fill quota?

see5harp

It's sad that gaming side will get hard ons for a game just because it comes from Japan. great games come from everywhere, not just Japan.
Edit: if this isn't clear I thought bayonetta was pandering garbage.

Gameplay was solid though. Bayonetta is a true masterpiece next to the absolute garbage called lollipop chainsaw. That one wasn't worth the gamefly rental.

Wrayfield

FWIW, the only guy I personally know who really loved Bayonetta is gay and in a happy relationship.

Actually watched my gf play and it was entertaining in its wacky Japanese way. Looked more polished than the majority of stuff I play, just not my genre. It's too chaotic and I always lose patience when trying to memorise those combos.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
What's with the English Premier League at 2pm on Fox Sundays? Not that I really care, but I'm not gonna get the Tennessee game in Tennessee. lol? It's not even live. Comes on live at 8:30am on FSC.

Did Aso ever say anything like that?

His play has been really uneven. Last year they were really playing him out of position, tons of zone, and even at safety at times. It was really odd and infuriating. Jones blew by him on a double move after what looked like was going to be a sack. He needs to step it up but the D overall is playing much better than it did last season. Improved LBs, DRC starting, and even more depth and pass rushers on the Dline has helped.

Nnamdi gave up 1 completion in the Browns game and 1 in the Raven game. He has been great so far this year.

NYJ @ MIA - Upset special of the week, Miami always plays the jets tough and after riding high on the last win, I could see them getting a second here.
I like the way you think. The last time the Dolphins and Jets played was near the end of last year at a time when the Jets still had a shot at the playoffs (albeit a long shot, but still). Miami won that game, and I don't think it's hard to envision their team being better this year than last. Point being: a Miami win doesn't seem all that unlikely to me.

If the Jets win it will be because Sanchez throws the ball well or Tebow plays a lot and surprises the defense in ways that they weren't expecting. I don't think the Jets will be able to run the ball at all if the first two games of the season are any indication. The Dolphins gave up an average of 53 ypg rushing in the first two weeks and I'd say the Texans and Raiders both have a better running game than the Jets.

Also, from ESPN's Power Rankings:
Miami hasn't allowed an opposing running back to crack 100 yards in 16 straight games, the NFL's longest current streak.

The only other way I see the Jets winning is if the Dolphins turn the ball over a lot. If both teams play smart and there aren't many turnovers I think the Fins will come out with the W.

ZZMitch

Great OP!

Thursday, September 20th
NYG @ CAR

Sunday, September 23th
TB @ DAL
JAC @ IND
BUF @ CLE
NYJ @ MIA
KC @ NO
CIN @ WAS
STL @ CHI