• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Every win matters. Especially division wins.

Extrapolating end of season data from 3 games is, was and always will be, a fools game. Too much football left to be making any claims about how the end is going to wrap up.

Well, Tebow will still be riding the bench. That's a pretty safe bet.

Narag

Giving up that many points is a sure sign this defense is still going to be dogshit. How bad were the refs this game? The article on nfl.com seems to say they were pretty bad.

Collnsworth and Michaels were openly mocking them at the end. Worst call of the night was a phantom PI, or maybe it was holding, that some ref called yet there was no contact between the players.

NFLStatsbyTeamDGame_zps57a34903.png

Cowboys D!

Kiryu

Wait, so you think the Seahawks yards per game is going to go down after they play the Packers?
I am not sure about Packer's passing yardage (We still have one of best secondary to slow them down a little) but for certainly... Seahawks run defense will have Packer's run gaming locked down. So I am just wildly guessing that we will go down a little.

K-19

Banned
I am glad to not have taken (took?) an avatar bet last night.

Niners had been raped, let say the truth. They get overwhelmed by a Vike o-line that let Ponder take his time to throw the ball to their decent receiver. Their D was inflexible with runs, I really don't know why there were not more deep pass by the 49ers. It was just pathetic to see them trying to run or throwing at short pass and being shut down like this ("Californian play style" as I've heard).

Bref, I hope that they will get some lessons on what happened and that they will correct what was wrong. Otherwise gg vike.

GOOOOOOOOOO NIIIIIIIIIIIINERS!!!

Yep thread is full of salt and haters, fuck you all and I hope bad things happen to your teams.

If you can't be happy for Kevin Kolb then you don't deserve to live. Cardinals are quite possibly the best 3-0 team in recent memory

The only thing the Vikings/49ers game proved was....
VIKEBIKE!

And Ponder is a beast. Surprised the hell out of me. After week 2 with the stupid ass penalties and terrible drives and having the only reason it became a 1 score game was a lucky as all fuck catch...I thought the 49ers would flat out decimate the Vikings. Talk about a massive turn around from week 2 to 3. And grats on rookie kicker Blair Walsh hitting that franchise record.

K-19

Banned

Don't know ... Harbaugh did (and is still doing) a good job by trying to get Alex better, or if you want by limiting the Alex's averageness. Alex is now confident, he feels in a safe zone. The problem is that in his safe zone he doens't want take risk with dp (--> INT) so, in a game like tonight, it didn't work. He made some attemps, he should had made more. More risk Alex, take more risk!!

Plus didn't see a good 49ers coverage, miss some INT for the best D in the league.

Gigglepoo

I'm bored of everyone ripping Schwatz for their 4th down failure. The play didn't work but it was a smart decision. The media scruntiny when 4th down attempts backfire is a huge part of the reason coaches are scared to go for the juggler.

I wish Harbs would have gone for it a couple times...

Kiryu

You might be the biggest homer I have ever seen. Your Seachickens lost and choked in the end zone. Deal with it.

Yep thread is full of salt and haters, fuck you all and I hope bad things happen to your teams.

If you can't be happy for Kevin Kolb then you don't deserve to live. Cardinals are quite possibly the best 3-0 team in recent memory
I am Seahawks big homer so don't take my opinion seriously. It's just weird that I could accept the lose with Kent Warner... But Kevin Kolb winning against our defense... is a big shame. I think Patriots feels same when Kevin Kolb bested them too.

I only said Cards 1-2 legit team because they nearly lost the game TWICE but they held on. Good job to Cardinals Defense.

Any news on Kolb's newborn/unborn baby?

cajunator

Banned
I think im numb to everything at this point.
I just watch games and dont really give a shit what happens.
On to of that tonight at work we have seven units that broke down.
Sometimes shit goes bad and its really not worth getting salty anymore.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Vikebike bitches. Can't believe we got that win. I was hoping we were gonna pull it out then all of the sudden we did. Made it even better my buddy at work is a 49ner fan.

Let's go Seahawks for tomorrow.

I think im numb to everything at this point.
I just watch games and dont really give a shit what happens.
On to of that tonight at work we have seven units that broke down.
Sometimes shit goes bad and its really not worth getting salty anymore.

Dude your team won the Super Bowl and had some great years.

Try being a fan of the team that lost the chance at that championship and went through two shitty years of futility.

Be happy. Karma is a bitch and your team is taking her out for a pricey lunch.

squicken

Before the game today I was worried that DET and WAS hadn't really looked good on D, and that the Rams' decent performances on offense were a bit of a mirage. That suspicion proved to be justified. I have no issues ripping Bradford, but besides a couple of bad sacks, I can't really say he made a whole bunch of negative plays. The TAINT was a deflected pass that was more a good a play by CHI than anything, and the second INT was Gibson quitting on a route like the dog he is

There simply is a talent problem. They got Danny back but otherwise it's mostly the same guys. Their second round pick, #33 overall, didn't even dress and hasn't caught a pass all year. They didn't address the OL either, and they got killed by the Bears. Chicago rarely blitzed, and even when the Rams went with 7 blockers, their front 4 still won. In games against good teams they are going to need the defense and ST to set them up on short fields or score, and that just didn't happen today.

I'm bored of everyone ripping Schwatz for their 4th down failure. The play didn't work but it was a smart decision. The media scruntiny when 4th down attempts backfire is a huge part of the reason coaches are scared to go for the juggler.

For sure. If he doesn't get the TD he's in a sudden death game with an awful defense. If you want to rip him you rip him for the horrible ST and defensive perfromance

Kevin Kolb winning against our defense... is a big shame. I think Patriots feels same when Kevin Kolb bested them too.

I only said Cards 1-2 legit team because they nearly lost the game TWICE but they held on. Good job to Cardinals Defense.

Any news on Kolb's newborn/unborn baby?
Kevin Kolb has gone on to beat the Pats and Eagles so besting the Seahawks was nothing to a man of that stature.
Lol you shouldnt have even been that close in game 1, was only Washington on ST that kept you in the game because Russell the fake prophet Wilson couldn't move the ball on our D.
The Pats game wouldn't have even come down to a FG if it wasn't for that ridiculous fumble prior to it.

In summary we have been dominant in 3 games and 13 games away from Kevin fulfilling his prophecy...also I think his new child is called Vince Lombardi Kolb

cajunator

Banned
Oh man, Patriots players and coaches expressing outrage over referee calls... the ironing is delicious.

They can all get fucked.
There isnt another team in the league that got away with so many bad calls, obscure rules, and gift flags. people talk about karma with the Saints but theres a whole shipload of bad karma owed to the patriots.

Kevin Kolb has gone on to beat the Pats and Eagles so besting the Seahawks was nothing to a man of that stature.
Lol you shouldnt have even been that close in game 1, was only Washington on ST that kept you in the game because Russell the fake prophet Wilson couldn't move the ball on our D.
The Pats game wouldn't have even come down to a FG if it wasn't for that ridiculous fumble prior to it.

In summary we have been dominant in 3 games and 13 games away from Kevin fulfilling his prophecy...also I think his new child is called Vince Lombardi Kolb

You do know that the cards were losing when kolb went in week one right? How the FUCK is that dominant?

Fuck outta here.

Dragon

Banned
They can all get fucked.
There isnt another team in the league that got away with so many bad calls, obscure rules, and gift flags. people talk about karma with the Saints but theres a whole shipload of bad karma owed to the patriots.

Nope.

Oh man, Patriots players and coaches expressing outrage over referee calls... the ironing is delicious.

Apparently you don't know what irony is.

K-19

Banned
Ok this sunday was bad for the niners, but i won all my match up in my 4 FF leagues. It's funny, i don't know if it was the case last year, but there is a lot of overvalued players for fantasy. I won't count totally on the football experts next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom