• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL @ people complaining about the cardinals not being good because of close games. I don't care how they win their games, as long as they are winning, which they are (10 or their last 12) then they are the better team. So what if we have a knack for winning close games, I bet any team in the nfl wishes they could win the close ones.

Smokey

I will admit...Schaub gained a few points in my book after yesterday. To take those hits and come back and still play was tip-hat worthy. Besides that one duck of a INT he threw he played well in one of the more difficult places to play in the league.

Looking at the next few games for the Cardinals. They could easily go 6-0 - Miami St Louis Buffalo up next. Vike Bike will end their run the week after though.

Edit: Or they could lose every single one of them.

Looking at the next few games for the Cardinals. They could easily go 6-0 - Miami St Louis Buffalo up next. Vike Bike will end their run the week after though.

But they could also easily go 3-3. I like the team and will cheer for them (except against the Bills, of course), but I don't know how long they can keep this streak going.

Edit: Beat me to it.

I'm bored of everyone ripping Schwatz for their 4th down failure. The play didn't work but it was a smart decision. The media scruntiny when 4th down attempts backfire is a huge part of the reason coaches are scared to go for the juggler.

I wish Harbs would have gone for it a couple times...

I was with Schwartz going for it since their D is so bad but I heard him today saying that it was an accident and they just got the call wrong. I really wonder if he will survive if the Lions miss the playoffs. They are so undisciplined and their D is one of the worst in the NFL.

I give you the best lineman in the league (Richie Incognito) for Brady and the Pats 2013-2024 first rounders. Do it while you still get value for him :)

He would have punched Ray Lewis yesterday and got himself ejected, no wait, these refs would have probably punished Lewis for allowing to get punched.

Also,

Peter King said:
MMQB2: Did you know Titans got 12 free yards on game-winning FG drive? You've got to read this ... That's right--a 27-yd personal foul.

Lol?

Wrayfield

Wow, just noticed Tannehill was 16/36 yesterday. His receiving core certainly isn't doing him any favors but that's pretty bad.

Yeah, he's struggling in his first year. Sanchez didn't look that much better (don't remember his numbers, but he's had more experience and talent). I don't think he will finish the year. Tebow will get his chance very soon, wouldn't be surprised if it were during the Niners game.

Milchjon

Just catching up to the rest of the games. Wow @ Steelers thuggery

And is Arizona really legit?

The whole season seems pretty crazy so far. I really hope the Packers lose tonight.

Wes

venison crêpe
BB to be fined so hard that the ref lockout finishes?

Glad Smith had a good performance - incredible he could even play under the circumstances.

And is Arizona really legit?

Arizona are 31st in the league in yards per game. Eagles have the 5th best defence. But you can't rank how terrible Vick is.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
It's always fun after a Pats loss. The shit talkers shake their fist and proclaim. "Next week!" then disappear like a cart in the wind. Leaving behind the 3-4 actual fans that have been here all year to stick around. Worst fanbase in football.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I will admit...Schaub gained a few points in my book after yesterday. To take those hits and come back and still play was tip-hat worthy. Besides that one duck of a INT he threw he played well in one of the more difficult places to play in the league.

Any guy that loses a piece of ear and still leads his team to victory earns my respect.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
6 plays of 20 yards or more, by 6 different players.
4 TD's by 4 different players.

dat offensive balance.

ZZMitch

It's always fun after a Pats loss. The shit talkers shake their fist and proclaim. "Next week!" then disappear like a cart in the wind. Leaving behind the 3-4 actual fans that have been here all year to stick around. Worst fanbase in football.

I agree, but you mean fart not cart right?

Milchjon

Shame I missed TEN-DET. Sounds like a fun game.

And I don't know what BB was thinking. He's the one who always yells at his players to behave.

BB to be fined so hard that the ref lockout finishes?

Glad Smith had a good performance - incredible he could even play under the circumstances.

Arizona are 31st in the league in yards per game. Eagles have the 5th best defence. But you can't rank how terrible Vick is.

Sure you can. On a terrible scale where a 1 is not terrible at all, and Brandon Weedon is the most terrible posible QB, Vick would be some where in the middle. Oh and better luck with Barkley next year.

I'm thinking suspension.

If it was any other coach maybe, but don't forget 'dat Kraft money'.

Thinking it about it though, it really is time for the real refs to come back. The Pats-Ravens game was unwatchable throughout the game, with horrible calls on both sides and the worst kind of calls 'make up calls for fuck ups on the other team'. The refs kept trying to balancing the penalties with make up calls like the 'hold' on McCourty and Spikes and the INT by Webb taken away and all that.
But the biggest problem aren't even the missed/fucked up calls, because the real refs make them too (not as often as these guys but still), the big problem is that nobody respects these guys and the games turn to shit because of it, BB grabbing an official, DHB getting murdered, the Harbaugh bro's and their challenges and all the bitchslapping between players after every snap. It's pretty clear that they need to sort it out before it gets out of hand.

Wes

venison crêpe
I've only been following the league for a few years so I'm wondering what kind of precedence there is for sacking a manager early during the season?

I think Shurmur will be 0-7 (@Ravens, @Giants, Bengals, @Colts) when Haslam takes over. We already know Joe Banner is likely coming in as an executive (probably to replace Holmgren?) and is quoted as saying he wants to work somewhere that requires a complete turnaround... well that's the Browns.

I think Haslam will blow it up. Get rid of Shurmur and Holmgren, possibly Heckert but I wouldn't mind if he stayed - he has hit more than he has missed in the draft (McCoy and Weeden were Holmgren overruling him)

But would an owner, a new owner at that, do this during the middle of the season?

Fox318

I've only been following the league for a few years so I'm wondering what kind of precedence there is for sacking a manager early during the season?

I think Shurmur will be 0-7 (@Ravens, @Giants, Bengals, @Colts) when Haslam takes over. We already know Joe Banner is likely coming in as an executive (probably to replace Holmgren?) and is quoted as saying he wants to work somewhere that requires a complete turnaround... well that's the Browns.

I think Haslam will blow it up. Get rid of Shurmur and Holmgren, possibly Heckert but I wouldn't mind if he stayed - he has hit more than he has missed in the draft (McCoy and Weeden were Holmgren overruling him)

But would an owner, a new owner at that, do this during the middle of the season?

Mangini should have never been fired. He hasn't been the problem with this Browns team.

Honestly Holmgren should be fired now. He has done a horrible job drafting and trading away draft picks. Don't you think Jones+McCoy would be better than anything Weeden is doing now?

Wrayfield

Agree with Dutch on the respect thing. It's clear no one gives a fuck what they say. But the DHB hit wasn't that bad. It was very unfortunate but that happens.
Actually some of the stuff Vick and Schaub took looked more malicious and intended. Steelers dude will still get fined especially since he had another one of those, that one actually looked much more intentional.

What happens with all the fine money anyway? It will be a lot after that weekend...

I feel like a broken record complaining about the scabs, but the ones that did the Eagles Cards game didnt know basic rules and they totally fucked up 1 play. They had no effect on the outcome though, no refs on Earth could have gotten the Eagles a win in that game, but it still sucks to see the refs bungle rules that I know and the announcers know. It was clear that the guy from the league office had to explain the rules to the head ref a few times. I really hope they reach n agreement soon. The old refs sucked big time but at least it seemed like the knew the rules, and they didnt take 10 minutes to spot the ball.

Fox318

I feel like a broken record complaining about the scabs, but the ones that did the Eagles Cards game didnt know basic rules and they totally fucked up 1 play. They had no effect on the outcome though, no refs on Earth could have gotten the Eagles a win in that game, but it still sucks to see the refs bungle rules that I know and the announcers know. It was clear that the guy from the league office had to explain the rules to the head ref a few times. I really hope they reach n agreement soon. The old refs sucked big time but at least it seemed like the knew the rules, and they didnt take 10 minutes to spot the ball.

People need to keep talking about it.

If it wasn't for the fact that ESPN has that huge NFL deal they would be pounding this story 24/7.

brentech

Mangini should have never been fired. He hasn't been the problem with this Browns team.

Honestly Holmgren should be fired now. He has done a horrible job drafting and trading away draft picks. Don't you think Jones+McCoy would be better than anything Weeden is doing now?
Yup and yup.
Never should have drafted Weeden, but doing so forced them to play him since all old and shit. No time to develop someone that would normally be on their last years if not a top 15 QB. (that or a long steady career as a backup)

Wes

venison crêpe
Don't you think Jones+McCoy would be better than anything Weeden is doing now?

I don't mind the Jones trade despite how amazing he looks. Frankly we needed the picks. I think the Weeden pick was a waste though. Holmgren knew he had to win now to have any chance to stay in his job and thought Weeden in his rookie year would fare better than McCoy starting - highly debatable.

I'd have much preferred that pick spent on a WR or OL. Instead we gave up our second rounder next year on a project to cover our WR deficiencies and our guards are woeful.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if we had the No. 1 pick next year that Barkley or whoever refuses to play for us and we trade that pick away to the likes of the Jets/Chiefs/Eagles.

I don't mind the Jones trade despite how amazing he looks. Frankly we needed the picks. I think the Weeden pick was a waste though. Holmgren knew he had to win now to have any chance to stay in his job and thought Weeden in his rookie year would fare better than McCoy starting - highly debatable.

I'd have much preferred that pick spent on a WR or OL. Instead we gave up our second rounder next year on a project to cover our WR deficiencies and our guards are woeful.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if we had the No. 1 pick next year that Barkley or whoever refuses to play for us and we trade that pick away to the likes of the Jets/Chiefs/Eagles.

WTF? Are you really this upset over the Eagles winning in week 1? Even if the Eagles do decide to part ways with Vick in the offseason, which seems very unlikely they would definitely give Foles a shot next year and bring in an experienced backup. No way would they draft the next bust out of USC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom