• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slo

Are you finally starting to believe me on Ponder you cynical fuck, you?

I didn't know you were high on him? He runs well and can throw a slant route or a TE curl really well. I'd like to see him push the ball down the field more, but we don't really have the weapons for that.

eznark

Banned
I didn't know you were high on him? He runs will and can throw a slant route or a TE curl really well. I'd like to see him push the ball down the field more, but we don't really have the weapons for that.

I told you in the draft thread the second they took him that he was the best QB in the draft!
How do you not remember?!

I hate you dad

I am with you brother, at least until the Eagles come to Pittsburgh in 2 weeks when we will be enemies.

I think the Steelers game took more than 4 hours. WTF is this, baseball?

Fuck this shit. And fuck the Steelers defense. That was one of the most pathetic displays I have seen in a long time. This is worse than the time we got Grabowskied (which hurt pretty bad, I won't lie, dude scored like 3 TDs in the 4th quarter). Tomlin needs to work some fucking magic during this bye week and we need to get a health Harrison back to save us. God I hope that roided up monster is going to be 100%.

Mn Eagles Steelers is going to be crazy. I doubt either D can stop the other teams offense. The over for the game will need to be like 80. I wish the real refs would come out and talk more about the missed calls and all the problems there have been. It is clear that the coaches are not allowed to talk about the scabs. There was a play in the Eagles game where they sacked Kolb for a 9 yard loss on 2nd down, but there was also a holding call against the Cards, and it was clear that Reid wanted to decline the penalty and make it 3rd down but the ref didnt know you could do that. They had 2 conferences about it and they wound up making the Eagles take the penalty. Eventually one of these situations is going to cost a team a game.

I was with Schwartz going for it since their D is so bad but I heard him today saying that it was an accident and they just got the call wrong. I really wonder if he will survive if the Lions miss the playoffs. They are so undisciplined and their D is one of the worst in the NFL.

Schwartz gave them one flukey trip to the play-offs. He'll need to lead them back to the depths of 0-16 depravity before he's fired.

bionic77

Mn Eagles Steelers is going to be crazy. I doubt either D can stop the other teams offense. The over for the game will need to be like 80. I wish the real refs would come out and talk more about the missed calls and all the problems there have been. It is clear that the coaches are not allowed to talk about the scabs. There was a play in the Eagles game where they sacked Kolb for a 9 yard loss on 2nd down, but there was also a holding call against the Cards, and it was clear that Reid wanted to decline the penalty and make it 3rd down but the ref didnt know you could do that. They had 2 conferences about it and they wound up making the Eagles take the penalty. Eventually one of these situations is going to cost a team a game.
I thought the Eagles had a decent defense? Steelers defense has been garbage. Coaches might use injuries as an excuse but we should be full strength on D against the birds so that excuse is no longer an option, we will see if that was the problem or if we just suck balls.

I will say that if Harrison comes back turns around the D he should be considered for another DPOY considering how bad we have looked so far. I think we were the only team to make Palmer and Peyton look good. I hope we are not the first team to make Vick look like he can take care of the ball.

What was the punishment a few years back for that Browns player who attacked an official?

Talking bout attacking officials

Kyle Shanahan Chases Refs Down Tunnel, Cursing At Them

kyle-shanahan.jpg

Kyle Shanahan is the offensive coordinator for the Washington Redskins. Yesterday the Redskins lost at home to the Cincinnati Bengals, 38-31. On the Redskins’ final, failed drive Shanahan was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct following an argument with a referee during a chaotic sequence. When the game ended, Kyle Shanahan ran after the referees down the tunnel saying mean things to them.

Some ESPN Twitter account said:
Per a source that saw/heard it, Kyle Shanahan chased a official down underneath & said "You have No f***ing balls, you r a f***ing p***y."

This. Is. Incredible. These referees are completely overwhelmed. Assuming they aren’t fixing games for their favorite teams, they’re probably just trying to do the best they can to not be murdered by unhappy players. Now they’ve got head coaches grabbing them and offensive coordinators questioning their manhood.

No respect, whatsoever. It really is the substitute teacher-syndrom.

Bowser

Oh the days when the Eagles had an impenetrable defense...when was that, like 2 days ago right?

eznark

Banned
Shannahan chases down and curses out an official and the author of the story attacks the official? Give me a fucking break.

I hope the refs come out next week and just toss players and coaches out of the game by the boatload. Sure it could be devastating for the "integrity of the game" or whatever but it sure would be entertaining. And honestly I think some of these coaches deserve it.

Slo

I told you in the draft thread the second they took him that he was the best QB in the draft!
How do you not remember?!

I hate you dad

I vaguely remember that. I'll give you credit for it, but I just assumed you said that because Cam Newton was black.

Dat Percy Harvin.

Percy's okay at it, but he's not a traditional deep threat. He's short, and isn't going to make an acrobatic Julio Jones type catch. His biggest strength is getting the ball in space and making people miss or lowering his shoulder. Nobody wants to try to take Percy down in the flats.

You have Joe Webb

He's our Tim Tebow.

eznark

Banned
I hope the refs come out next week and just toss players and coaches out of the game by the boatload. Sure it could be devastating for the "integrity of the game" or whatever but it sure would be entertaining.

Yup. Here are my balls fucker, fifteen yards every time you open your fucking mouth. Next year ill be back in high school games but you'll be relegated to QB coaching joke bums like Freeman because you just cost yor garbage team this game. Suck me off, have another 15. Respect this.

I hope the refs come out next week and just toss players and coaches out of the game by the boatload. Sure it could be devastating for the "integrity of the game" or whatever but it sure would be entertaining. And honestly I think some of these coaches deserve it.

That seems a bit extreme, but for instance in the Pats game yesterday, on like the 3rd play Mankins and Lewis were going at it already after the play was over, with that continuing the entire game, but they never called a flag for it.

bionic77

I have to go to court in a sec but man our defense is bad. Ben has 900 yards, 8 TDs, 1 INT through 3 games and we are 1-2. I miss the days when our offense stank for 3.5 quarters and Ben would put together one good series for the come from behind win.

Bring the D back Tomlin!

Wrayfield

Yup. Here are my balls fucker, fifteen yards every time you open your fucking mouth. Next year ill be back in high school games but you'll be relegated to QB coaching joke bums like Freeman because you just cost yor garbage team this game. Suck me off, have another 15. Respect this.

You should be a ref, I'd pay to see that. Ideally, you call Jets vs. Pats and they finish with 3rd string linemen as RBs and QBs.

That seems a bit extreme, but for instance in the Pats game yesterday, on like the 3rd play Mankins and Lewis were going at it already after the play was over, with that continuing the entire game, but they never called a flag for it.
They just need to make an example out of a few guys to shut everyone up. I've seen at least 2 or 3 different instances where a guy probably would have gotten thrown out of a game by the regular refs.

I have to go to court in a sec but man our defense is bad. Ben has 900 yards, 8 TDs, 1 INT through 3 games and we are 1-2. I miss the days when our offense stank for 3.5 quarters and Ben would put together one good series for the come from behind win.

Bring the D back Tomlin!
This is how I feel about college football, being a Hokies fan and all.

Fuck this shit. And fuck the Steelers defense. That was one of the most pathetic displays I have seen in a long time. This is worse than the time we got Grabowskied (which hurt pretty bad, I won't lie, dude scored like 3 TDs in the 4th quarter). Tomlin needs to work some fucking magic during this bye week and we need to get a health Harrison back to save us. God I hope that roided up monster is going to be 100%.

Unleash Hell, baby!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
My salt levels will be at a high this Thursday night.

I might go to bed early that night though, not sure I'll be able to handle the primetime shitting on by everyone I know when they Browns most likely lose in terrible fashion.

eznark

Banned
I cant even blame the refs though.That loss is on the defense.If they catch those interceptions they win.

I haven't heard anyone blame the refs. To me that would be laughable. No one benefitted from the poorly called game. Maybe that's why I don't mind these guys. While generally incompetent at least they don't blatantly favor one team (coming from a guy whose team has been favored to two plus years!)

No problem. The guy really did us a favor by smoking up before the combine -- no way he should have fallen that far to us in the 3rd round.

It's a great tactic if you're a great player and want to improve your chances of getting drafted by a better team. Did wonders for Hernandez as well. You'll compensate the money with your second contract.

Bring the D back Tomlin!
Hope she doesn't take you for half your worth brah.

squicken

My salt levels will be at a high this Thursday night.

I might go to bed early that night though, not sure I'll be able to handle the primetime shitting on by everyone I know when they Browns most likely lose in terrible fashion.

there are no expectations of your team. Cutler and Cam got propped up in the offseason, so their fall was good fun. Most people feel sorry for your team and its fans. I'll be here when SEA repeatedly violates Bradford in a couple of weeks

Narag

I get hurt by trash talking in this thread all the time. Fuck you Eli, fuck you Tyree, fuck everyone, fuck the refs, fuck the Ravens fuckfuckfuck

So much of the problem is the lack of a clear it villain anymore since Favre retired so there's a lot of misdirected energy as the league transitions to the new guard. It's just easy to default to the low hanging fruit of known cheaters like the Pats or the now irrelevant Saints who thankfully vindicated Gregg Williams' "cut off the head." comment.

It's really all we have anymore until some new evil rises. We used to have other standbys like the Steelers but they're rebuilding and struggling to get the average age of their defense under 35 with their future drafts. The Packers? Rodgers just hasn't been the same since Tramon hurt himself last year and Finley is no doubt helping fix games with some of his on the field decisions. There's the Jets but even then it's only relegated to Sanchez. If our pleas to free a young stud like Mark Brunell went unheeded, what hope do we have for Tebow? Flacco? Pretty sure we can all agree he proved himself after nailing that game winning FG last night. Surely only something truly just could incense the dark lord like it did. We're just left with fat jokes about next years starting UFL QBs, cheating teams, and Cutler jokes that write themselves.

It's a new era as perennial losers like the Texans, Colts, and Vikings establish themselves. Andrew Luck is a standup guy that's going to be around here during the bye to help raise a barn, Christian Ponder beat the best team in the NFL, and the Texans earned true respect at last for defeating a completely healthy Peyton Manning at home for the first time.

It's just something for everyone to endure until a team needs a veteran QB in the middle of the season and a phone rings somewhere in Mississippi.

Gigglepoo

I was with Schwartz going for it since their D is so bad but I heard him today saying that it was an accident and they just got the call wrong. I really wonder if he will survive if the Lions miss the playoffs. They are so undisciplined and their D is one of the worst in the NFL.

It's not like he's a defensive coach or anything. Also, I can't believe he threw Shaun Hill under the bus. What a dirtbag.

Oh the days when the Eagles had an impenetrable defense...when was that, like 2 days ago right?

No one claimed it was impenetrable but it is vastly improved thi year. I understand why a Panthers fan wouldnt understand defensive improvement though, it has been a long time since they have seen it. The Steelers offense is a terrible matchup for the Eagles D, the main ting they do well is pressure QBs into mistakes. Ben is so big that he just shurgs off defenders like they are nothing, and the Steelers have a great WR corps who will be able to get open against the Eagles DBs.

It's not like he's a defensive coach or anything. Also, I can't believe he threw Shaun Hill under the bus. What a dirtbag.
Yeah you never ear coaches blame the players but he totally did. He needs to fix that shit cause he will lose the locker room quick doing shit like that.

squicken

The issue here is that these well-meaning Cardinals fans have employed an arbitrary end point to try to mask a more meaningful sample of data. Every end point is arbitrary, technically, but some — like a 16-game stretch, or one full season — are in common usage. No one's ever found any meaning related to a 11-game or 12-game sample.

You can probably guess what happened in the games before that. The Cardinals, in fact, only started that 10-2 streak after a six-game losing streak. If you look at their 12 previous games before the 10-2 stretch, the Cardinals were 3-9. And if I really want to be a dick and employ arbitrary end points myself, I'll note that the Cardinals were 3-15 in the 18 games before that 12-game stretch.

The more you think about this, it doesn't make much sense. The idea behind noting that the Cardinals are 10-2 in their last 12 is that the Cardinals are secretly a great team who will keep up their excellent record going forward. Why then did the Cardinals, who went 3-9, suddenly get better and go 10-2 in their next 12 games? Why did that totally arbitrary win-loss split that had no meaning when the Cardinals sucked suddenly become meaningful now that they're apparently great?

If you want to know why the Cardinals have been 10-2 over the last 12 games, there is a simple explanation: They've won virtually all their close games. Ten of those 12 games have been decided by a touchdown or less, and Arizona has won nine of them. They've basically been the Baltimore Orioles of football over the past 12 games. If you want to count on that happening over the next 12 games, be my guest.

You could argue that the defense started getting better as Horton had more time with them, but the close games streak is difficult to refute. That doesn't last

eznark

Banned
Nah, I think the other 3 teams are just average and inconsistent.

Lol, I would have maybe agreed with you on the Jets but without Revis they are gutter trash. Buffalo might surprise people and win 6 but they aren't good. Miami is dog shit, they are dog shit that was eaten and vomited up by a cancerous rabid dog if Bush is seriously hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom