• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

20120923192120_2012-0923-dm-lions12.jpg

Some one SHOOT THEM.

Detroit: SHOOT THEM
Oakland:STAB THEM
New Orleans: KILL THEM
Pittsburgh: RAPE THEM
Philadelphia: KILL SANTA

yankeehater said:
Vick said in his press conference he saw #25 on the line and he knew he was going to blitz and they had no one over there to cover him, and yet he still tried to hold the ball for ever. His not giving up on plays is his best quality and his worst.
If he knows the corners blitzing from that side, why not check out of the pass play and run the ball to the opposite side? Surely the Eagles must had an audible ready for that situation. The QB only needs to read the situation at the line and check out of the play.

effzee

I had family over (in laws on a football sunday!) yesterday so I couldn't chime in on any games and especially not for the Eagles game.

First and foremost congrats to the Cardinals. Not only is your defense legit and awesome but your coaching staff just destroyed ours. Deserve the win and all and I apologize for even implying the Eagles had a chance let alone were the favorites.

WHY?

Because for a moment I forgot who was the coach of this team. For a brief moment I got too happy to be 2-0 for the first time since 2004 and looked past who was coaching this team.

Where do I even begin.

So your #1 WR is out. Maclin.
So your starting center is out for the season. Kelce
So you are starting the #3 LT since the other two are out. Bell

Vick is already getting beat up like a rag doll when these starters are in. And when he isn't getting beat up because of poor protection he is getting beat up after getting the ball out cause he takes too god damn long. Oh yeah and he is fumbling and throwing picks.

So now you are Andy Reid. What do you do? Your best player on the team is the RB McCoy. Do you start the game by running the ball, get a drive going, and avoid exposing your OLINE and QB to the good pass rush and good pass D Arizona has?

NO OF COURSE NOT. FAT FUCKING MORON ANDY REID COMES OUT PASSING. NOT JUST PASSING BUT PASS PASS PASS PUNT PASSING.

This man is going to drive me crazy. How the fuck do you not ever adjust for any game whatsoever? No matter what the game is, no matter who is in or out of the starting lineup, no matter who is starting at QB, ANDY FUCKING REID has the exact same gameplan every week.

The man called a play action pass on a 3rd and 9 in the fourth quarter down 3 scores!!!!???? WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT? YOUR OLINE CAN'T BLOCK AND YOU HAVENT RUN THE BALL ALL GAME. WHO ARE YOU FOOLING?

You keep calling deep routes that require both pass protection and a QB who can read the defense right away. YOU DON'T HAVE THESE TWO ELEMENTS.

I am almost to the point I want them to go 8-8 or worse so he is finally fired. Yes its just 1 game and they are 2-1 and they lost to a up and coming good team. But its how they lost. Its how they just showed up with the same game plan with no real plan for the Cardinals. Its always "Reid's system" and its always supposed to trump any and all defenses.

McCoy gets 13 carries and majority of those came in the 2nd half when they were already down 24-0. And you know what? The two best drives they had were in the 3rd quarter when McCoy was heavily featured. And even then they only netted 6 points.

Vick won the starting job over Kolb because Kolb couldn't stay healthy and Vick went through a stretch of 7 games with no fumbles or INTs. Now he can't get out of his own way. And he won't last another 2-3 games at the rate he is being demolished.

DJAX and Maclin I love but both them are only deep threats. None of the WRs on the Eagles have size, no one can go across the middle, and both starters are injury prone. Maclin's replacement in the starting lineup is even smaller than DJAX! Oh and he fumbled on a KO that set up the Cardinals first TD.

And even with all this evidence in front of him. Not just this game but fucking 14 years worth of evidence, come this Sunday against the Giants the Eagles will come out with the same exact game plan. PASS PASS PASS. SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN. Oh and why the fuck do you even give the ball to McCoy on 2nd and 20s after a penalties? Even if he gains a decent 5-6 yards you have to go on 3rd and long.

I fucking hate Andy Reid.

effzee

If he knows the corners blitzing from that side, why not check out of the pass play and run the ball to the opposite side? Surely the Eagles must had an audible ready for that situation. The QB only needs to read the situation at the line and check out of the play.

I don't buy it. Sorry don't. Vick goes out of his way to protect and praise Reid because the man saved his career. I have also seen Vick audible in and out of running plays.

That play he didn't read the blitz. No one did. And that isn't Vick's blindside but he never ever even looked to his left. He had no idea the dude was coming and about to rock his world. Vick is many things but when he sees or senses a defender around him he usually avoids them. I have seen him spin move out of that situation a 100 times now. And in fact if he did that he would have had the whole left side of the field open to himself to go score.

Oh and it would have been nice if Reid wasn't wasting timeouts earlier so they could have had 1 to spare in that situation. Even still with 16 seconds to go and 3 cracks at goaline you should be able to score and or at least get 3 points. As usual they looked unprepared and I was holding my breath each and every time they dropped back to pass. And it showed why.

i got destroyed this week in pick 'em. two measly correct picks. 19 correct for the season, 10 picks behind first place in my pool (pending tonight's game). damnit.

squicken

I fucking hate Andy Reid.

That was a good eval of the situation. If Vick makes the same mistakes over and over then at some point it's on the coach and not the player for allowing it to continue. He should never have let Vick have that responsibility at the end of the half, even if he said "3 steps bang". Vick can't be trusted to get it out

They only had 6 seconds and no timeouts so running wasnt an option but Vick needed to look to the right side flats and if it wasnt there then fire it through the endzone. Holding the ball hoping someone would come open was a terrible idea in that situation.

I only saw the second half of yesterday's game.

That said, this Big Nickel thing is not working at all. Lebeau is clearly afraid to give up the middle of the field, so he hangs his DT's back in their gaps and doesn't attack them, but our linebackers and cornerbacks are not fast enough to close on the throws these QB's make. Manning shredded us because of it, and Palmer (!) shredded us because of it. We need Inside linebackers. Desperately.

Offense, other than the uncharacteristic fumbles by Brown and Wallace (2 fumbles Brown? Where was your head at?!) And the fact that we still can't run for shit (which i'm starting to think is on Redman because this is the same O-line we had last year and Mendenhall made it happen) This Steelers offense is incredible. Ben is starting to prove that he's the elite QB I always said he was. Funny thing about it is that Ben still isn't happy because he has to listen to Haley and not run the no huddle at will. Oh well, fuck him.

Talk about officials deciding a game! Wish we had scabs then.
I don't remember refs deciding the game so I'll just assume that's some Packer fan revisionist history business going on.

Anyway, I expected the Dolphins to be complete garbage this year but they've surprised me. They hung with the Texans for the entire game minus 5 minutes where they looked absolutely dreadful, they killed the Raiders, and they lost to the Jets thanks to the usually reliable Carpenter missing two late game FGs, losing Reggie Bush in the first half, and Tannehill throwing a stupid pick 6. They have one of the best run defenses in the league right now and a great o-line and in the games where they avoid turnovers I think they can be competitive with just about anyone.

At this point I think we're looking at a team that is somewhere around 20th in the league, which is much better than I would have expected going in. Of course, if they start averaging 3 or 4 turnovers a game then they could end up being as awful as you think they are. We shall see!

That was a good eval of the situation. If Vick makes the same mistakes over and over then at some point it's on the coach and not the player for allowing it to continue. He should never have let Vick have that responsibility at the end of the half, even if he said "3 steps bang". Vick can't be trusted to get it out

The first 2 plays Vick did throw the ball away though. It was jut 3rd down and he decided to be the hero and get the TD when the FG would have ben fine. I dont see what the coach could have done differently there. They couldnt run due to n timeouts, and you cant just give up and take the FG on 1st or 2nd down. You can blame Reid for going for it on 3rd down but of all the things wrong with that game that call seems like such a minor thing.

Talking bout attacking officials

No respect, whatsoever. It really is the substitute teacher-syndrom.

Yeah. They're no doubt blowing calls and doing a crummy job just with getting calls together in a timely fashion, but I do feel a little sympathy for them. It can't be an easy job and certainly not when you have coaches and players not even trying to act civil with them. Do people forget that the normal refs make shitty calls all the time too? Admittedly not like this season, but still.

Quikies83

It's a great tactic if you're a great player and want to improve your chances of getting drafted by a better team. Did wonders for Hernandez as well. You'll compensate the money with your second contract.

Hmmm. Never thought about it like that -- makes sense.

Quote from Saints RT Strief on Houston yesterday

"I've never felt more individually responsible for the destruction of an offense before," Strief said. "I mean, I've just never been in a situation ... I mean, hats off to him (Houston). That's a game that you fear as a lineman. I had no answers. And I think I really gave us no chance to get anything going."

When asked if he was just talking about the sacks or other plays as well, Strief said, "I don't feel like I did a good job at any point in that game. ... I think I was physically and mentally beaten. And that's disappointing, because you just can't be in that situation. As a professional athlete, you can't be in the situation that I was in today."

When asked if he can attribute any of the team's struggles to the absence of Coach Sean Payton, Strief said, "I have a very hard time attributing what happened today to not having a head coach, because he can't block anybody. At the end of the day, I don't know what Coach Payton being here would have done to make me block somebody."

Wrayfield

Lol, I would have maybe agreed with you on the Jets but without Revis they are gutter trash. Buffalo might surprise people and win 6 but they aren't good. Miami is dog shit, they are dog shit that was eaten and vomited up by a cancerous rabid dog if Bush is seriously hurt.

I still think we have a really good D. Reggie will be missed but Miller and Thomas can provide some solid running if the line blocks as well as they did. Tannehill is the problem here, not really his fault, he is just so Sanchez it hurts. That INT to Roidman was utter bullshit. I think he will get better, just not sure he will be a franchise QB. So far, I like what Philbin's done, it's not like he's got much to work with.

Actually, I look forward to playing the Cards. Kolb will probably not finish that game and will be forced to throw more with our run D.

K-19

Banned
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/24/calvin-pace-we-had-to-put-reggie-bush-out/

In the days leading up to Sunday’s game against the Dolphins, Jets coach Rex Ryan stole a line from linebacker Bart Scott when he was asked how the team was going to deal with Miami running back Reggie Bush.

“Obviously we have to do a great job of getting a lot of guys to him and then get him on the ground. Put some hot sauce on him, if you will,” Ryan said.

Bush wound up getting knocked out of the game with a knee injury just before halftime and he didn’t return to the game in the second half. The Dolphins missed his productivity — Bush had 61 yards on 10 carries before his exit — and Jets linebacker Calvin Pace said that was just what the Jets defense needed to do.

“I guess he was doing his thing for a quarter or two,” Pace said, via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “We had to put him on out. We didn’t see him again.”

It sounds a bit unseemly to hear Pace say that they “had to put him on out” after hearing Ryan’s desire to break out the hot sauce, but there doesn’t seem to be anything but bad fortune to blame for Bush’s injury, which looks like it will keep him out for a couple of weeks. It happened when he took a helmet to the knee while being tackled by several Jets. It appears to be linebacker Garrett McIntyre’s helmet making contact after it is forced down by Bush’s shoulder as both players went down to the turf. No one went after Bush’s knee on the play, but it became a casualty all the same.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports the NFL isn’t expected to offer any discipline as a result of Pace’s comments, ill-advised as they might have been.

Suspicious ...

eznark

Banned
I don't remember refs deciding the game so I'll just assume that's some Packer fan revisionist history business going on.

Anyway, I expected the Dolphins to be complete garbage this year but they've surprised me. They hung with the Texans for the entire game minus 5 minutes where they looked absolutely dreadful, they killed the Raiders, and they lost to the Jets thanks to the usually reliable Carpenter missing two late game FGs, losing Reggie Bush in the first half, and Tannehill throwing a stupid pick 6. They have one of the best run defenses in the league right now and a great o-line and in the games where they avoid turnovers I think they can be competitive with just about anyone.

At this point I think we're looking at a team that is somewhere around 20th in the league, which is much better than I would have expected going in. Of course, if they start averaging 3 or 4 turnovers a game then they could end up being as awful as you think they are. We shall see!

This was (i think) the game where the Packers got flagged for illegally lining up over the long snapper on a punt, which prolonged the drive and allowed the Dlphins to win. It was 1. A terrible call that is never made and 2. Completely incorrect as Hawk was sufficiently off the ball so as not to violated the rule.

"Real" refs not knowing the rules, not enforcing them properly and deciding the outcome of the game.

If they havent learned it yet I doubt they ever will.

asante-samuel-dropped-an-interception-that-would-have-ended-the-game.jpg

Ah look, it's that time again, where Yankeehater stops loving the Eagles and his precious Kolb for a minute to bitch about the Patriots again. Oh how I love it when that happens, now please start complaining about how we cheated, how all your 'good players' were injured during the Super Bowl and how McNabb wasn't hungover as fuck, throwing up all over himself.

Wrayfield

That's how every defender in this sport speaks and thinks. Maybe a bit too obvious here, but you always want to physically dominate a player. You don't want to injure him, unless you're a prick that is. I for my part am always sad when one of the good ones goes down. Revis was tough, I wanna beat the Jets with him on the team. Same goes for Brady back a few years, I hate him, but I want to beat him behind center.

The running game wasn't quite as good but was still productive w/o Bush. Thing is, Ryan is an utter idiot and will say whatever to make his player look better than they are. He will say wildcat is a gimmick only to use it the next year. Great D coordinator but more full of shit than a BLarry can.

effzee

Ah look, it's that time again, where Yankeehater stops loving the Eagles and his precious Kolb for a minute to bitch about the Patriots again. Oh how I love it when that happens, now please start complaining about how we cheated, how all your 'good players' were injured during the Super Bowl and how McNabb wasn't hungover as fuck, throwing up all over himself.

1. You guys did cheat.
2. Our good players were not injured. TO made an impact when no one thought he would.
3. McNabb was not hungover. He has thrown up in a few games when he plays in hot muggy weather.

And fucking Kolb is probably laughing his ass off looking at what is going on in Philly. His coach didn't put him in a terrible situation to get exposed and beat up. He made all the right decisions, didn't turn the ball over, and took sacks when he needed and threw the ball away when he needed to.

And most of all his coach knew his limitations, knew what his D could do, and played to their strengths while attacking the Eagles weakness. If Kolb was starting for the Eagles right now he would be just as beat up as Vick behind this line and this dumb fucking coach.

Wrayfield

Honestly I'm impressed with how much classier the Jets were yesterday compared to usual. They didn't even have any coaches tripping players from the sidelines.

Haha, yeah you're right. Also, Ryan lost a lot of weight, man. Did that take another part of his stomach out or what? Or is foot massaging such a calorie burner?

I don't think even Packers fans can take such shit seriously. So full of it.

effzee

Ha Yahoo did some stats correction and I went from losing to Brinbe by 0.10 points to winning now by 2. No players left for either of us.

LOL. I still love the Eagles even though they lost yesterday. I will also always be upset about that SB. The Eagles were without Chad Lewis and TO was playing on 1 leg but they did have more good players then just those 2. The PAts did cheat though so I will agree with you on that. I have no idea why Mcnabb threw up in that game, I would hope it wasnt because he was hungover but I dont know what that has to do with anything. Mcnabb played terrible in that game but missing Lewis hurt and the Pat taping practice probably didnt help either. You can say I love Kolb as much as you want but it makes you look silly. Kolb doesnt play for the Eagles and I really want him to do poorly now that he is on another team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom