• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN

Coughlin is hopeful of having RT David Diehl (knee) back this week. #NYG
Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif

squicken

And fucking Kolb is probably laughing his ass off looking at what is going on in Philly. His coach didn't put him in a terrible situation to get exposed and beat up. He made all the right decisions, didn't turn the ball over, and took sacks when he needed and threw the ball away when he needed to.

Kolb threw a pass that should have been an INT and possibly a TAINT, but two Eagles collided and it luckily bounced to Floyd for a TD

Vick makes an awful decision that is a minimum 10 point swing

Some good plays and lots of luck had AZ in charge of that game. I wouldn't crown Kolb just yet

effzee

Why wouldn't Bill Bilichick be suspended? Coaches should have the same rules as players.

He should be. Watching Skip jump through hoops trying to find a technicality on why he shouldn't be is hilarious.

And I wasn't on the board last night but were people really questioning that game winning FG by Baltimore? I thought it was clearly in.

What does it matter? You guys are basically coming off of a bye week to go up against a beat up and injured Eagles team. And knowing Reid, you only need to look at any game tape from any of the of the games from the past 14 years and you will know exactly what the plan is.

PASS PASS PASS. This might be the game Foles plays due to Vick breaking down.

I remember back in 08 there was a terrible game the Eagles played against a terrible Bengals team. Their D completely shut down our O. After the game one of their corners said "Well we know what they want to do. They always run the same slow developing deep routes so we just covered those and they didn't run the ball or adjust."

LOL

Dragon

Banned
Ah look, it's that time again, where Yankeehater stops loving the Eagles and his precious Kolb for a minute to bitch about the Patriots again. Oh how I love it when that happens, now please start complaining about how we cheated, how all your 'good players' were injured during the Super Bowl and how McNabb wasn't hungover as fuck, throwing up all over himself.

Philly fans are just dumb. The only great part of Philly besides cheesesteaks is going down to see my alma mater get destroyed in the Big East in basketball.

effzee

Lol, SAS was the same guy who said you can kick two FGs if you miss on third down.

He might not have known the rule but he owned up to it. None of the guys are brilliant or smart even but SAS talks about the actual games. Skip talks about feelings, his gut, and speculates on everything based on his alliances, theories, and favorites.

Just this morning he somehow blamed Vick for McCoy only getting 13 carries. Only someone who didn't see the game would even try to connect the two somehow. First of all what does the QB have to do with the # of running plays called? Second majority of the 13 carries came in the 2nd half when they were already down 24-0. WHAT WAS GOING ON IN THE FIRST HALF?

Of course Skip doesn't like Vick and always argues against him, so he has to spin any bad Eagles game purely on Vick with no talk about the coach.

Narag

He should be. Watching Skip jump through hoops trying to find a technicality on why he shouldn't be is hilarious.

And I wasn't on the board last night but were people really questioning that game winning FG by Baltimore?

Initial angle they showed made it look questionable along with unfamiliarity with he rules.

effzee

Kolb threw a pass that should have been an INT and possibly a TAINT, but two Eagles collided and it luckily bounced to Floyd for a TD

Vick makes an awful decision that is a minimum 10 point swing

Some good plays and lots of luck had AZ in charge of that game. I wouldn't crown Kolb just yet

No crowning. He shouldn't even be starting because Skelton out played him and won the job.

Point is in this game and just this game Kolb has to know if he was playing on the other side he would be getting the shit knocked out of him with no adjustment or help from the coaching staff. EVEN THOUGH FUCKING MCCOY IS ON THE TEAM!

Please don't think I like Kolb. I fucking blame that pick alone for a lot of what has gone wrong with the Eagles since the 07 season.

effzee said:
What does it matter?
Oh my. I know you're in a fatalistic mood with the Eagles but come on now. I've chronicled the shittastic level of play the Diehl brings to the table multiple times. Coming off a week where the Giants have finally found a run game - the last thing I want to see is the offensive line reshuffled against a division rival with actual NFL quality defensive ends.

effzee said:
You guys are basically coming off of a bye week to go up against a beat up and injured Eagles team. And knowing Reid, you only need to look at any game tape from any of the of the games from the past 14 years and you will know exactly what the plan is.
Works both ways. It's not as though the Giants don't have tendencies - plus we are lacking anything remotely close to an NFL caliber cornerback. There's some hope with Hosely and maybe Prince continiung playing but no game against the Eagles is a sure thing.

Hopefully, Vick continues to be in a giving mood next weekend. Fewell will not doubt let loose on that offensive line (if he's smart).

effzee

Any game-deciding, nationally televised kick that isn't right down the middle is going to get people riled up.

Meh. I guess I didn't think it was that questionable. Either way no reason to put your hands on a ref. Suspend him a game. He can go chill with Payton that weekend.

effzee

Oh my. I know you're in a fatalistic mood with the Eagles but come on now. I've chronicled the shittastic level of play the Diehl brings to the table multiple times. Coming off a week where the Giants have finally found a run game - the last thing I want to see is the offensive line reshuffled against a division rival with actual NFL quality defensive ends.

Works both ways. It's not as though the Giants don't have tendencies - plus we are lacking anything remotely close to an NFL caliber cornerback. There's some hope with Hosely and maybe Prince continiung playing but no game against the Eagles is a sure thing.

Hopefully, Vick continues to be in a giving mood next weekend. Fewell will not doubt let loose on that offensive line (if he's smart).

You just have no idea how much I envy your coaching staff. Sure you don't win every game and every coach makes bad decisions here and there but to watch Any Reid week in and week out make some of the dumbest mistakes over and over is just painful.

Somehow these divisional games are close but just based on how the two teams are set up, based on QB play, based on the balance you guys have on offense when using a back up RB, the Giants should beat us soundly. Even if Maclin is back.

Talon

I don't understand why we passed out of that formation for Ryan's INT. We had a fucking lineman lineup as fullback with 2 TEs.

...wut?

Cagey

Banned
Damn.

Now Wilson has to prove that he was a 1st round pick.

Wilson could have a fine season, but the Jets defense is fundamentally built around playing 10-on-9 football. It allowed Rex Ryan to scheme his way to a pass rush because he was, in essence, not losing a player in coverage given that Revis freed up a man on defense.

Without individual pass rushing talent... that pass defense could fall to middle of the pack, which would be disastrous for the Jets on the whole.

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

Rex believes it's a complete tear for Revis.
Hope he's able to recover well from that and the Jets don't rush him back.

Standard waiting period of 2-3 weeks before he has the surgery. He's done for the year for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom