• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

Oh another thing.

Why do we have 4 RBs on the roster when we barely run with McCoy anyway?

Why not sign Plaxico at this point? He has no speed left but he has size and that is the biggest problem, behind play calling, the Eagles have in the red zone. They have no size and no big target when the field is shortened.

What a joke a Reid is. Now throwing Vick under the bus.

Mrbob

Squicken, the lesson to be learned is don't throw it Tim Jenning's way. He is now using magically powers to force the WR into not catching the ball when he screws up on coverage.

bO1bP.jpg

Oh another thing.

Why do we have 4 RBs on the roster when we barely run with McCoy anyway?

Why not sign Plaxico at this point? He has no speed left but he has size and that is the biggest problem, behind play calling, the Eagles have in the red zone. They have no size and no big target when the field is shortened.

What a joke a Reid is. Now throwing Vick under the bus.

Did you even read Reid's quote? He didnt blame the loss on Vick at all. Even after the game he said the loss was on the coaches and they have to do a better job. I get that you have decided you dont like Reid but you are really overreacting today. It is one loss to a team outside of their division. If they lose to the Giants then it is time to worry, but the Eagles almost never lose to the Giants so hopefully that will continue.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Did you even read Reid's quote? He didnt blame the loss on Vick at all. Even after the game he said the loss was on the coaches and they have to do a better job. I get that you have decided you dont like Reid but you are really overreacting today. It is one loss to a team outside of their division. If they lose to the Giants then it is time to worry, but the Eagles almost never lose to the Giants so hopefully that will continue.

Losses to HOF Kolb should be expected, right?

Vick and Reid have been pretty equal in their failure this year, but it is just one loss that has kinda been coming since we first stepped on the field against the Browns. Its not a huge deal.

effzee

Are you fucking kidding me? It wasn't just that it was a loss.

ITS HOW THEY FUCKING LOST. And its always the same thing. How dumb of a coach do you have to be to go into that game, with those injuries, and do the exact same thing you always do only to have the Cardinals punch you in the mouth?

What is the goal here? SB right? How do you expect to win the SB when the OLINE is completely garbage and Vick is getting beat up almost every play. Any fucking imbecile can see you need to counter by running the ball. But no not Reid.

If they lost a close hard fought game it would be one thing but they lost the game from the beginning thanks to terrible playcalling. And by even mentioning "evaluating Vick" Reid has opened the idea of benching Vick only after 3 games.

How about instead of creating any QB controversy, you work on the OLINE? Get that great OLINE coach you had to have to make adjustments and coach those guys up?

And oh yeah that McCoy fella? He might need to carry more than 4 times in the first half when at most you are down by is 3 to 10 points.

Swallow your pride, run the fucking ball, and sign Plaxico for redzone purposes only. Give up on your delusional fantasies of a high scoring deep passing offense and run the ball. Play to your strengths. The last time any team fell for the play action deep pass to DJAX was two full seasons ago. Now all teams know to just cover the deep routes and blitz non stop to beat the shit out of Vick. Make some fucking adjustments because I haven't seen any in what seems like forever.

squicken

When will the league announce Bill's suspension?

also here you go squicken

[MG]http://i.imgur.com/iHa5w.jpg[/IMG]

He didn't have a good day. They abandoned the run in a one score game for no reason. Bradford has this weird stat line where he's awful on 1st downs and much better on 2nd and 3rd. I don't know if it's just a statistical oddity or if they are using 1st down passes as low percentage shot plays. But whatever they are doing with 1st down passes it's not working

Squicken, the lesson to be learned is don't throw it Tim Jenning's way. He is now using magically powers to force the WR into not catching the ball when he screws up on coverage.

I think he was expecting the safety to help on that. Sometimes the other team just wins on a play. The OL blocked the front four, Bradford froze the safety by looking at Amendola, and made a good throw. Just a terrible drop

Losses to HOF Kolb should be expected, right?

Vick and Reid have been pretty equal in their failure this year, but it is just one loss that has kinda been coming since we first stepped on the field against the Browns. Its not a huge deal.

The Cards are a good team inspite of Kolb not because of him. That D is so good and their special teams are also really good. They pinned the Eagles deep a bunch with punts and even got a turnover on a punt return. Their D doesnt give up anything big and the hit the fuck out of everyone. I couldnt have been more wrong about them, but even though Kolb put up decent numbers yesterday it was super easy for him. Eagles were behind the whole game and so they had to respect the run and they kept bitting on play action fakes. I really want to see what Kolb would have done against a D like the Eagles if he was trailing and had to pass.

Fox318

He didn't have a good day. They abandoned the run in a one score game for no reason. Bradford has this weird stat line where he's awful on 1st downs and much better on 2nd and 3rd. I don't know if it's just a statistical oddity or if they are using 1st down passes as low percentage shot plays. But whatever they are doing with 1st down passes it's not working

I think he was expecting the safety to help on that. Sometimes the other team just wins on a play. The OL blocked the front four, Bradford froze the safety by looking at Amendola, and made a good throw. Just a terrible drop

Sounds like Schotty is back to being shitty!!!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So....you guys are enjoying this Eagles fan meltdown as much as me right?

It's so salty in here right now that I feel like I'm swimming in the ocean. Eagles fans melting down, Pats fans arguing out of their asses, Lions fans disappearing. LOVE IT. Make the replacement refs permanent!

eznark

Banned
It's so salty in here right now that I feel like I'm swimming in the ocean. Eagles fans melting down, Pats fans arguing out of their asses, Lions fans disappearing. LOVE IT. Make the replacement refs permanent!

No shit. I cannot remember a better day of football than yesterday. Almost every game was amazing, we had three OT games going on at the same time, and afternoon game went into OT, the evening game came down to a last second field goal, a "respected" coach lost his shit and attacked a ref...

Seriously, yesterday was fucking amazing if you like football. Flat amazing. I give no fucks who the refs are, just keep putting a product this fantastic on the field every week!

jmdajr

I heard on the radio that Cortland Finnegan was going to get every cheap shot he could while the replacement refs are around...

I don't have an actual quote though.

eznark said:
It wouldn't be as enjoyable had yankeehater not completely dismissed the Cardinals.;)

jmdajr said:
I heard on the radio that Cortland Finnegan was going to get every cheap shot he could while the replacement refs are around..
Can't blame him. You're seeing everyone test the boundaries right now from coaches to players. Can't blame them at all.

squicken

Sounds like Schotty is back to being shitty!!!

Well you can see from the GIF I posted that they did have some success out of spread. It's just they could never sustain anything. CHI has a great defense, so maybe there was no cracking it. GB is better at every position on offense and they struggled at home versus the Bears D. That said, he didn't do what he is paid to do yesterday

I'm just glad we are talking football, and I don't blame people for being passionate about their team. It's all good fun for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom