• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
"Raiders scored on every 2nd half possession for 1st time since 10/13/91 vs Sea."

How come the Raiders are so good, guys?

Because we're so scared of the deep ball, that we have our corners giving receivers a football field cushion. That combined with the fact that we're incapable of getting pressure without Harrison and Polamalu results in a guaranteed 7+ pass yards every attempted pass by the opposing team.

Draxal

If he talks about Rutgers, it'll be to slam the program for something-or-other. Rutgers is his college version of the Jets: a punching bag.

He rarrrrrrrely talks about them and he actually complimented them for beating a SEC SEC SEC team, we're just lucky he's talking about football and not baseball (need an update on how bad the mets suck Mikey).

Sokantish

Because we're so scared of the deep ball, that we have our corners giving receivers a football field cushion. That combined with the fact that we're incapable of getting pressure without Harrison and Polamalu results in a guaranteed 7+ pass yards every attempted pass by the opposing team.

Don't worry, I know the Raiders aren't actually good. I thought they were only gonna get 1 win this season, but now I'm thinking they're gonna get 2!

LJ11

I would think Revis isn't a potent weapon against a team like the 49ers. Who are you trying to shut down in one-on-one coverage that requires a corner of Revis's talents? Vernon Davis is athletic at the TE spot, and, uhh... Crabtree catches some crossing routes sometimes. The 49ers weakness neuters a Jets strength, as bizarre as that sounds.

The 49ers D is still likely to violate Sanchez tho.

You're discounting the run game completely, and not just as a force player. When you have a guy like Revis, everyone's fit changes in the run game, safeties can flow down/scrape as they wish.

Francessa sucessfully got Time Warner and MSG to start talking again so I wouldn't be so quick to discount him.

Granted it was eventual, but Francesa pushed things along when he called both of them out on their bullshit on radio and got them airtime. Francesa is a more powerful influence than people think, whether they care to admit it or not.

"Raiders scored on every 2nd half possession for 1st time since 10/13/91 vs Sea."

How come the Raiders are so good, guys?

Cause somebody on the team was smart enough to realize that the Steeler D couldn't cover a slice of bread if you gave them the butter. In their first two games, the Raiders were something like 6 for 28 on third downs. Yesterday, they were 7 for 12. If you get to third down against them, you've got them right where you want them.

Yea. Dre owns Innegan, in football and in fighting.

Best player on the Texans got kicked off. Finnegan neutralized Johnson. He won.

I think it will definitely improve with Harrison and Polamalu. Even if Harrison isn't as good as he's been in past seasons, his presence alone is going to force offenses to make a decision between focusing on him or Woodley, a scenario I think will make Woodley more of a factor than he's been thus far. And Polamalu has definitely lost a step, but Lebeau seems to dial up much more exotic defensive schemes when he's in the lineup.

If Woodley needs Harrison in order to be a factor, then he's a non factor.

Fox318

Francessa sucessfully got Time Warner and MSG to start talking again so I wouldn't be so quick to discount him.

Granted it was eventual, but Francesa pushed things along when he called both of them out on their bullshit on radio and got them airtime. Francesa is a more powerful influence than people think, whether they care to admit it or not.

Lin got them to start talking again.

Lot of Brady Bunch fans out there.

image.php

Fox318

This pats fan is a scumbag. I wouldn't be surprised if this costs her job.

"presumably a Patriots fan", with her name being "KatieBrady12", and that not being her real last name, I'm going to have to say that's it certain.

While the comment is bad why should her saying something outside of work change her employment status? She was not representing her job when she made the harsh statement was she?

I just wish people understood that what they say online will always be online. It would be one thing is she was with a group of friends or had her twitter account private but to say something so stupid so openly like that...

Not only is she insensitive, mean, and cruel but she is also stupid.

Dragon

Banned
While the comment is bad why should her saying something outside of work change her employment status? She was not representing her job when she made the harsh statement was she?

I just wish people understood that what they say online will always be online. It would be one thing is she was with a group of friends or had her twitter account private but to say something so stupid so openly like that...

I just went through this as training for my company. Depends what kind of company she works for, but even if she's saying it on Facebook or Twitter if people can identify her with her company it can be a problem. For instance if I worked for the NFL and had that on my Facebook profile and I blasted Goodell with a status update saying he should fire himself for not dealing with the officiating issues I could get fired.

I agree with you. I don't think she should lose her job, I just said I wouldn't be surprised. I read the article, and people are tweeting her bosses email. They're pissed. I think it's crazy that her tweet even got that much traction. She didn't tag anybody in it, yet Ray Rice saw it, Scott Van Pelt, etc. I'm going to have to monitor my Flacco heat on twitter. I don't want to become a Baltimore pariah.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
This pats fan is a scumbag. I wouldn't be surprised if this costs her job.

All sports fans lose their cool, and some (like me) are shitty losers. There has to be a smarter way to spit your venom and cool off. This will last much longer than her bitterness over the game.

Sanjuro

I agree with you. I don't think she should lose her job, I just said I wouldn't be surprised. I read the article, and people are tweeting her bosses email. They're pissed. I think it's crazy that her tweet even got that much traction. She didn't tag anybody in it, yet Ray Rice saw it, Scott Van Pelt, etc. I'm going to have to monitor my Flacco heat on twitter. I don't want to become a Baltimore pariah.

Hey Flacco, how about you call your brother and tell him about the wi---ohhh. Wait. #TooSoon?

23JdL.gif

harSon

Banned
Best player on the Texans got kicked off. Finnegan neutralized Johnson. He won.

If Woodley needs Harrison in order to be a factor, then he's a non factor.

Well, he's been a factor, just not dominate. He's always been a streaky player though, dominating during some stretches and disappearing for others.

All sports fans lose their cool, and some (like me) are shitty losers. There has to be a smarter way to spit your venom and cool off. This will last much longer than her bitterness over the game.

You're right, but to attack a person who just lost a very young brother? There's being a shitty loser and then there's just being a piece of shit.

Nori Chan

You'd be surprised how anything can be found on twitter.

now i will search for you and make sure you burn at the stake larry!

Sanjuro

His brother, Mike, is a minor league baseball player in the Orioles organization. I'm sure he did call him. Mike was, no doubt, very happy for his big bro.

I Google searched him. He appears to look actually normal, except he is wearing a Jacksonville Jaguars shirt in the photo. He's gotta have a screw loose.

effzee

He needs to evaluate himself. He and McNabb should have been packaged goods.

Oh but he does. After every loss "its all on me I have to do a better job putting the players in a better position to win". Its his standard statement after every loss. But really its nothing more than his hatred of dealing with the media and to blame himself when in reality he doesn't change shit. Its never really his fault because nothing is adjusted.

Fox318

I just went through this as training for my company. Depends what kind of company she works for, but even if she's saying it on Facebook or Twitter if people can identify her with her company it can be a problem. For instance if I worked for the NFL and had that on my Facebook profile and I blasted Goodell with a status update saying he should fire himself for not dealing with the officiating issues I could get fired.

But that would be blasting management for a company that you worked for and your termination would be totally justified. I would hope that we as a nation do not get to a point where your viewpoints will cause a firing when it has nothing to do to your employment. What if you made a political donation to a origination that was seen as unpopular to the general public but you still were a good employee? I hated John Rocker with every fiber of my body but I wouldn't have asked for him to be fired because he was a racist idiot.

If she losses her job there will be lawyers lined up to represent her. The tweet went viral because of a few message boards kept it alive and I honestly believe because of the fact that it is a women and it was against a Boston sports team.

There must be thousands of horrible tweets that come out after a sports game with racist and cruel things by fans. Whats the ratio of male to female when it comes to drunk/insensitive tweets? Combine that with a overall hatred for Boston sports caused by controversy,recent success, and the largest sports media network with a clear Boston sports bias due to where it is located. Boom.

For all my Patriots brother who are a little down today:

I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend,
You could cut ties with all the lies,
That you've been living in,
And if you do not want to see me again,
I would understand.
I would understand.

Adam Schefter said:
Darrius Heyward-Bey was released this morning from Eden Medical Center after spending the night under observation. He is resting at home with a concussion and neck strain, and expected to make a full recovery.

Well that's good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom