• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey

Finnegan is the scummiest player in all of football. And hes got Kramer hair.

johnson-finnegan.gif

i was at this game...the stadium went live when this happened

when another grown man does that to you, you should feel embarassment for your wife and children

Fox318

Check the tweets after Boston loses a hockey game. Racism is alive and well.

You can check tweets from every game.

Racism will always be around so long as there is an economic inequality between cultures/creeds and so long as people will be stupid.

Would you define a person as being racist simply by what they say or what they believe?

I honestly believe that if more people were articulate and had a greater vocabulary race,gender, religion, and sexuality would not be attacked so much.

Most of these tweets are the cause of anger or frustration that often time is not related to a persons race, gender, religion, or sexuality. I feel like most people say hateful things like this because they are looking for something quick and easy to blame or hate. Going back to the old hate is what begets new hate and the cycle continues.

The person who made the statements about smiths brother had nothing to do with race, feature, or religious belief. However, they still are disgusting but they also were met with an overwhelming opposition from people of all races and creeds.

Dragon

Banned
I can't wait to see how many Bruins/Pats/Celtics fans are left after they finally go into mediocrity

Oh yeah the bandwagoners argument. Awesome. I'd argue the Bruins are more important to the city of Boston than the Celts. And the Celtics were completely awful before they got the Big Three so I don't even understand where you're going with this.

Fantomex

Oh yeah the bandwagoners argument. Awesome. I'd argue the Bruins are more important to the city of Boston than the Celts. And the Celtics were completely awful before they got the Big Three so I don't even understand where you're going with this.

I think what he was trying to say is that "Nobody Likes You".

So have the three mentioned for the most part, sans Jeremy Jacobs.

Hm I heard the Pats didn't have that big of a following before Bledsoe got hurt. Maybe I heard wrong.

Well I would agree the Bruins are more important since MA is a big hockey state. It's just I haven't heard so much trashtalking and boastfulness before they were even good. Tbh I never even heard a peep from Bruins fans before 2008.

eznark

Banned

Serious time, why do you day that? When I was in Boston (06-09) the Bruins were not even remotely a thing that I encountered every day. I worked in Copley Square, spent time all over town, etc. so it's not like I was outside the Boston "scene" and I wouldn't say either the Celts or Bruins were terribly important?

this_guy

Best player on the Texans got kicked off. Finnegan neutralized Johnson. He won.

That was after the Texans had already kicked the Titans butt and the game was out of hand. Andre didn't get a suspension, so it didn't hurt the Texans at all. Personally as a Texans fan, that actually made me feel great. And all around the NFL it seemed like everyone was happy Andre whooped him.

Oh yeah Andre already had like over 100 yards and a td that game. Don't think Finnegan won.

JABEE

All sports fans lose their cool, and some (like me) are shitty losers. There has to be a smarter way to spit your venom and cool off. This will last much longer than her bitterness over the game.
I agree. Philadelphia fans aren't all bad. There are just a few lose cannons ruining it for the rest of us.

I agree. Philadelphia fans aren't all bad. There are just a few lose cannons ruining it for the rest of us.

Nah, Philly fans are just passionate. Except that one douche at a Sixers game who threatened me for having a Yankees hat on. I was like 'fuck off, I'm rooting for the Sixers and this is a basketball game, not baseball'

Since we got Bledsoe and Parcells, we've practically sold out every game. Prior to that it was Giants country.

I still hate Bledsoe and Mo Lewis to this day for that play that paved the way for Brady. I was like 'yeah show this scrub Brady what its like to play in the NFL'. Bam, super bowl.

Dearly deceased Steeler-GAF member DeathByVolcano (aka Brandknew) wanted me to post this:
Today was the best day of football I've encountered in YEARS. Three games in OT, MANY games coming down to the last play of regulation, a the BEST game I've watched in several seasons (Det/TEN) and Tammy and the Cheatriots losing. Perfect.

I have lived in a bunch of different parts of the country and I think Eagles fans specifically are the best. The week before the super bowl was the craziest week of my life. It was such a fun time and everyone was so hyped. I didnt see one negative thing that whole trip. People go out of their way to try and make Philly fans look bad, but the fact that they have to bring up the snowball thing from 50+ years ago shows that they really dont have much.

Sanjuro

Yeah I'm Yankees/Giants myself. There are a lot of Mets/Giants.

They are certainly there. Some have to do with the bandwagon or just picking a team as well. Jets really don't have much to show other than loyalty. Same reason there are a ton of Celtics fans in New York.

I love the experience of infiltrating and hanging out with the different sports cultures. Always fun for me.

Sanjuro

I still hate Bledsoe and Mo Lewis to this day for that play that paved the way for Brady. I was like 'yeah show this scrub Brady what its like to play in the NFL'. Bam, super bowl.

We're done here.

What about the holy trinity of Jets/Mets/Nets. There's got to be a few freaks out there willing to subject themselves to that.

Not really. Nets were mostly a New Jersey thing with not too many fans in the New York area. At the same time, the Devils have a healthy amount of fans there due to the success in the 90s.

Fox318

What about the holy trinity of Jets/Mets/Nets. There's got to be a few freaks out there willing to subject themselves to that.

Jets, Mets, Islanders, Nets combo has to exist.

We're done here.

Not really. Nets were mostly a New Jersey thing with not too many fans in the New York area. At the same time, the Devils have a healthy amount of fans there due to the success in the 90s.
There were still people who followed when the team left for NJ.

Plus people hate dolan.

Jeff-DSA

I just came to out of my depression coma. As soon as Carpenter missed that FG, I knew we would screw it up. That game was presented to us on a silver platter and he choked.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I have lived in a bunch of different parts of the country and I think Eagles fans specifically are the best. The week before the super bowl was the craziest week of my life. It was such a fun time and everyone was so hyped. I didnt see one negative thing that whole trip. People go out of their way to try and make Philly fans look bad, but the fact that they have to bring up the snowball thing from 50+ years ago shows that they really dont have much.

lol

Fantomex

Deluded.

mirror-delusion-deluded.jpg

harSon

Banned
Steelers or Cowboys/Lakers/Yankee is the worst combo

I used to be a Steelers/Pirates/Penguins/Lakers fan since Pittsburgh never had a basketball team, and I moved to Long Beach from Pittsburgh around the time I started watching basketball, but now I consider myself a fan of basketball without a team.

Coming so late onto such a cookie cutter team just felt so dirty for some reason. Now I pray for the day that Pittsburgh lands a basketball team, a day that will likely never come :(

Jeff-DSA

I've mellowed on my Patriots hate. Yes, it's still hate, but it's no longer blind hate. I've moved that over to the Jets. I mean, the Jets haven't even won anything, but it doesn't stop them from acting and talking like they're gunning for their 6th straight Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom