• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ball in that shot is already past the uprights. People really think that kick wasn't good?

it looked wide to me during the live camera shot last night. It only looked good on the replay shots that came after and those were all from a camera to the right of the goal posts. Unfortunately they didnt show the straight on live shot again before the game ended.

nateeasy

Banned
Hmmm (from the video with a quick photoshop addition of an extended goal post)

1_zps7bf7a294.jpg

No clue where the ball actually crossed over thought, but every frame I see the ball is just slightly right of the end of the pylon, meaning no good by NFL Rules.

I'd like to see a view from directly behind it. Not from this weird angle

The ref isn't even standing under the upright. How can he tell where the ball is.

I don't understand how they don't have a camera system for this though.

There's two refs under each upright actually. What's weird is they do have a camera right there on the cross bar but for some reason there was no shot from it for that kick. Suppose that's an NBC issue.

Nemesis121 said:
Giants fan only, too much time involved following other sports, can't do it, plus i rather be letdown by one team, than 4 every year, don't know how some fans can be crushed 4 times a year...
Woe is the life of us Giants fans with those two Lombardi's in five years. Imagine being a Browns fan!

First world problems.;)

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I have no vested inteest in it one way or that other honestly, though when it was shown on TV i thought it missed. Its way too close to call, so I'll always defer to the guy standing right under the pylon. but its still fun to dissect it
I have no vested interest either, would have prefered both teams lose since they are AFC. And it looked no good to me. /shrug.

I don't understand how they don't have a camera system for this though.
even worse, if it doesnt go through the uprights its NOT reviewable, if it goes through the uprights it IS reviewable. Makes zero sense.

@BScalabrine24

The #Jets should use Tim Tebow at CB to replace Revis because no one does a better job of keeping the ball away from receivers than Tebow
:jnc

EDIT: Schefter confirms league is looking into Belichik/Shannahan situations with the refs along with John Harbaugh.

Pagusas

Elden Member
how do they do the ball tracking thing in Tennis where they can instantly see where the ball hit on the court to contest if its out of not? Can the same system be done in the NFL?

Couldn't that be easily fixed with more cameras?

Of course it can, which can also allow for a review. But with what they have now is what I was referring to.

I was looking at the schedule, and noticed the Jets' short week is Thanksgiving against the Pats after being on the road in St. Louis. Something tells me that's not gonna end well.

I wanted to get tickets to that Thanksgiving game. But given the recent play of the Jets, I don't think I can pay 200 bucks to watch their ass get kicked by the Patriots.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
how do they do the ball tracking thing in Tennis where they can instantly see where the ball hit on the court to contest if its out of not? Can the same system be done in the NFL?

They can't get the original refs to agree to the current terms the NFL is proposing much less this idea.

Link

The Autumn Wind
It's a system called Hawk-Eye. They're actually going to be testing it out for baseball at Citi Field next year. We'll see where it goes from there.

What I find sad is that he was that close to missing on such a short field goal. That was way closer than it ever should have been.

Speaking of kickers, again I would like to ask: WHY CARPENTER!? WHY!?

Pagusas

Elden Member
What I find sad is that he was that close to missing on such a short field goal. That was way closer than it ever should have been.

Speaking of kickers, again I would like to ask: WHY CARPENTER!? WHY!?

Whats worse is he nailed it the first time when Billy Bellicheaks called the TO

Regarding last night's game -

Really bothered me when Collinsworth congratulated Torrey Smith for having a great game as if that was any consolation for losing his baby brother.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well

NFL - Broncos
MLB - Yankees
NHL - Rangers
NBA - Usually follow players, never had a team Right now is Kobe, not highly invested in NBA, I wait till the Finals to watch NBA seriously, unless some great drama gonna happen to certain teams/trade

GraveRobberX

Regarding last night's game -

Really bothered me when Collinsworth congratulated Torrey Smith for having a great game as if that was any consolation for losing his baby brother.

Now when Torrey underplays, doesn't perform, watch Twitter go bananas with marks of Torrey needs to lose another sibling/family member to perform

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Baltimore fans that say it!

GraveRobberX

By the way NFL, figure out why so many players are losing their helmets, every other play whoops, helmet off

Wellington said:
I hope all Giants fans can recognize that this is a golden era for us. I've been following the team since about 1995, had some awful times.
Word.

1986 here. I've had the pleasure of seeing all four Super Bowl victories. Of course I was only 8 at the time of the first so those memories are far hazier than I care to admit. I had the pleasure of attending Super Bowl XXV in Tampa (I lived in Miami at the time).

squicken

Sorry, Colts fans:

eh i'd rather hilton and brazill play than a guy who they were never going to bring back next year. collie's played his last game. he's a FA and no one will touch him with his concussion issues. he should sue peyton for hanging out to dry so many times

GraveRobberX

Also Holy Shit is Amtrak (train) expensive

Want to go visit my baby niece in Wilmington, Delaware for the weekend

One Way:
Morning times cheapest is $57 (6 fucking AM), pricey $69
Afternoon $118, $138
Night $98, $111
Oh Business class add $10
Takes 1 hour 45 minutes

Went to Greyhound (bus)

One Way:
$27, get there in 2 hours 15 minutes, no stops, direct, deluxe bus

The Fuck!?!

Cagey

Banned
Word.

1986 here. I've had the pleasure of seeing all four Super Bowl victories. Of course I was only 8 at the time of the first so those memories are far hazier than I care to admit. I had the pleasure of attending Super Bowl XXV in Tampa (I lived in Miami at the time).

Born in late 1986 here, so the Giants are the winningest football team in my lifetime. Feels good man.

One Way:
Afternoon $118, $138
Night $98, $111
Takes 1 hour 45 minutes

Went to Greyhound (bus)

One Way:

The Fuck!?!

You're paying for scenery.

eh i'd rather hilton and brazill play than a guy who they were never going to bring back next year. collie's played his last game. he's a FA and no one will touch him with his concussion issues. he should sue peyton for hanging out to dry so many times

Collie was the man though. He knew he was gonna get destroyed yet he would make those catches anyway.

Doesn't matter, the Jets will sign him. Their offensive LaRon Landry project.

Pagusas

Elden Member

One Way:
Afternoon $118, $138
Night $98, $111
Takes 1 hour 45 minutes

Went to Greyhound (bus)

One Way:

The Fuck!?!

Doesnt' Greyhound charge a fuel surcharge when your checkout that isnt initially shown? Maybe its a different bus that does it, not sure. All I know is I take Amtrak from my town to Chicago all the time. Once I tried using a Bus and the price was way cheaper like you showed here, but once i went through the checkout there was an additional $40 fuel charge!

GraveRobberX

I came to America in 1986

My first Superbowl was 1990, fell in love with the Broncos, learned heart break quickly at the hands of Montana and 49'ers

Then Super Bowl 32 & 33 was sweet vindication

Also damn@ Revis gone for the year ouch and what the fuck is Rex wearing with that green splotch Jets shirt, looks so ugly

squicken

It's easy money if another team gives him a contract, so I understand the thought process, but at the rate Collie's going you just hope he retires.

Can't remember who it was but there was a college guy with a history of concussions that just plummeted in the draft. In terms of measurables, concussion avoidance is now a trait. If you have to take a guy out and then sit him for two weeks every time he gets one, then it's Scarlett Letter. It's kind of the unintended consequence thing where players know that they need to do everything they can to avoid a concussion diagnosis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom