• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCizzle

379993_10100822321642838_673346091_n.jpg
LOL

TheNatural

My Member!
Didn't see the ending, but I think people are giving the regular NFL refs way, way too much credit. Revisionist history must be in effect to not realize how horrible the regular NFL refs are each and every year. They've fucked up plenty of big calls each and every year and Super Bowls even.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
"It's awful, that's all I'm going to say about it."
Ten Minutes of explanation later.

"Yeah that's about it."

I've never said that. I said they were as bad as the perfect refs. I think after the Wednesday opener I said they did a good job, that's the most praise I've given.

Fucking refs needs to stop sacking Rodgers, this cannot stand!

Yep, because no team has ever deserved to win that's allowed that many sacks. They all deserved to have games stolen from them by shitty officiating. Keep fighting your good fight.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
ESPN was overselling the shit out of this. It wasn't as bad a call as they were going on about.
Hardly. If espn is over selling it, so is everyone else, based on the twitter comments and reaction around right now.

It's clearly the wrong call. Jennings had it.

Even if the strike was over tomorrow it would still be two weeks at least until the refs come back. Also why hasn't Young spoken yet? He looks like he's lost it all.

What Nincompooper is this shit.
Damn ESPN commentators not knowing the fucking rules. Trying to steal the win from the Seahawks.

How the fuck did Jenning have control?
He grabbed it in the AIR & before his feet touched the ground, Tanner(?) GOT BOTH his hands on the ball AND he landed FIRST before Jennings.

Simultaneous catch BEFORE the defensive player had full control, the rule states the offense wins.

Fuck those hacks at ESPN.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
oh Stu: "We'll make this a bigger issue in a second."

you've been talking about it nonstop for over 30 minutes already.

Maxim726X

That's what I've been saying: It WASN'T a simultaneous catch- Both players did not have control of the ball at the same time... Only when both were on the ground did both have control.

Which makes it even more amazing that a video review did not overturn it.

Bread

Banned
Damn ESPN commentators not knowing the fucking rules. Trying to steal the win from the Seahawks.

He grabbed it in the AIR & before his feet touched the ground, Tanner(?) GOT BOTH his hands on the ball AND he landed FIRST before Jennings.

Simultaneous catch BEFORE the defensive player had full control, the rule states the offense wins.

whatareyoutalkingabout.gif

and who the fuck is tanner

Branduil

So how many of the replacement refs is Cheaty Petey paying right now? This is twice they've tried to rig a game for him, and this time it worked.

It wasn't just that last play.

BS roughing the passer call on Walden on the play where Wilson was picked off.

BS passing interference on Shields.

Totally ridiculous.

Which makes it even more amazing that a video review did not overturn it.

For the MILLIONTH time, the video review could NOT overturn the TD call. They could only call it incomplete if Tate dropped it on his way down or something. THey could not have overruled the TD an called an INT.

Bowser

It wasn't a simultaneous catch numbnuts. Jennings had the ball in the air and on the way down. Tate only got his hands on the balls after they were both on the ground.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Gruden has a lot of power, lots of people on my Facebook feed saying it's a TD because Jennings didn't bring it to his chest to make it an INT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom