• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
A3nF9cNCcAAdqp2.jpg

NFL: "What controversy?"
Lmao.

Nameless

While not quite as bad, and don't get me wrong because I am a pretty big hoops fan, but I don't like having the shit-ref-feeling while watching the sacred sport of football like I do regularly watching basketball. Teams only get 16 games, can't have officials imposing their will on the outcomes here.

Revenant

Didn't a lot of this thread seem to feel the Packers were gifted their touchdown by the refs? I hope they're not complaining now since it seems all they did was set destiny right and give the hawks one.!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
if this situation has taught us anything:

Division III Football has been a sleeping problem for years, Imagine all the blown Division III games that occurred because of these refs. Consequences will never be the same.

Steve Young was right. BILLIONS!

refss.gif

Looks like a TD to me!

It's not as bad of a call as it's being made out to be. I think a lot of the media members were just waiting for an excuse to start this faux outrage shit. They've been holding it in for 3 weeks and waiting for an opportunity like this.

THe way people are talking you'd think the real refs were infallable. Lets not forget that a REAL ref got a fucking coin toss call wrong once. They fuck up calls like this too.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I want the WWE to invade the NFL and give us the XFL we should have had from the beginning.

Team Hell No could take on the Panthers, Bears, and Eagles' O-Line and win.

MacAttack

Holy shit, Seattle won?? On a controversial ref call?!? I turned the game off after they got stopped on 4th and goal. Can't wait to watch highlights and read the thread.

Greg

Just got home, reading back some of the posts now. The bar was going nuts that last drive.

On to week 4!
Harrell would've put up more points

Maxim726X

For the MILLIONTH time, the video review could NOT overturn the TD call. They could only call it incomplete if Tate dropped it on his way down or something. THey could not have overruled the TD an called an INT.

So a video review cannot prove that a simultaneous catch wasn't made?

DJ88

Damn, I'm really glad I'm not a Packers fan right now. This was the peak, the climax, the epitome, to the replacement ref problem. it couldn't be more perfect. A last second, game deciding play. Two refs cluelessly looking at each other and giving opposite signals haha. It's just too perfect to be real.

Fox318

It's not as bad of a call as it's being made out to be. I think a lot of the media members were just waiting for an excuse to start this faux outrage shit. They've been holding it in for 3 weeks and waiting for an opportunity like this.

I'm with you but the fact that everyone knows that the refs are substandard ruins every call.

It wasn't a simultaneous catch numbnuts. Jennings had the ball in the air and on the way down. Tate only got his hands on the balls after they were both on the ground.
refss.gif

Both players have their hands on the ball BEFORE Jennings comes down.

Unless I'm wrong, full possession means having control AND both feet on the ground.

Seahawks win LEGIT. ESPN trying to drum up controversy.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Do you not understand it would take a high profile team getting fucked to have a deal come through?

They still wont get a deal.

Yep, they won't get a deal because your average NFL fan will move on from this and look forward to this Sunday's lineup instead.

I'm hoping this sparks a fire in Rodgers and the offense. He usually plays better with a chip on his shoulder. I don't know if Green Bay has become soft making all of those commercials or what but this offense right now is a joke.

That call was egregiously terrible though.

xnipx

Tate had one hand on the ball at the least on the way to the ground from the looks of that gif. Whether that constitutes simultaneous possession idk. But it's not an easy call at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom