• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troll

Banned
hailmar2_medium_medium.gif

ZZMitch

You know what? I am almost happy this happened as long as it doesn't become the reason the Packers miss the playoffs. Goodell needs to realize he is destroying this league.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The hyperbolic obsession with this shit is amazing. I can't wait to hear morning radio and ESPN calling this a "national tragedy" that cannot be allowed to go on, lol.

It's not as bad of a call as it's being made out to be. I think a lot of the media members were just waiting for an excuse to start this faux outrage shit. They've been holding it in for 3 weeks and waiting for an opportunity like this.

THe way people are talking you'd think the real refs were infallable. Lets not forget that a REAL ref got a fucking coin toss call wrong once. They fuck up calls like this too.

Do you have any friends? Or twitter? The talking heads aren't the one generating the story

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
the NFL isn't a sport; it's entertainment. rulebooks and enforcement are secondary to viewer ratings and how much money they can pull in at the gate.

we might as well be watching wrestling at this point. we already have the heel commissioner to start things off with.

I can't shut twitter off. :jnc

Reuben Frank @RoobCSN

Lance Easley, who called that a touchdown, is president of the Los Padres Football Officials Association. That's HS football in California.

Ebenezer Samuel @ebenezersamuel

Packers, by the way, are owned by community. Hence, no owner was harmed in the making of this Monday Night Massacre. Just more fans

Paul Schwartz @NYPost_Schwartz

Aaron Rodgers said he was given a kicking ball to throw for the 2 point conversion.

Paul Schwartz @NYPost_Schwartz

Amen"@JayGlazer: The refs should be thankful it's Yom Kippur tomorrow bc there's stuff we're gonna say we're gonna need forgiveness for"

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It's not as bad of a call as it's being made out to be. I think a lot of the media members were just waiting for an excuse to start this faux outrage shit. They've been holding it in for 3 weeks and waiting for an opportunity like this.

THe way people are talking you'd think the real refs were infallable. Lets not forget that a REAL ref got a fucking coin toss call wrong once. They fuck up calls like this too.
That's the thing that gets me. The real refs fuck up all the time, but these replacement refs have created a story that has turned those refs into something that they're not.

Chichikov

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The hyperbolic obsession with this shit is amazing. I can't wait to hear morning radio and ESPN calling this a "national tragedy" that cannot be allowed to go on, lol.

Haha and even better the NFL still won't strike a deal with the refs and we get at least 5 more weeks of this.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You know what? I am almost happy this happened as long as it doesn't become the reason the Packers miss the playoffs. Goodell needs to realize he is destroying this league.

I'm nearing the point of Jim Mora concerning the playoffs....

This team looks broken.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
oh yes, thank you for salt radio links. I love these after crazy shit happens in football (like USC losing a couple weeks ago)

Judderman

drawer by drawer
the NFL isn't a sport; it's entertainment. rulebooks and enforcement are secondary to viewer ratings and how much money they can pull in at the gate.

we might as well be watching wrestling at this point. we already have the heel commissioner to start things off with.

Dwzgo.gif

I wish I had Photoshop skills.

Dragon

Banned
Tate had one hand on the ball at the least on the way to the ground from the looks of that gif. Whether that constitutes simultaneous possession idk. But it's not an easy call at all.

The Packers DB received the ball and had possession before Tate stuck one hand in. It's an easy call. Let's not forget the horrible push off as well. Simultaneous means simultaneous not one then the other.

Goodell works for your owner. Blame your owner. Or in the case of Packer fans, blame yourselves. Goodell isn't this all powerful football god. He does the bidding of the owners.

tokkun

The game was full of clearly wrong calls on pass interference, holding, personal fouls, etc for both teams. The blown call at the end of the game was just the culmination of what was the worst officiated game I have ever seen.

Fox318

Will espn stop talking about the extra crew This all has to do with the pension. Clubs have been cutting plans for their staff because they are getting greedy.

Fuck these owners.

BobDylan

refss.gif

Both players have their hands on the ball BEFORE Jennings comes down.

Unless I'm wrong, full possession means having control AND both feet on the ground.

Seahawks win LEGIT. ESPN trying to drum up controversy.

so you ran off the field after making that awful call and then came and posted on gaf to try to get people on your side. youre not gonna fool me ref

DJ88

Even though the review couldn't have overturned the TD, it should have never been called a TD in the first place. I have no idea what the ref who threw the TD signal was thinking.

My Dad: "The only reason these guys are saying it was an interception is because they are members of Unions."

I wish he would come off this bullshit. Guys with no experience are not going to do as good a job as the gusy with years of experience. It's common sense. It's one thing to go over the top with every bad call like ESPN and everyone does, but it's another thing to give them way too much credit on every call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom