• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNatural

My Member!
Catch or not, it's well deserved karma for dumbass DB's that NEVER BAT DOWN THE BALL on Hail Marys, instead hoping for an INT to pad their stats to say they got one.

Why the fuck was the DB trying to go down with the ball in the first place? He should have been just trying to dislodge and make sure it hits the ground. Bu bu bu ... I wouldn't have got my INT if I did that! Derp.

greepoman

One hand on Jennings arm and another hand kinda near the ball is not a simultaneous catch.

In real time from the ref's angle is it really that easy to tell one hand is on the arm and not the ball though? That gif is the best possible angle and not where the ref was.

refss.gif

Both players have their hands on the ball BEFORE Jennings comes down.

Unless I'm wrong, full possession means having control AND both feet on the ground.

Seahawks win LEGIT. ESPN trying to drum up controversy.

Jennings had the ball completely. Tate has his hands on Jennings' hands/arms clear as fucking day.

Nameless

Damn, Lang could have given me half of his impending $5000 fine and I would have VLOG'd his message to the NFL on his behalf.

Guuuuuuuuuuuyyyyyssssssssssssss!!!!

Remember when Hochuli fucked up that Charger/Bronco game? Refs suck. Regular refs, replacement refs, all refs. They suck.

These ones apparently sucked pretty bad this week. But put the regular refs back in and we'll be bitching at them too.

ez makes a good point. If the Packers block in the first half and put up 30 points, then this doesn't come down to some bs call in the corner of the end zone. The fact is, the Pack didn't play well. They let the Seahawks hang around and when shit like that happens, more bad shit happens.

Was it a bad call? Yes. But let's not kid ourselves that the regular refs aren't also going to make bad calls.

Super Bowl XL biiiiiiiiiiiitches!!!!!!!

Jea Song

Did the right thing
Some of you need to stop looking at this as a fan of a certain team and as a fan of the nfl is general. If this shit happened to your team you would be screaming up and down all the same.

The over whelming majority of people are going to say the packers were robbed. The ones who say no either dislike the packers, are sea hawk fans, or need make an appointment with an optometrist tomorrow for an exam.

Fox318

So its official

Hockey Refs>>>>Baseball Umps>>>NBA REFS>>>>>>>>Soccer Refs>>>>>>>>UFL Refs>>>>>>>>>>>>>That drunk dude with the shitty smell>>>>>>>>>NFL REFS

Some quality lines being tweeted and posted around:

>I'm so impressed with the Make A Wish Foundation's ability to get 4 guys on national TV for nearly 5 straight hours. #mnf

>The real refs poppin champagne like the '72 Dolphins right now! #MNF

>Reggie Bush thinks Pete Carroll should have to give this win back. #MNF #USC

>OJ Simpson just called Seattle to congratulate them on getting away with murder.

CONTROL. He did not have control, as he did not come down with his feet, knees or elbows before Tate got BOTH of his hands on the ball.
It doesn't matter who caught the ball first in the air.

When his Knee/foot came down Tate already got BOTH of his hands on the ball.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Which is dumb as well. All these unreviewable calls for what reasons exactly?

Yeah, some of the non-reviewable things makes sense, like penalties, but this seems like it should definitely be reviewable.

CONTROL. He did not have control, as he did not come down with his feet, knees or elbows before Tate got BOTH of his hands on the ball.
It doesn't matter who caught the ball first in the air.

When his Knee/foot came down Tate already got BOTH of his hands on the ball.

No. You are wrong. Wrong about control in the air, and wrong about both hands on the ball.

Narag

It's really fascinating to watch. Grown men shaking their heads like it's all over or something.

Ten, maybe twenty years from now, people will look back and not remember the defensive changes that made it a passing league. The ref strike will be the new start of the death of the league. What I wouldn't give for some of those mid 2000s games like we'll never get again. Just let them play damn it.

MattDoza

refss.gif

Both players have their hands on the ball BEFORE Jennings comes down.

Unless I'm wrong, full possession means having control AND both feet on the ground.

Seahawks win LEGIT. ESPN trying to drum up controversy.

How does anyone even see this as Tate ever having possession? His right hand never even made contact with the ball until they were down on the ground and he began jostling for the ball.

tokkun

My Dad: "The only reason these guys are saying it was an interception is because they are members of Unions."

I wish he would come off this bullshit. Guys with no experience are not going to do as good a job as the gusy with years of experience. It's common sense. It's one thing to go over the top with every bad call like ESPN and everyone does, but it's another thing to give them way too much credit on every call.

You should let your dad know that Green Bay is a pretty large conservative-leaning city in Wisconsin and played a big role in our union-busting governor Scott Walker being elected and defending against recall.

Meanwhile, Seattle is a thoroughly liberal city.

_woLf

What is the most annoying about this is that people will probably demonize both the refs AND Seattle for this. Seattle had a LOT of bad calls go against them during the game, too.

Tom Penny

Some of you need to stop looking at this as a fan of a certain team and as a fan of the nfl is general. If this shit happened to your team you would be screaming up and down all the same.

The over whelming majority of people are going to say the packers were robbed. The ones who say no either dislike the packers, are sea hawk fans, or need make an appointment with an optometrist tomorrow for an exam.

So the other 59+ minutes of the game didn't matter? GB could have got a bigger lead or batted the ball down like they were supposed to. Problem solved.

If this proves anything it is that the rules need some updating. Why do we have video review for just about everything except all of these weird game ending things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom