• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

CONTROL. He did not have control, as he did not come down with his feet, knees or elbows before Tate got BOTH of his hands on the ball.
It doesn't matter who caught the ball first in the air.

When his Knee/foot came down Tate already got BOTH of his hands on the ball.

You are dense. No one agrees with your position.

Well, besides the ref that called it a TD.

Nameless

ESPN acting like this was the only game the refs won or lost in the 1st 3 weeks. Drama queens.

There were plenty of games where the refs swung the pendulum in a certain direction, but this was the first where the direct result of the game hinged on their incompetence. They stuck the tip inside us yesterday, but we still could have made stops and won.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Steve Young just lost his innocence on national TV, have some sympathy man.
tumblr_maw1nfYzNi1qh94vdo1_500.gif

Chiggs

Gold Member
What is the most annoying about this is that people will probably demonize both the refs AND Seattle for this. Seattle had a LOT of bad calls go against them during the game, too.

Please. The game should have been over when Wilson threw that INT that was reversed due to that roughing the passer call.

minx

Catch or not, it's well deserved karma for dumbass DB's that NEVER BAT DOWN THE BALL on Hail Marys, instead hoping for an INT to pad their stats to say they got one.

Why the fuck was the DB trying to go down with the ball in the first place? He should have been just trying to dislodge and make sure it hits the ground. Bu bu bu ... I wouldn't have got my INT if I did that! Derp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HommPBJWtFs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzRRqK3C3jw

cdyhybrid

Adam Rank ‏@adamrank
Well, now it's time for WWE RAW, where at least I know what I'm getting from the officiating.
Retweeted by NFL

OH SHIT

Dude Abides

Banned
Guuuuuuuuuuuyyyyyssssssssssssss!!!!

Remember when Hochuli fucked up that Charger/Bronco game? Refs suck. Regular refs, replacement refs, all refs. They suck.

These ones apparently sucked pretty bad this week. But put the regular refs back in and we'll be bitching at them too.

ez makes a good point. If the Packers block in the first half and put up 30 points, then this doesn't come down to some bs call in the corner of the end zone. The fact is, the Pack didn't play well. They let the Seahawks hang around and when shit like that happens, more bad shit happens.

Was it a bad call? Yes. But let's not kid ourselves that the regular refs aren't also going to make bad calls.

Super Bowl XL biiiiiiiiiiiitches!!!!!!!

Nobody is saying the regular refs never make bad calls.

CONTROL. He did not have control, as he did not come down with his feet, knees or elbows before Tate got BOTH of his hands on the ball.
It doesn't matter who caught the ball first in the air.

When his Knee/foot came down Tate already got BOTH of his hands on the ball.

You know what, you're right, it's everyone else in the world who is wrong. LOL You gotta be trolling

Jennings had the ball completely. Tate has his hands on Jennings' hands/arms clear as fucking day.

Tate had one hand on the ball when Jennings was in the air & had both his hands on teh ball, BUT as they were going down, Tate got his other hand on the ball.

This was before Jennings was down.

refss.gif

Tate with both hands on the ball when Jennings head is going down.

replay_medium.gif

Jennings knee touching after his head is going down.

ESPN Eat shit & die with your tweets. LOL I hope this blows back to them & people stop watching their shitty Monday Night games.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So its official

Hockey Refs>>>>Baseball Umps>>>NBA REFS>>>>>>>>Soccer Refs>>>>>>>>UFL Refs>>>>>>>>>>>>>That drunk dude with the shitty smell>>>>>>>>>NFL REFS

Why doesn't the NFL bring in the NHL refs? They aren't doing anything! MUSTACHED REFS FTW!

ari

Banned
Guuuuuuuuuuuyyyyyssssssssssssss!!!!

Remember when Hochuli fucked up that Charger/Bronco game? Refs suck. Regular refs, replacement refs, all refs. They suck.

These ones apparently sucked pretty bad this week. But put the regular refs back in and we'll be bitching at them too.

ez makes a good point. If the Packers block in the first half and put up 30 points, then this doesn't come down to some bs call in the corner of the end zone. The fact is, the Pack didn't play well. They let the Seahawks hang around and when shit like that happens, more bad shit happens.

Was it a bad call? Yes. But let's not kid ourselves that the regular refs aren't also going to make bad calls.

Super Bowl XL biiiiiiiiiiiitches!!!!!!!
The lions catch of 2 years back and the first steelers Super Bowl was fucking atrocious. I like how people are making them seem so fucking great.

Fuck the packs.

brentech

I think my wife is somehow more upset than I am. I think she just thinks that's how I really feel, but I'm over it now for the most part. It bums me out, but at this point it's just kind of 'whatever'
Shit happens. Hope they don't Linger on this and play depressed though.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
So the other 59+ minutes of the game didn't matter? GB could have got a bigger lead or batted the ball down like they were supposed to. Problem solved.

We aren't discussing the whole game here man. We are discussing the last play of the game.

You might as well have said The packers should of scored 100 touchdowns in the first quarter and this wouldn't have been an issue.

j-wood

I think ESPN is totally right making this as big as it is.

Like it or not, this is the DEFINITIVE first time, the replacement refs have decided the outcome of a game. This was the last play, it decided points, and it decided the outcome.

That's different than the refs marking off the wrong yardage with another quarter of play left. In this scenario, the players could no longer do anything to change the outcome.

Horrible. Absolutely horrible. The fact that the booth couldn't determine possession is irrelevant. We had two refs come in and both make different class.

I was rooting for SEA, but this ending actually wasnt' as bad as the media is saying it is. I initially thought it was a horrible call, but replays definitely suggest that was a rough/difficult call.

The refs before were really shitty as well.

Bowser

Tate had one hand on the ball when Jennings was in the air & had both his hands on teh ball, BUT as they were going down, Tate got his other hand on the ball.

This was before Jennings was down.

refss.gif

Tate with both hands on the ball when Jennings head is going down.

replay_medium.gif

Jennings knee touching after his head is going down.

ESPN Eat shit & die with your tweets. LOL I hope this blows back to them & people stop watching their shitty Monday Night games.

APjuY.gif

refss.gif

Both players have their hands on the ball BEFORE Jennings comes down.

Unless I'm wrong, full possession means having control AND both feet on the ground.

Seahawks win LEGIT. ESPN trying to drum up controversy.

Alright, let's play your game. Since when does an offensive player having part of his hand on the ball without both feet on the ground constitute a legal catch? At the very least, it's incomplete for either team. At most, it's an INT for the Pack. But what it is not, is a TD. Yeah, there's going to be way too much bitching about it because of the replacements. But the reality is, they got the call wrong on the field.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Like it or not, this is the DEFINITIVE first time, the replacement refs have decided the outcome of a game. This was the last play, it decided points, and it decided the outcome.

That's different than the refs marking off the wrong yardage with another quarter of play left. In this scenario, the players could no longer do anything to change the outcome.

Horrible. Absolutely horrible.
The problem is that the regular refs have screwed up the end of games, as well. I'm not saying that the regular refs aren't better, but ESPN is acting like this is an unprecedented act that will now shatter the integrity of the NFL.

cashman

Banned
Between Bettman and Goddell we are living in a golden era of awful sports commissioners.

The problem is that the regular refs have screwed up the end of games, as well. I'm not saying that the regular refs aren't better, but ESPN is acting like this is an unprecedented act that will now shatter the integrity of the NFL.

It's not even strictly about calls missed/made. These replacements have absolutely no control over the game. They're game management skills are severely lacking, and something that is really underappreciated after seeing what's happened the first 3 weeks.

Horrible. Absolutely horrible.

And it's the only way to close the deal. It has to get blown soo big for it to have a chance of registering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom