• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Smith and Victor Cruz signing and exchanging cleats. Nice moment.

A3SU37yCcAAA0VQ.jpg

Fox318

When I was in college, I would just say I had to take a shit anyway if I got rejected and walk away. My friends and I would snicker at the look on the chicks face...

I guess it depends on what you are looking for.

Are you looking for a relationship, a friend, or just sex?

I've been in a relationship for over 4 years now and its awesome. Best advise I could say is if something is wrong or you dislike something in your relationship change it or end it. Never take a relationship and be complacent with it.

Most of the time if you just act like yourself you probably can win over most people unless you are SNes. No girl or man wants to be hit on with Wii U talk and excuses.

Fox318 said:
I guess it depends on what you are looking for.

Are you looking for a relationship, a friend, or just sex?
I just think being timid in general is silly. I mean I understand it, but you get over rejection. You don't get ever missed opportunities or "should I have..." moments...

I've been with my wife 15 years and she was engaged when I met her (though it was a very bad relationship).

EDIT: More injury updates:

Ebenezer Samuel @ebenezersamuel

Broken right hand for Corey Webster. He says he will play thru.

squicken

Jim Harbaugh has turned Alex Smith into Jim Harbaugh 2.0 <-click

But there are two other, related, metrics, that indicate a fundamental shift in Smith’s style of play. In 2010, Alex Smith led the NFL in interception rate, but he also led the league in sacks. Smith threw an interception on just 1.1% of his passes in 2010 but took a sack on 9.0% of his dropbacks; this year, his sack rate has jumped to 10.9% while he has yet to thrown an interception.

Last year, the average quarterback threw an interception on 2.9% of his passes and was sacked on 6.4% of his dropbacks, meaning Smith’s interception rate was just 39% of the league average while his sack rate was 41% higher than league average. Smith also averaged just 197 passing yards per start, 80% of the league average metric.

During Jim Harbaugh’s 4 years in Indianapolis, he was essentially Alex Smith. He had a 9.6% sack rate and a 2.1% interception rate, while averaging under 180 passing yards per game. When discussing Joe Namath, I noted that he almost never took sacks, which by some measures penalized him because it drove down his completion percentage and increased his interception rate. You can put Alex Smith and the Indianapolis version of Jim Harbaugh on one end of a spectrum and Joe Namath on the other. Both interceptions and sacks are bad, but to some extent, quarterbacks can decide whether they want to throw interceptions or take sacks. Smith, under Harbaugh’s tutelage, has clearly chosen the latter.

On a team with a great defense, that can work. Namath’s defenses weren’t always good, but when they were, the Jets were Super Bowl contenders. When the defenses struggled, Namath pressed even more, and ended up throwing even more interceptions. Smith is never asked to do too much, and Harbaugh has surrounded him with enough talent on the other side of the ball to make that a winning formula.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Why would anyone not want to be Joe Willie Namath?

When's the last time you think that guy paid for his own meal or drinks? Everyone knows he's an overrated fraud, but when you can go on national television drunk off your ass and grope Suzy Kolber and get away with it? Yeah, I'd take it.

LJ11

Maybe it's just me, but Chase Stuart seems to say a lot of dumb things on twitter, or maybe it's his undying love for the Jets. Comes across as clueless at times, yet he crunches the numbers and spins a good tale on his site. Not sure if I'm the only one that feels that way, I like his work, not his tweets and I don't even pay attention to twitter that often.

Edit: I'm trying to figure out if it's bias, just a couple of dumb things that pissed me off in specifically and not really a trend.

Fox318

It's funny how polarizing Namath is to the stat guys. Some think he's awful and just had the one big moment, and others think he's really good. I lean toward really good
Do people forget the Colts team he beat and his success after. Dude was a motherfucking gunslinger.
When's the last time you think that guy paid for his own meal or drinks? Everyone knows he's an overrated fraud, but when you can go on national television drunk off your ass and grope Suzy Kolber and get away with it? Yeah, I'd take it.

Least Joe asks before he kisses a women. Ben could learn from a man like him.

squicken

Maybe it's just me, but Chase Stuart seems to say a lot of dumb things on twitter, or maybe it's his undying love for the Jets. Comes across as clueless at times, yet he crunches the numbers and spins a good tale on his site. Not sure if I'm the only one that feels that way, I like his work, not his tweets and I don't even pay attention to twitter that often.

I really just view Twitter as everyone's stream of consciousness. I use it to get links to articles and then to read people go nuts during games.

edit: oh he definitely hates the Giants and the other AFCE teams, but I've never really seen it manifest too much in his articles other than his very strenuous Namath defense

Did anyone gif Scam's salty floe look duing the post game?

LOL

Press conference is weird. Cam needs to grow up a little

LJ11

I really just view Twitter as everyone's stream of consciousness. I use it to get links to articles and then to read people go nuts during games.

edit: oh he definitely hates the Giants and the other AFCE teams, but I've never really seen it manifest too much in his articles other than his very strenuous Namath defense

Yeah, I agree with that, which threw me when I read his twitter.

squicken

Ah yes, the gold standard excuse for losing.

It was kryptonite cam!

did you watch his press conference? he kept his eyes closed and wouldn't make eye contract with the media. he was acting like someone had just shot his dog. he's just way too emotional for his own good.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't think Cam knows how to deal with losing.

Didn't he win nearly every game he played in until he came to the NFL?

Almost not a shame that I had to work on some customer calls tonight. Saw about 15 minutes of the game and the G-men were already racking up the score. Cam looked like :blarry.

hopefully people will finally get off cam newtons dick. he had a good rookie season but people were already calling him elite and he did not have an elite season last year unless you use the qualifier of "elite for a starting QB who is a rookie". that is why he reminds me of bradford so much. same shit was said about bradford his rookie year and sure enough it was only "good" by rookie standards. i don't think either one of them is very good at reading defenses

squicken

hopefully people will finally get off cam newtons dick. he had a good rookie season but people were already calling him elite and he did not have an elite season last year unless you use the qualifier of "elite for a starting QB who is a rookie". that is why he reminds me of bradford so much. same shit was said about bradford his rookie year and sure enough it was only "good" by rookie standards. i don't think either one of them is very good at reading defenses

oh you. we saw what incompetent to good coaching can do with alex. no one in STL is as good as harbs, but the coaching is so much better vs spags and mcdaniels. this will all settle itself by the end of the year.

i actually think sam is like a lot of QBs where he just doesn't react well when he doesn't get his first read. he's had a couple of decent games so far against bad defenses. chicago on the road is a good test.

Just saw the post-game interview of Cam. All I can say is, wow. Don't get me wrong, if I got beat like a red-headed step-child I'd be upset too, but dang, his emotions seem to be way out of proportion.

K-19

Banned
Just little disappointed that Cruz didn't show big things against the panthers. Nice plays by Brown otherwise. And lol to baby Cam. Be a man, man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom