• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

I like Sound Fx, Top Tens, The replays of the games...
Good channel to have in the background.

and hey..

I got to watch A Football Life: TIM TEBOW! :O

Never watch outside of Football season though...

They need to get rid of half the guys. Also, they need people who aren't afraid to speak their mind. This alone is the reason I like Sapp, Sanders, and Irvin. Everybody else just blows. "I think they'll get out of it. This is a hard grinding defense blah blah blah."

Keep the playbook guys, The Gameday guys, and let everyone else walk.

They need to get rid of half the guys. Also, they need people who aren't afraid to speak thir mind. This alone is the reason I like Sapp, Sanders, and Irvin. Everybody else just blows. "I think they'll get out of it. This is a hard grinding defense blah blah blah.
Yes.

They'll figure it out. They finally got the announcers for the games halfway decent, although honestly Mayock isn't that great in the role (at least not yet).

DeaconKnowledge said:
They need to get rid of half the guys.
Agreed. Darren Sharper is another dude that has no business in front of the camera.

TheLegendary said:
although honestly Mayock isn't that great in the role (at least not yet).
He's excellent with analysis and breakdown, IMO but he makes mistakes often with fact checking (kept saying the Giants offensive line had at least 7 years of experience for every player when Beatty only had 4) and player names. He also talks a little too much. I like him though.

Agreed. Darren Sharper is another dude that has no business in front of the camera.

He's excellent with analysis and breakdown, IMO but he makes mistakes often with fact checking (kept saying the Giants offensive line had at least 7 years of experience for every player when Beatty only had 4) and player names. He also talks a little too much. I like him though.

That's my problem with him. He tries too hard to fill dead air with useless trivia.

Edit: also, NFL Network needs to stop bringing in just freshly retired guys to do analysis. Listening to whatshisface Giants O-Lineman blather on about how good the Giants are was eye roll inducing. If you can't be impartial, or at least deviate past the team you recently played for, you shouldn't be there.

Fox318

izKWgUQzjP4OL.gif

LJ11

That's my problem with him. He tries too hard to fill dead air with useless trivia.

Edit: also, NFL Network needs to stop bringing in just freshly retired guys to do analysis. Listening to whatshisface Giants O-Lineman blather on about how good the Giants are was eye roll inducing. If you can't be impartial, or at least deviate past the team you recently played for, you shouldn't be there.

hahaha

what's with your Giants hate? you love taking shots at them.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
They need to just keep the replacement refs until the playoffs.

Otherwise when it comes down to playoff seeding people will be like "bu-bu-bu-bu we had the fake refs when we lost that game1!!!11!"

squicken

wtf Kolb's wife is pregnant and due any day and he says he won't miss the delivery. So they'd have to play the third string guy if she starts labor this weekend?

squicken

LOL I dont blame him one bit for not wanting to get his head kicked in by the Eagles pass rush.

This is dumbest thing in the world. There's only 16 games and there a 52 guys who he will let down immensely if he misses the game. It's such an incredibly selfish act. If I was thinking of signing a guy this would be a hypothetical. It's a pretty good indicator on how much the player values football or if he "has his priorities in order"

This is dumbest thing in the world. There's only 16 games and there a 52 guys who he will let down immensely if he misses the game. It's such an incredibly selfish act. If I was thinking of signing a guy this would be a hypothetical. It's a pretty good indicator on how much the player values football or if he "has his priorities in order"

Kolb definitely seems like a guy that shys away from contact. So many times he will take the snap and turn his back on a play if he thinks there might be pressure. I agree with you that it is fucked up for a player to miss a game like that but it doesnt surprise me at all that he would be the one to do it.

Smokey

Hows it a selfish act to be there for the birth of your first born lol?

I remember when Vince Carter went to his graduation or something dumb during the morning of a GAME 7 playoff game. THAT was selfish.

Sorry, but first born = fuck football. They'll get over it.

Sorry, but first born = fuck football. They'll get over it.

Imagine if he doesnt play and the 3rd string QB plays terrible but the Cards still lose a close game because their D plays great and then they go on to miss the playoffs by 1 game. I doubt players/coaches would just get over it in that case.

Smokey

Imagine if he doesnt play and the 3rd string QB plays terrible but the Cards still lose a close game because their D plays great and then they go on to miss the playoffs by 1 game. I doubt players/coaches would just get over it in that case.

It's his first child.....if it was 2nd+ ok i could see that.

yankeehater said:
Imagine if he's not there for the birth of his first child only to play in a game he loses by 3 points. What then? I'm in agreement with Deacon, first born child = fuck football. As a father, I think his priorities are exactly where they need to be.

harSon

Banned

Imagine in the future your son is acting up, and you try and give him a heart felt speech about having priorities, and then he calls you out on playing a football game instead of being present for his birth.

Completely disagree with this. Family should be a priority over any job, in my opinion.

Slo

wtf Kolb's wife is pregnant and due any day and he says he won't miss the delivery. So they'd have to play the third string guy if she starts labor this weekend?

You're right. Week 3 2012 is probably the most important day of his life.

Matt Forte ruled out of Sunday's game against the Rams (no children being birthed involved):

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/21/matt-forte-wont-play-on-sunday/

The Bears have ruled out Matt Forte for Sunday’s matchup with St. Louis because of the ankle sprain that Forte suffered against the Packers last Thursday night. There have been optimistic reports about Forte out of Chicago all week and the extra time between games seemed to work in his favor, but he was never well enough to practice with the team this week.

Smokey

the real noticeable piece of this is we realized that squicken wouldn't care about his child but rather 52 other grown men

shameee

gutshot

Kolb or no, I don't see how this Cardinal's offense is going to score any points against the Eagles D.

I mean, even when we turn the ball over, we always are sure to do it in the red zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom