• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchjon

Feasting in American fast food delicacies, to then brag about it and make your fellow Euros jealous. So mean.

I know that feel, bro. The lack of cheap "Mexican" stuff in Europe is pretty sad. Fried chicken, too.

I also got me a Sam Adams Harvest Collection. Their Octoberfest is supposed to be pretty good, right? Any other American beers I need to try?

Dragon

Banned
I know that feel, bro. The lack of cheap "Mexican" stuff in Europe is pretty sad. Fried chicken, too.

I also got me a Sam Adams Harvest Collection. Their Octoberfest is supposed to be pretty good, right? Any other American beers I need to try?

Yuengling is delicious, I'm not sure if Boston has it.

Sam Summer is my favorite but Octoberfest is pretty good.

Dragon

Banned
Money, lack of information, and I like fast food :)
Anything I should try in the North End? I walked through there, seemed touristy.

Oh it definitely is. North End is Italian food, if you don't like that you should at least have some seafood while you're in Boston. If you're staying in Boston I recommend taking the commuter rail into Foxboro. I did that a couple of times and it made getting sloshed and watching Doug Flutie kicking a drop kick extra point just a bit better.

brentech

What's fun is when they put your connecting flight on the other side of the terminal and it takes the full hour to get there.
Especially when you can't walk quite right!
At first I was all, "oh sweet, close connection location". Went a few gates over and sat down. 10 minutes to boarding we figure out they changed the gate all the way back past the gate we started at the end of the terminal. 30 gates away trying to hobble as fast as I can.

Milchjon

Oh it definitely is. North End is Italian food, if you don't like that you should at least have some seafood while you're in Boston. If you're staying in Boston I recommend taking the commuter rail into Foxboro. I did that a couple of times and it made getting sloshed and watching Doug Flutie kicking a drop kick extra point just a bit better.

I live like 3 car hours from real Italy and I don't like seafood, while my fast food options in Germany are really limited ;-)

Where are you staying?

Allston, like 5 walking minutes from Harvard Stadium

if the cards beat the eagles i'll give them props and say they are going to be a factor in the playoff race. i honestly don't think that's going to happen. you can say i'm biased because i want them to lose (division opponent) but i just don't see them beating the eagles. i see the eagles getting points early and putting pressure on the cards offense, which is obviously pretty bad.

the cards put up 20 points on arizona, but really the defense/special teams set them up for that. i don't see them getting a block punt recovered at the 2. i don't see them containing mike vick and i don't see them stopping the eagles offense. when their defense can't stop the eagles enough, the offense will press and the turnovers will come rolling in for kolb.

now if the eagles turn the ball over 5 times again then all bets are off

jakncoke

Banned
if the cards beat the eagles i'll give them props and say they are going to be a factor in the playoff race. i honestly don't think that's going to happen. you can say i'm biased because i want them to lose (division opponent) but i just don't see them beating the eagles. i see the eagles getting points early and putting pressure on the cards offense, which is obviously pretty bad.

the cards put up 20 points on arizona, but really the defense/special teams set them up for that. i don't see them getting a block punt recovered at the 2. i don't see them containing mike vick and i don't see them stopping the eagles offense. when their defense can't stop the eagles enough, the offense will press and the turnovers will come rolling in for kolb.

now if the eagles turn the ball over 5 times again then all bets are off

What if they just beat them because Eagles suck the shit off your chest and are really really lucky to be 2-0 and are non factors themselves already but just dont know it yet, so a Cards win proved nothing

Who hypes up Miller Lite??

sconis

What if they just beat them because Eagles suck the shit off your chest and are really really lucky to be 2-0 and are non factors themselves already but just dont know it yet, so a Cards win proved nothing

sconis

eventually you are what you are. you can make any excuse you want but if the cards go 3-0 then they have to be respected. everyone is sucking the texans dick even though they've only beaten 2 of the worst teams in the league so i dont see why the cards shouldn't get some respect if they have won 3 games

eventually you are what you are. you can make any excuse you want but if the cards go 3-0 then they have to be respected. everyone is sucking the texans dick even though they've only beaten 2 of the worst teams in the league so i dont see why the cards shouldn't get some respect if they have won 3 games

Broncos 2009.

Went 6-0, managed to miss the playoffs. Sometimes a team is a fraud that managed to win a couple of fluke close games.

Dragon

Banned

The Cards are an awful offensive team but it really doesn't matter if they continue to win games.

They beat the Pats on the road, even if the Pats played one of the worst games I've seen them play since Hugh Millen was their QB. (That and the Browns game a few years back).

i'm not disagreeing with that but if they are 3-0 they deserve some respect.

Fair enough.

For the record I respect their defense, but not their head coach, o-line, Running backs, QB, or even Fitz (because he has noone to throw to him)

We've seen time in and out that just a defense can only carry you so far. Sometimes that's to the Super Bowl, but you need somebody on offense to show something and the Cards don't have that.

You also need the reverse, lest Ez beat me over the head with more "QB is all that matters" rhetoric.

Anything from North Coast Brewing or Ommergang is excellent.
Great Divide is pretty good too.

You could probably get a more region-specific answer if you ask in the Beer thread.

Godslay

Banned
Miller Lite is overhyped and owned by a Belgian company!!!

Wrong. Miller Brewing is UK owned. High Life is better than Miller Lite, and is a pretty good cheap beer imo.

Broncos 2009.

Went 6-0, managed to miss the playoffs. Sometimes a team is a fraud that managed to win a couple of fluke close games.

Don't forget just last year Buffalo started 5-0, and Chargers 4-1. Hot starts don't always translate.

As far as beers for Milchjon, the top three that I usually buy are New Belgium, Bells, and Summit.

I typically buy pilsners, but any thing from those three companies is usually pretty good stuff.

Nori Chan

Wrong. Miller Brewing is UK owned. High Life is better than Miller Lite, and is a pretty good cheap beer imo.

Don't forget just last year Buffalo started 5-0, and Chargers 4-1. Hot starts don't always translate.

As far as beers for Milchjon, the top three that I usually buy are New Belgium, Bells, and Summit.

I typically buy pilsners, but any thing from those three companies is usually pretty good stuff.
yeah but 6-0 was the worst you have to admit

Fox318

hn9fU.jpg

Godslay

Banned
yeah but 6-0 was the worst you have to admit

No 18-0 start is worse.

The 6-0 year was a weird one. Some people knew we were Superbowl bound, while others where much more cautious. I'm not going to lie and say I wasn't pumped, but I wasn't completely sold on Orton at the time.

Nori Chan

No 18-0 start is worse.

The 6-0 year was a weird one. Some people knew we were Superbowl bound, while others where much more cautious. I'm not going to lie and say I wasn't pumped, but I wasn't completely sold on Orton at the time.

I meant without making the playoffs yo

Godslay

Banned
I meant without making the playoffs yo

Sure that year was bad.

If you put it into perspective though, going to the Superbowl and getting blown out three times is much worse as a kid than missing the playoffs after a hot start. Then again, those bad losses seem insignificant when you win Superbowls.

This is the beer I'm drinking:

w4nW4.jpg

Really light flavor. It's kinda like Zima if you've had that.

Hello Wino, how are you this evening?

No 18-0 start is worse.

Yeah. Thats the team where I started the "The Denver Broncos are the worst _-0 team I've ever seen" meme. And I was right. Every year I pick a new team for the meme and it's always right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom