• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I remember the 6-0 start like it was almost yesterday. What a downfall that was.

That Pats game was pretty glorious though.

So many fistpumps

And beer discussion. I bought a bunch of the following today. Absolutely love this stuff:

innis_amp_gunn.jpg

filler

Banned
Anybody seen a gif of Matt Shaugnessy doing the Gangnam Style dance, after sacking Tannehill? I saw it happen during the game, but can't find and video of it.

squicken

As I went looking for that play I really noticed that Jake Long is either hurt or has slipped b/c he's struggled his first two games

squicken

might just want to link that GIF. It's 11MB

Milchjon glad you had a good time and didn't get your kidneys stolen or hunted for sport. ActStriker's good people

Cagey

Banned
Got an email about 40 minutes regarding TWC and NFL Network / RedZone. NFL Network is included at no extra charge with digital TV. RedZone requires the Sports Pass package ($5.95/month) which thankfully I already subscribe too.

Details here: http://www.timewarnercable.com/Corporate/learn/programming/sports/nfl_redzone.html

Sports Pass includes NHL Network and a couple ESPN Red Zone knockoffs for college football and basketball. Red Zone makes the pricetag worth it alone during the football season; the NHL Network is a sweet bonus during the hockey season
hahaha... ha... now i'm sad

For a neutral? Probably Rams vs Bears.
Niners vs Vikings could be over after a few drives
Late game easily Cards and Eagles

i rarely feel 100% confident going into a game just because any team can beat any other team in this league. it makes me especially nervous when people are saying we're just going to blow the vikings out. pro players hear they're going to get their shit pushed in and sometimes react with really strong games.

i'm worried about the vikes AND jets game. looks like we will be staying in youngstown, OH again this year after the vikes game (like we did last year between the cincy/phi game)

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yeah. Thats the team where I started the "The Denver Broncos are the worst _-0 team I've ever seen" meme. And I was right. Every year I pick a new team for the meme and it's always right.

huh? I don't think anybody "started" that. Besides last year everyone was saying that about the pats. They made it to the superbowl.

i rarely feel 100% confident going into a game just because any team can beat any other team in this league. it makes me especially nervous when people are saying we're just going to blow the vikings out. pro players hear they're going to get their shit pushed in and sometimes react with really strong games.

i'm worried about the vikes AND jets game. looks like we will be staying in youngstown, OH again this year after the vikes game (like we did last year between the cincy/phi game)
Well it is the NFL so anybody can beat anybody (except the browns) so that's fair enough but the Niners are raging favourites.

I bet Kluwe is lurking GAF right now looking for the motivation from our shit talking. Well Kluwe you and the Vikings are shit and won't amount to anything!!! You hear me!!! 1-15 season for the Vikings and you will be rolling around in the CFL next year.

squicken

I thought the run last year was a joke and fluky. But the defense is looking good. I just think it's a weird mix of luck and bad opponents that have got them on their current streak, but if they handle the Eagles, it's probably time to take them serious

I thought the run last year was a joke and fluky. But the defense is looking good. I just think it's a weird mix of luck and bad opponents that have got them on their current streak, but if they handle the Eagles, it's probably time to take them serious
Yeh just ignore that fools post, we are 9-2 in our last 11 games with a good defence and an O that has to focus on not turning the ball over.
All Cards fans are happy with the progress we are making but how well we are playing isn't a shock to people who watched us the last 7-8 games last year (probably no one)

Trey

The Buffalo Bills did not go 5-0 last season. I do not think the Bills have gone five and oh for a good ass while. Nineties, easily, if that.

Edit: Someone had actually corrected that. Here? Wow.

Kiryu

Eagles or Cardinals will have one of the worse and luckiest game of the week. It would like... Eagles wins 20-17 but if Kolb skipped the game for his wife for their birth of their new baby named "Skelton Kolb" then Eagles will go 20-9.

They're both team that don't ever deserve 2-0 record...

if the cards beat the eagles i'll give them props and say they are going to be a factor in the playoff race. i honestly don't think that's going to happen. you can say i'm biased because i want them to lose (division opponent) but i just don't see them beating the eagles. i see the eagles getting points early and putting pressure on the cards offense, which is obviously pretty bad.

the cards put up 20 points on arizona, but really the defense/special teams set them up for that. i don't see them getting a block punt recovered at the 2. i don't see them containing mike vick and i don't see them stopping the eagles offense. when their defense can't stop the eagles enough, the offense will press and the turnovers will come rolling in for kolb.

now if the eagles turn the ball over 5 times again then all bets are off
Have you not seen how soft their OL is and that they are missing starters there? That Maclin is out? That Vick is a turn over machine right now? We have a top defense to capitalize on that and it's in our house where we rarely lose and it will be rough on their practice squad center with all the noise us fans will be making. Also, did you not see us contain Vick last year in Philly? You have to be a Philly fan hopeful or straight up Card hater to suggest Cards aren't the more likely to win this. I guess you are probably the latter though.

ari

Banned
Planned on a thread but whatever. My cousin bought a family private cementary by way of tax lien and is planning to build on the land.

Yea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom