• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while back I posted that I was not big on Cam Newton and I thought it was a grave error on the Panther's organization to draft him. I would have drafted a defensive player (their defense remains putrid) and I would have waited on Andrew Luck instead. I was raked over the coals. Cam Newton is exactly who I said he was: a turnover prone, immature, sulking athlete that will never be a top tier QB in the NFL. I don't care what his stats were in his rookie season because the guy is an entitled baby.

K-19

Banned
So, you'll be a Cowboys/Texans fan next?

No, I will be a real cowboy with guns, eating at enormous steak and others fry stuff, voting for republicans dudes and complainning about how the Federal Government is limiting my liberties that are provided by all the amendments stuff. I am picturing my ranch ... so awesome.

jakncoke

Banned
No, I will be a real cowboy with guns, eating at enormous steak and others fry stuff, voting for republicans dudes and complainning about how the Federal Government is limiting my liberties that are provided by all the amendments stuff. I am picturing my ranch ... so awesome.

you're a french, you could never be a real cowboy or american

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
A while back I posted that I was not big on Cam Newton and I thought it was a grave error on the Panther's organization to draft him. I would have drafted a defensive player (their defense remains putrid) and I would have waited on Andrew Luck instead. I was raked over the coals. Cam Newton is exactly who I said he was: a turnover prone, immature, sulking athlete that will never be a top tier QB in the NFL. I don't care what his stats were in his rookie season because the guy is an entitled baby.
Man sounds like VY all over again. Was it ez that said that the other day?

ibrKJgIN7K5Xp6.gif

LOL this is awesome

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Did you wait a whole year to type this post?

Secondly, Thursday night football should not be indicative of anything. Short week is awful for both teams.

bionic77

Did you wait a whole year to type this post?

Secondly, Thursday night football should not be indicative of anything. Short week is awful for both teams.
Every team is the worst in the league after a loss.

I wouldn't know about that though because my team is on top of the division and on a huge winning streak!

Could care a less. We go against Lynch and Gore twice a year, not like we aren't used to elite runners. Please tell me how you have any confidence in winning when you barely squeaked a victory over the Browns, are missing your starting LT, C, and WR and your QB was turning the ball over like crazy WITH those guys. Our Defense is going to eat Vick and co alive. Shady won't save you. Cards are taking this game.

The Cards have the worst offense in the NFL. 30 in passing and 28th in rushing. That horrible horrible offense is going to get destroyed by the Eagles D. The Eagles could punt on 1st down all game and still win. The Ravens couldnt move the ball on the Eagles D and they have a really good offense, I dont see how you can think the Cards will.

Slo

So apparently people on both coasts are constantly having freestyle shit battles. This is why middle America keeps voting red.

JABEE

Has anyone read this? The Eagles almost got Larry Fitzgerald for a 1st and a 3rd in 2008.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/21/fitzgerald-nearly-became-an-eagle-in-2008/

How do you think that would have changed the 2008 season, when the Eagles were one TD away from beating the Cards in the NFC Championship game. Fitz had over 150 yards receiving. The Eagles would have had Jackson and Fitzgerald on the same team. Where would McNabb be right now?

Edit: They may not have drafted Jackson that year considering they traded out of the first round. So the Eagles drafted someone who's not in the league with the third and traded out of the first. That trade would've been great.

MechDX

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page...texas-qbs-keeps-growing-adam-schefter-10-spot

6. What might have been: Peyton Manning is in Denver, and this week, so are the Texans. But it still is intriguing to think about what would have happened had the Texans decided to make a run at Manning rather than stay committed to Matt Schaub, whom Houston signed to a contract extension on the eve of the season.

People who know Manning remain convinced he would have been interested in the Texans had the interest been mutual. Some believe that if Houston wanted in, the Texans would have been the favorite to land Manning. They had a loaded roster, played in a division (AFC South) Manning already knew well, and had a strong organization. But Houston never wavered. Now the Texans will get an up-close look at the quarterback they passed on in a potential AFC Championship Game preview.

I am now glad we didnt after seeing him on Monday night. I talked about this earlier in the thread on Monday night and was told it was ludicris.

ari

Banned
Jesus, people sure do have meltdowns after they get a L.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Haha, nope. The burrito really wasn't all that big.

Still scared about tomorrow. I also hate BB's injury reports, half the team is questionable again...

You're doing Chipotle wrong.

Get a steak bowl with guacamole and then scoop it out with their awesome chips.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Cam Newton will be fine, don't let the trolls get to you.

The Panthers don't really have an offensive line and their defense is suspect. He's still young and can change his attitude.

Also, it's week 3. Relax.

effzee

Again what is with these reactions after each and every game? I expect this from ESPN and the sports media at large, but not from you guys.

Cam might never be elite but for a rookie he had a hell of a season. And he is 23 and only in his 2nd season. I'd say he has plenty of time in the future and even in this season to improve and prove people wrong. One bad game and all of a sudden everyone who thought he shouldn't go #1 is validated. What happens if Luck has a terrible game this Sunday? Should th Colts not have drafted him?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page...texas-qbs-keeps-growing-adam-schefter-10-spot

I am now glad we didnt after seeing him on Monday night. I talked about this earlier in the thread on Monday night and was told it was ludicris.

Speaking of overreactions after a game...

Has anyone read this? The Eagles almost got Larry Fitzgerald for a 1st and a 3rd in 2008.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/21/fitzgerald-nearly-became-an-eagle-in-2008/

How do you think that would have changed the 2008 season, when the Eagles were one TD away from beating the Cards in the NFC Championship game. Fitz had over 150 yards receiving. The Eagles would have had Jackson and Fitzgerald on the same team. Where would McNabb be right now?

Edit: They may not have drafted Jackson that year considering they traded out of the first round. So the Eagles drafted someone who's not in the league with the third and traded out of the first. That trade would've been great.

I was just coming to post this. It still bothers me. To think we could have had Fitz with that offense and at that time? Now a lot of things would have played out differently but we definitely would have been a much better team overall.

We could have still drafted DJAX but knowing the team, they would have preferred to draft Trevor Laws. He was their first pick in that draft (first of their 2 second round picks). He was just cut this off season. What a waste of a pick.

I never got over that too. So they missed on Moss and couldn't trade for Fitz. They still drafted Laws first and then DJAX. Quite possibly they could have missed DJAX too and would have been left with no WR...starters would have been Kevin Curtis and Baskett.

And I think the following year when we selected Maclin, there was a trade available for Boldin. Now I love Maclin and he is a better more complete WR than Jackson, but both of them are undersized speedy injury prone WRs. I would love one of them and then be complimented with a player like Boldin, who thrived opposite of Fitz, and would have in Philly too. Pass happy offense with defenses keying in on DJAX and or Maclin for deep threats.

McNabb probably would have lasted another season or two on the team as well. Him and Fitz would have been great together. Possibly TO and McNabb great without the headaches. Then again the FO was dying to ship him out and validate their Kolb pick so who knows...

effzee

Have you not seen how soft their OL is and that they are missing starters there? That Maclin is out? That Vick is a turn over machine right now? We have a top defense to capitalize on that and it's in our house where we rarely lose and it will be rough on their practice squad center with all the noise us fans will be making. Also, did you not see us contain Vick last year in Philly? You have to be a Philly fan hopeful or straight up Card hater to suggest Cards aren't the more likely to win this. I guess you are probably the latter though.

OL was soft with starters in. It was soft last year and the year before.

To that I will say all that matters is how Reid calls the game and how smart Vick plays. If he avoids some of the stupid hits he takes by just taking the sack or throwing the ball away I won't be too worried. Similarly if Reid remembers he has an all pro RB in the backfield and continues to feed him the ball from the start I won't worry too much about the OLINE. That said both of those things are highly unlikely. Even then I think our offense can put up 14-20 points on your D, not because the D is bad but because I think we will get enough cracks on offense (more possessions).

Vick was a turnover machine in game 1. Against the Ravens he actually played quite well. He threw one terrible pick. The 2nd INT went through Celek's hands and into Reeds lap. The other 2 turnovers were fumbles by the RBs and not on Vick. So Vick still needs to cut down on the INTs but he isn't a turnover machine based on week 2. And that was against the pretty good Ravens D. He also almost three for 400 yards against them and had 2 TDs. Cards D is also good but I am not scared about what he can't do, but just the turnovers. And a lot of those for the Eagles have been unforced errors.

Ravens have a better O and they couldn't do much against the Eagles in the 2nd half when the Eagles made adjustments on D and stopped turning the ball over in the redzone.

Now we are playing in Arizona but I like some of our guys on turf. McCoy, Vick, and DJAX are even faster there. Prediction: Eagles 21 Cards 13

Also any updated on Kolb and whether he will play or not depending on his baby?

squicken

Cam Newton will be fine, don't let the trolls get to you.

The Panthers don't really have an offensive line and their defense is suspect. He's still young and can change his attitude.

Also, it's week 3. Relax.

They have one of the best lines in the league. As far as all the Cam stuff, while it's silly to use one game as a barometer for his whole career, it's not dumb to go back and look at what he's actually done and see if maybe his press is better than his production.

Godslay

Banned
Even with the inevitable coming out party for the Texans tomorrow at the sake of Manning's expense, Rod Smith is being inducted into Denver's ring of fame. Should be a good day for that at least.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
They have one of the best lines in the league. As far as all the Cam stuff, while it's silly to use one game as a barometer for his whole career, it's not dumb to go back and look at what he's actually done and see if maybe his press is better than his production.

I don't know man, that line has whiffed on protection a lot. Either they're horrible/regressed/having an off year or Cam Newton isn't making the proper adjustments OR the offensive line want Matt Barkley and are trying to get Newton killed.

MechDX

Even with the inevitable coming out party for the Texans tomorrow at the sake of Manning's expense, Rod Smith is being inducted into Denver's ring of fame. Should be a good day for that at least.

Honestly the game still worries me but my confidence is higher today than it was a week ago.

Hunter S.

Do not get too cocky now your team beat the phins and Jags. It is like screaming your the best when you beat up a crippled boy like Timmy with forearm crutches. Falcons really blew except when Manning breifly made them look good. In Denver, the throng will blow away the simple Texans.

MechDX

Do not get too cocky now your team beat the phins and Jags. It is like screaming your the best when you beat up a crippled boy like Timmy with forearm crutches. Falcons really blew except when Manning breifly made them look good. In Denver, the throng will blow away the simple Texans.

I posted to link just to validate what I said Monday that Houston was Mannings first choice but the Texans wanted no part of it. If it happened then I would have been ecstatic but hindsight is 20/20. This point in time it is a different story.

Godslay

Banned
Honestly the game still worries me but my confidence is higher today than it was a week ago.

Good for you. Going at this rate your confidence should be a mile high by tomorrow.

I posted to link just to validate what I said Monday that Houston was Mannings first choice but the Texans wanted no part of it. If it happened then I would have been ecstatic but hindsight is 20/20. This point in time it is a different story.

I'll take Archie's word over an unverified source.

Hunter S.

Okay, but I do seem recall the Texans barely could handle Miami for the first half, as they are my 2nd team. I am just saying the cooshy schedule makes a lot of teams appear better than they are. I put fourth that the only proven 2-0 teams are the 49ers and Falcons. The rest of them have had easy schedules. Get ready to be tested is all I am saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom