• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
What was Archie's word?

There was a reason why he went to Denver first, his relationship with 'Foxy', and friendship with Elway were determining factors. In addition to Denver being a football city.

Archie went through his whole process in detail on 104.3 the fan, and mentions the other teams but never mentions Houston as a spot Peyton even considered.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Okay, but I do seem recall the Texans barely could handle Miami for the first half, as they are my 2nd team. I am just saying the cooshy schedule makes a lot of teams appear better than they are. I put fourth that the only proven 2-0 teams are the 49ers and Falcons. The rest of them have had easy schedules. Get ready to be tested is all I am saying.
Well, then clearly you weren't paying attention, cause the texans dominated the second quarter against Miami.

You can say they are unproven because of their schedule, but this looks like the same team as last year, possibly better.

Who is saying this isn't a test for the texans? I feel like your the wife in Truman show, just talking to no one cause you feel like saying they aren't proven.

There was a reason why he went to Denver first, his relationship with 'Foxy', and friendship with Elway were determining factors. In addition to Denver being a football city.

Archie went through his whole process in detail on 104.3 the fan, and mentions the other teams but never mentions Houston as a spot Peyton even considered.
That's what I thought, I never bought into the whole manning to Houston thing.

MechDX

Okay, but I do seem recall the Texans barely could handle Miami for the first half, as they are my 2nd team. I am just saying the cooshy schedule makes a lot of teams appear better than they are. I put fourth that the only proven 2-0 teams are the 49ers and Falcons. The rest of them have had easy schedules. Get ready to be tested is all I am saying.

2nd team? We can do this now?

WOOHOO!! I pick the Niners its a win-win situation.

That's what I thought, I never bought into the whole manning to Houston thing.
You expect his dad to say:" Fuck no he wanted to go to Houston first, Denver was the consolation."? Im sure after Peyton retires somone will write a book or something detailing the entire process and the we will know.

Hunter S.

Well, then clearly you weren't paying attention, cause the texans dominated the second quarter against Miami.

You can say they are unproven because of their schedule, but this looks like the same team as last year, possibly better.

Who is saying this isn't a test for the texans? I feel like your the wife in Truman show, just talking to no one cause you feel like saying they aren't proven.

Obviously you responded so of course I am talking to someone.

I never said they were not good. Yeah, I noticed they got four turnovers in a row and basically lived on that. Four turnovers are great, but without them it was not a spectacular game. The finale score made them look like they played better than they did.

Godslay

Banned

Who gives a shit. You guys are road favorites, so the forces that be think you are a good team. You're team is riding high on power rankings and everyone thinks that your team is the 2nd best team in the NFL. What more do you guys want? You should win, if not, it's a disappointing loss. If you win, it makes them more legit in terms of regular season, but it still doesn't mean jack until you beat someone other than the Bengals in the post-season.

kingslunk

Manning was way to impatient vs the Falcons and I think he had a lot of nerves which is why it took him like the whole first half to recover and start getting into groove in the second half. I think he's going to explode again on the Texans. If there's one team hes confident in beating its them LOL.

You expect his dad to say:" Fuck no he wanted to go to Houston first, Denver was the consolation."? Im sure after Peyton retires somone will write a book or something detailing the entire process and the we will know.

Welcome brother!

Godslay

Banned

Until your sources are verified, Archie's word is the best source we have. You understand how that works right?

MechDX

Who gives a shit. You guys are road favorites, so the forces that be think you are a good team. You're team is riding high on power rankings and everyone thinks that your team is the 2nd best team in the NFL. What more do you guys want? You should win, if not, it's a disappointing loss. If you win, it makes them more legit in terms of regular season, but it still doesn't mean jack until you beat someone other than the Bengals in the post-season.

Dude what has gotten into you? When its all said and done we are AFC brethren and its mandatory we all unite to hate on the Patriots. I think the game will be one of the best of the weekend and could EASILY go in either direction.

While captive says its just one game I dont feel the same. After this one we face:

Titans(lol)
@Jets on MNF- scares me because we always fail against the Jets
Packers on SNF- first ever SNF game but it is at home
Ravens- Defining game. We have never beaten the Ravens ever

IMO, we need this game

MechDX

Welcome brother!

560282.jpg

<3 <3 <3
We all know who the dominant one is in that relationship

squicken

I don't know man, that line has whiffed on protection a lot. Either they're horrible/regressed/having an off year or Cam Newton isn't making the proper adjustments OR the offensive line want Matt Barkley and are trying to get Newton killed.

They have a good line. The Giants just have an amazing defensive line. I wouldn't think Cam calls all his own protections yet, but who knows? I was listening to Yahoo's Football podcast and Cosell was wondering if maybe all the scheming was stunting his development as a passer. Non-running QBs are constantly practicing their drop backs and deliveries with the expectation of throwing from the pocket every time they do it.

Maybe CAR has too many variations on what they do that isn't letting Cam get the reps he needs, so that when he has to drop back and pass, his bad technique causes the accuracy and timing issues? Or, the coaches worry about giving him that kind of offense and are tailoring one to his skills. Either way, he looked bad when dropping back and throwing on Thursday. I didn't watch most of their games last year or the first two games this year to know if that is a common problem for him

Talon

They have one of the best lines in the league. As far as all the Cam stuff, while it's silly to use one game as a barometer for his whole career, it's not dumb to go back and look at what he's actually done and see if maybe his press is better than his production.
Yeah that's no longer true. Gross and Kalil may be individual talents (read: names), but that right side has been overwhelmed the two times I saw them.

Hurts that Otah ate himself out of the league.

Godslay

Banned
Dude what has gotten into you? When its all said and done we are AFC brethren and its mandatory we all unite to hate on the Patriots. I think the game will be one of the best of the weekend and could EASILY go in either direction.

While captive says its just one game I dont feel the same. After this one we face:

Titans(lol)
@Jets on MNF- scares me because we always fail against the Jets
Packers on SNF- first ever SNF game but it is at home
Ravens- Defining game. We have never beaten the Ravens ever

IMO, we need this game

I've had this game penciled in as a loss. The way I look at it is if we can make it to the bye 3-3 we are okay. This first spat of 6 games is a tough. I think we lose to the ATL, HOU, and NE. We beat Oakland, and SD to sneak into 3-3 at the bye. I don't think it really says much about us as a team at the moment if we get to 3-3, or if we lose to these teams right now. I just want to see progress, and us beating the teams we should beat.

I know you guys place a great deal upon beating Manning. The reason I think it will be a hollow victory assuming you win, is that Manning is still new to this team, and is still recovering to some degree. The offense is still coalescing, as well as the defense under Del Rio.

It's too early in my opinion to hang your hat on a win over the Broncos, and Manning. Ravens sure, but we are not there yet.

Even with that said, it's still any give Sunday, so anything can happen.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
They have a good line. The Giants just have an amazing defensive line. I wouldn't think Cam calls all his own protections yet, but who knows? I was listening to Yahoo's Football podcast and Cosell was wondering if maybe all the scheming was stunting his development as a passer. Non-running QBs are constantly practicing their drop backs and deliveries with the expectation of throwing from the pocket every time they do it.

Maybe CAR has too many variations on what they do that isn't letting Cam get the reps he needs, so that when he has to drop back and pass, his bad technique causes the accuracy and timing issues? Or, the coaches worry about giving him that kind of offense and are tailoring one to his skills. Either way, he looked bad when dropping back and throwing on Thursday. I didn't watch most of their games last year or the first two games this year to know if that is a common problem for him

I concur with that assessment. Carolina should make him a qb first and a runner second. Throw all that read option shit in the trash and work on making Cam a quarterback. In the pocket, his mechanics are off, he doesn't recognize blitzes and his pocket awareness is iffy at best.

captive

I know you guys place a great deal upon beating Manning. The reason I think it will be a hollow victory assuming you win, is that Manning is still new to this team, and is still recovering to some degree. The offense is still coalescing, as well as the defense under Del Rio.

It's too early in my opinion to hang your hat on a win over the Broncos, and Manning. Ravens sure, but we are not there yet.

Even with that said, it's still any give Sunday, so anything can happen.
I agree with this. This is why this game isn't a big deal to me. If the texans beat manning and he plays like ass, big deal he's coming off an injury. I think the texans can lose mostly becuase Denver's d is pretty good.

squicken

I concur with that assessment. Carolina should make him a qb first and a runner second. Throw all that read option shit in the trash and work on making Cam a quarterback. In the pocket, his mechanics are off, he doesn't recognize blitzes and his pocket awareness is iffy at best.

I thought it made sense when I heard it as well. While it makes the transition to the pros easier when the offense is tailored to what he did in college, it sort of delays the inevitable. I don't think you can avoid the rookie growing pains. They have to sit back there and figure out how to do it

Of course it's crazy not to use his skills as a guy who can move, but he needs to be a scrambler, not a runner. No more jumping over the pile from the 3 and getting blasted by LBs

Godslay

Banned
After 10 years of mostly mediocreness, yes every game is a must win and most important in franchise history. lol

Division games, and home games are the most important to win imo. The main idea is to win your division and guarantee a trip to the playoffs.

I don't hope to win every game, every year because I know it won't happen. It's just to win the division and get into the tournament so to speak. Once you get there you just have to hope that everyone who has an impact is healthy, and they can play well or get a hot hand.

Godslay

Banned
I agree with this. This is why this game isn't a big deal to me. If the texans beat manning and he plays like ass, big deal he's coming off an injury. I think the texans can lose mostly becuase Denver's d is pretty good.

I think the recipe for success, and something we haven't been able to do yet is get a lead and unleash the pass rush. The problem though is building a lead. I understand that the Texans have only played the Fins and Jags, but they have been smothering.

The other problem I see is that the Texans oline is very cohesive, and from what I've read they have been running the ZBS to perfection. Our defense has been excellent at stuffing the run, but we have yet to see playmakers like Foster and Tate. It's going to be interesting game for sure.

If Kubes wins good for him, I've got nothing but love for that guy. Same for Phillips and Dennison, they all helped Denver in one capacity or another.

Doomsayer

i saw this vid yesterday. how is it fair that the 2 best MLB's in the league are on the same team? how is it fair!

p.s.

pay bowman baalke! pay him..... and fuck it pay goldson too!

Bowman is essential to this team. We are definitely going to pay him.

I love Goldson, but he is going to be asking for an insane amount. #paydaman

bionic77

They're easy to blame and no one seems to understand how/what they do. It's ridiculous, everyone knows the Steelers have the worst o-line.
We have had too many line injuries. There were times our line was decent when they had some continuity. But every team is fucked once you get 2-3 guys on the line hurt.

effzee

Pulled off a trade in Chuckd's league.

I get Jennings and other guy gets Ridley. I already have Murray and Rice and needed help at WR.

Which one of you is Frenchies here?

jakncoke

Banned
HOLY FUCKING SHIT ATTACK OF THE BEES. LIKE 10 ALIVE IN MY APT CRAWLING ON MY WINDOW. LIKE 20 DEAD ON THE FLOOR. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

captive

HOLY FUCKING SHIT ATTACK OF THE BEES. LIKE 10 ALIVE IN MY APT CRAWLING ON MY WINDOW. LIKE 20 DEAD ON THE FLOOR. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

like omg bees are attacking, what should i do, what should i do? POST ON GAF!

also, what are you going to do? release the hounds? release the bees? release the hounds that when they bark they shoot bees at you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom