• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be going to the Browns game tomorrow.

You have options.

759933-noose_lg_716525_large.jpg

ari

Banned
Law and order:SVU is one of my top 10 shows. Easily one of the most underrated shows of all time. Love these marathons USA air.

Law and order:SVU is one of my top 10 shows. Easily one of the most underrated shows of all time. Love these marathons USA air.
I have to agree with this comment, I may have an unhealthy obsession with this show considering I have 12 seasons on DVD and can tell you the plot by seeing the name of the episode. Bring back Stabler though :(

The Cards have the worst offense in the NFL. 30 in passing and 28th in rushing. That horrible horrible offense is going to get destroyed by the Eagles D. The Eagles could punt on 1st down all game and still win. The Ravens couldnt move the ball on the Eagles D and they have a really good offense, I dont see how you can think the Cards will.
Oh really? Funny how we still dropped 20 on Seattle, another top defense. You can say Eagles have a better D, whatever, but the fact is that Seattle is still one of the top defenses in the league so with an offense like ours, we shouldn't have been able to score that much, right? Having a great defense gives your offense good opportunities. As long as Kolb secures the ball as he did last week, it won't be an issue. Our defense will destroy your O as well if Vick plays as he has thus far. You won't squeak by with a one point victory over us if you turn the ball over. Since when do the Ravens have a great offense? hahaha No one has EVER said that. Rice is a stud and Flacco a dud. They are known for their defense but you keep telling yourself that to feel good about this Sunday. I'm telling you right now, you play like you have the last to weeks this sunday, you'll get slaughtered. You better hope Vick has a complete turn around. With your patched OL and our D, your chances aren't great.
OL was soft with starters in. It was soft last year and the year before.

To that I will say all that matters is how Reid calls the game and how smart Vick plays. If he avoids some of the stupid hits he takes by just taking the sack or throwing the ball away I won't be too worried. Similarly if Reid remembers he has an all pro RB in the backfield and continues to feed him the ball from the start I won't worry too much about the OLINE. That said both of those things are highly unlikely. Even then I think our offense can put up 14-20 points on your D, not because the D is bad but because I think we will get enough cracks on offense (more possessions).

Vick was a turnover machine in game 1. Against the Ravens he actually played quite well. He threw one terrible pick. The 2nd INT went through Celek's hands and into Reeds lap. The other 2 turnovers were fumbles by the RBs and not on Vick. So Vick still needs to cut down on the INTs but he isn't a turnover machine based on week 2. And that was against the pretty good Ravens D. He also almost three for 400 yards against them and had 2 TDs. Cards D is also good but I am not scared about what he can't do, but just the turnovers. And a lot of those for the Eagles have been unforced errors.

Ravens have a better O and they couldn't do much against the Eagles in the 2nd half when the Eagles made adjustments on D and stopped turning the ball over in the redzone.

Now we are playing in Arizona but I like some of our guys on turf. McCoy, Vick, and DJAX are even faster there. Prediction: Eagles 21 Cards 13

Also any updated on Kolb and whether he will play or not depending on his baby?
I agree with your assessment on what needs to be done for the Eagles to win. If Vick can take care of the ball and McCoy gets many carries, you're a much better team for it. There's nothing to support that however as Vick has turned the ball over multiple times both weeks and McCoy is always grossly underutilized. It just sounds like wishful thinking but I don't blame you guys, I'd say the same thing if I were an Eagles fan. Everyone seems to forget we played you guys last year and we contained Vick quite well in Philly. I've never said we are guarantee winning this game, it's a big one and will be tough but everything points to the Cards having the advantage. You'll have to forgive me for not fearing the Eagles offense when we just took one in NE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom