• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

MattDoza

Just look at this non-first down..

firstdown.gif

Bullshitty bullshit shit shit bullshit.

How come this doesn't loop?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Wow, Broncos fans. I hope none of the players get hurt and wish no ill will on their families.

Hope we curb stomp your "Black Hole" back down to the abyss were Zombie Davis lies with Jamarcus "Theoretical Mass" Russel

Greg

Just look at this non-first down..
It was too loud where I was watching the game. What was the general consensus on the (Greg) Jennings TD play? It was obvious it wasn't a TD from the replays I saw, but I thought for sure he had the first down when his foot went out.

It was too loud where I was watching the game. What was the general consensus on the (Greg) Jennings TD play? It was obvious it wasn't a TD from the replays I saw, but I thought for sure he had the first down when his foot went out.
Definitely out/short.

Godslay

Banned
Wow, GraveRobberX. I hope none of the players get hurt and wish no ill will on their families.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Fixed that for your.

Here's my response:

I'll just say Denver better win this fucking game. Raiders have had our number in our own stadium for the last 4 years irc. If they can't beat the Raiders this year at home, this is going to be a rough season.

Hope we curb stomp your "Black Hole" back down to the abyss were Zombie Davis lies with Jamarcus "Theoretical Mass" Russel

Don't build us up too much bad karma. I know you just got back, but we don't have to go this hard.

jbug617

Banned
THURSDAY SEPT 27
CLE @ BAL

SUN SEPT 30
SD @ KC
SF @ NYJ
SEA @ STL
CAR @ ATL
MIN @ DET
NE @ BUF
TEN @ HOU

CIN @ JAC
MIA @ ARI
OAK @ DEN
WAS @ TB
NO @ GB

NY @ PHI

MONDAY OCT 1
CHI @ DAL

KingKong

There really is no reason to have referees on the field beyond placing the ball and relaying the call information. It can be done much more accurately, reliably and faster by a few people watching the game from the booth

There really is no reason to have referees on the field beyond placing the ball and relaying the call information. It can be done much more accurately, reliably and faster by a few people watching the game from the booth

Refs actually prevent a lot of injuries on the field. I don't know how you would stop a play from a booth.

Pimpwerx

Anyone else notice a fetish the replacement refs have for adjusting the game clock? I was at the Dolphins game, and 3 or 4 times the refs paused after a call to tell the time keeper to add 1 or 2 seconds back on the game clock. I never saw the refs do this more than once or twice a game in the past, and only for really bad mixups with the clock. My dad and I were laughing each time they did it, because 1 or 2 seconds is pretty much meaningless, unless it's near the end of a half. They were doing this in the 1st and 3rd quarters. Kinda weird. PEACE.

KingKong

Refs actually prevent a lot of injuries on the field. I don't know how you would stop a play from a booth.

They can still be there to break up fights, but relying on a person standing on the sideline to judge plays that happen in a blink of an eye at various distances and angles makes no sense

bionic77

That is technically an illegal hit under the new rules but the scabs don't give a fuck about player safety and almost never call it. Hell they didn't even throw a flag when that retard Mundy killed DHB. Old refs would have seen he was dead and thrown a flag whether or not it was an illegal hit.

Pimpwerx

Penalties and timeouts come to mind. Some penalties need someone close to notice, such as illegal use of hands, and holding. Any competent no-huddle offense would make booth officiating extremely difficult, as you can set and snap before the call is relayed down to the field. Timeouts too, as it's very hard to hear players calling timeouts sometimes unless you're on the field. Crowd noise and whatnot.

I don't see a need to remove the human element. It is what it is, and creates jobs and scapegoats. We just need the old refs back, that's all. Tuck rule and a few other misshaps notwithstanding, they were pretty reliable. PEACE.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
52 fucking minutes have passed

Jesus the reach-around in that interview good lord

Larussa was fluffered like no tomorrow

Talon

We need refs on the field to explain rules, calls and dealing with players. This is what the replacement refs have really failed at, partially due to the lack of respect by coaches and players, keeping order on the field. That 2-3 minute delay when Jack Del Rio was being a clown on the field last week. The scrum at the end of the play in last night's game.

Funniest thing about it is that the replacement refs get shit on most of all for taking hours conferring with each other about any little call on the field.. Yet in the biggest call of the game the refs cant even look at each other before they make their calls.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Funniest thing about it is that the replacement refs get shit on most of all for taking hours conferring with each other about any little call on the field.. Yet in the biggest call of the game the refs cant even look at each other before they make their calls.
The one thing I'm really not clear on is why, with the two refs giving two different calls, they didn't stop and explain it on the field at all. Or question why. Huddle up and talk through it.

Bowser

That is technically an illegal hit under the new rules but the scabs don't give a fuck about player safety and almost never call it. Hell they didn't even throw a flag when that retard Mundy killed DHB. Old refs would have seen he was dead and thrown a flag whether or not it was an illegal hit.

How is that hit gifed illegal? Shoulder to chest, looked like a good clean hard hit to me.

Sokantish

I thought you were allowed to lead with your shoulder? What's the new rule?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The one thing I'm really not clear on is why, with the two refs giving two different calls, they didn't stop and explain it on the field at all. Or question why. Huddle up and talk through it.

Everyone everywhere has worked with a new guy at work who in order to seem more competent than they are, do something without asking thinking that they're hot stuff. Except they screw it up and it would have been way less painless if they had just asked a few questions.

This is kind of like that.

bionic77

I thought you were allowed to lead with your shoulder? What's the new rule?
You are not allowed to go after a defenseless receivers head. Not even with the shoulder.

I think the receiver gets like a step or two to establish himself as a runner too.

As a Steelers fan James Harrison and Ryan Clark have kind of made me an expert in this kind of thing.

Those hits are still ok on a running back. They are not people so we don't give a fuck about their brains.

Top Bottom