• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Can the XFL come back?

ibyxd1tnja0w0K.gif

Vince has already started the campaign.

Rorschach

That is technically an illegal hit under the new rules but the scabs don't give a fuck about player safety and almost never call it. Hell they didn't even throw a flag when that retard Mundy killed DHB. Old refs would have seen he was dead and thrown a flag whether or not it was an illegal hit.

How is it illegal? Shoulder to shoulder is fine. Didn't lead to with his helmet. Didn't hit the other guy's helmet.

Fox318

Texans/Jets MNF game in two weeks will be the 666th MNF game. Tebow will be in that game?

Coincidence?

If Tebow starts I may be forced to root against him.

Its all part of Woody Johnsons plan to have Tebow run for office in 2024.

bionic77

How is it illegal? Shoulder to shoulder is fine. Didn't lead to with his helmet. Didn't hit the other guy's helmet.
I thought he led into his head on the other angle. But I could be wrong and thinking of one of the other times it happened. Both teams were pushing it until DHB almost died, that was the one thing that stopped it.

weekend_warrior said:
Meh. Not the crazy fired up Mike I was hoping for.
Yep. He was more entertaining yesterday.

EDIT: BOOM!

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

NFL suspended Broncos LB Joe Mays for one game for the helmet-to-helmet hit he put on Texans QB Matt Schaub. Mays is appealing suspension.

Was just gonna say Francesa was definitely more annoyed yesterday. Take a shot for every time he said "I'm done."

Mike Garafolo said:
What @SI_PeterKing and @AlbertBreer reported: League and refs are meeting face-to-face today. Was set up at the tail end of yesterday's call

harSon

Banned
I hope Mundy gets suspended too, not because he deserves it, but we'd be better off as a team if it were impossible for him to step foot on the football field. I imagine that all future QBs that the Steelers will face this year will band together and protest his suspension though.

Nevasleep

From a UK betting company's twitter
Paddy Power said:
@paddypower: The NFL maybe flip-flopping around about replacement officials, but we couldn't stand by & watch our punters lose out on last night's call.
Paddy Power said:
@paddypower: We've refunded match & handicap bets on Green Bay Packers after they were robbed of a W in last night's game with Seattle! #JusticePayout
Although they tend to give a lot of refunds/gimmicks for the attention, and to keep everyone happy.

Cagey

Banned
somebody should stream XFL games on sunday in protest.

Say no to the NFL and yes to the XFL.

I was a proud season ticket holder for the New York / New Jersey Hitmen.

The fights in the stands trumped the action on the field, every time.

I thought he was throwing a fist and saying "DARN, HE DIDN'T FUMBLE! GOSH DANG IT!" Giordano almost lost control there!

I'm equally tired of WRs that celebrate first downs like they won the lottery. Antonio Brown loves that shit. Never used to see much of that in the Burgh until San Stonio got there. I didn't see Brown being all animated when his dumb ass threw the ball up for grabs.

Fox318

I was a proud season ticket holder for the New York / New Jersey Hitmen.

The fights in the stands trumped the action on the field, every time.

Did you go for the strippers and methheads that Vince put out there as cheerleaders?

All of this XFL talk made me realize that the UFL was a thing, and a google search revealed that apparently it still is a thing and it's about to enter a fourth ("exciting!") season. Apparently my home state of Virginia has a team and they play Las Vegas tomorrow night at 9. Alrighty then.

EDIT: Oh... and according to the Facebook page of the Virginia Destroyers they are UFL Champions. So why in the world am I still pulling for the Dolphins?

Quikies83

Is there a worse starting QB than Matt Cassel?? I think not. On 3rd and 10 in the 4th - down by 3... He was actually thinking about tossing it back..

02gIH.gif

squicken

They had to suspend Mays. He can claim whatever he likes but he started his rush with the intent to do what he did. Wonder what happens to Mundy. Rooney's got more juice than Bowlen

UFL press release:

Well-known players who have worn the UFL uniform include quarterbacks Jeff Garcia, Josh
McCown, J.P. Losman and Daunte Culpepper, running backs Ahman Green and Dominic Rhodes, kickers
Matt Bryant, Steven Hauschka and Graham Gano and kick returner Clifton Smith.
Okay, I'm out.

If the Denver Broncos don't beat the Raiders this weekend, heads will roll.

Mile High Thugs 4 Life!

THURSDAY SEPT 27
CLE @ BAL

SUN SEPT 30
SD @ KC
SF @ NYJ
SEA @ STL
CAR @ ATL
MIN @ DET
NE @ BUF
TEN @ HOU

CIN @ JAC
MIA @ ARI
OAK @ DEN
WAS @ TB
NO @ GB

NY @ PHI

MONDAY OCT 1
CHI @ DAL

Future Foundation said:
I missed yesterday's, what did he do?
He was just flippin out in his usual Francesa loud voice. It was funny cause you could feel the viens bulging out of his head over the radio.

bionic77

He hit DHB's facemask. That is considered part of the helmet in most cases of contact.

[]http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/DHB-BRUTAL-ILLEGAL-HIT.gif[/IMG]
The truth is that the refs before would look at the result more often then the hit. If you knocked out a player they were definitely going to throw a flag when the the hit was legal or not and that is the way the league wanted it to be to protect the players.

I hope Mundy gets suspended too, not because he deserves it, but we'd be better off as a team if it were impossible for him to step foot on the football field. I imagine that all future QBs that the Steelers will face this year will band together and protest his suspension though.
Mundy really is horrible. It is amazing the dropoff we get once he comes in.

Then again almost all of our defense is horrible. Seems like all of our picks in the draft on the defensive side over the past 5 years have all been strikeouts. I am including Timmons in that as well. Dude got paid as well and he is almost always a nonfactor. I don't even think a bye and Harrison and Troy are going to change much. This is the price you pay when you suck dick in the draft. But these new refs give me hope. They confused us with the Raiders last week but maybe they will gift us a few wins, Seahawks style.

Top Bottom