• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

Wow.

REPLACEMENT-REF-BANANA-PEEL.gif

:lol

Josh Freeman couldnt make that throw.

Rorschach

I thought he led into his head on the other angle. But I could be wrong and thinking of one of the other times it happened. Both teams were pushing it until DHB almost died, that was the one thing that stopped it.
I don't think it was that play. And yeah, the play right before the dhb hit, in fact, it was another helmet to helmet. It should have been the refs to stop it not the fall of a player.

bionic77

I don't think it was that play. And yeah, the play right before the dhb hit, in fact, it was another helmet to helmet. It should have been the refs to stop it not the fall of a player.
Its crazy how many late hits and hits to the head have been going on with the replacement refs.

They don't even try to protect the qb either! Raiders totally rolled into his legs and that should have invoked the Brady rule, but these refs don't give a fuuuuuck.

It is so weird how quickly I have gotten used to the new rules. KOing defenseless receivers, late hits, and rolling into people used to just be part of the game.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Its crazy how many late hits and hits to the head have been going on with the replacement refs.

They don't even try to protect the qb either! Raiders totally rolled into his legs and that should have invoked the Brady rule, but these refs don't give a fuuuuuck.

It is so weird how quickly I have gotten used to the new rules. KOing defenseless receivers, late hits, and rolling into people used to just be part of the game.

The replacements are ref from the PAC fucking 12, and they were let go for their incompetence
PAC FUCKING TWELVE

One is from THE FUCKING LINGERIE FOOTBALL LEAGUE and he was let go from that

Seriously

I'm surprised no one has died yet

Those players are acting like fools, sooner or later one of those Goons/Thugs will severely damage somebody and the league will be held accountable

Football is Chaotic, but with the real refs at least in Controlled Chaos that is kept in check
With these replacements, it's the fucking Wild West out there, get away with as much shit possible

The replacements are ref from the PAC fucking 12, and they were let go for their incompetence
PAC FUCKING TWELVE

Seriously

Those players are acting like fools, sooner or later one of those Goons/Thugs will severely damage somebody and the league will be held accountable

Football is Chaotic, but with the real refs at least in Controlled Chaos that is kept in check
With these replacements, it's the fucking Wild West out there, get away with as much shit possible

Yeah dude, but the original refs were bad too! In fact we could fire these refs and bring in Mom-Refs from Pop Warner leagues and it wouldn't make a difference because "original refs were bad too".

Fantomex

And as shitty as the scab refs are, I still agree with the NFL's stance in principle: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...egotiations/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a2&eref=sihp

I don't think he was talking about the DHB hit, he was talking about the gif that was posted. The one with Giordano hitting the Steeler

PAC FUCKING TWELVE

Seriously

NFL Replacement Ref ‏@ObliviousNFLRef
New NFL rule: You can catch the ball by catching the guy that caught the ball.

eznark

Banned
PAC FUCKING TWELVE

Seriously

c3Zrv.gif

I know this is the narrative you're being fed on ESPN, but is it actually happening? Are there a lot more fines these first three weeks than last year?

squicken

PK gets his info right from Goodell, so I'll say this with that hedge:

If the old refs won't allow the league to replace under-performing officials then I do not want them back. They were getting worse every year and something had to be done.

Now that may be a smokescreen by the league when what they are really after is the pensions, but we'll see. They can keep their pensions and salaries and more for all I care, but they must be more accountable

bionic77

c3Zrv.gif

I know this is the narrative you're being fed on ESPN, but is it actually happening? Are there a lot more fines these first three weeks than last year?
Yeah that is the other weird thing. For all of the dirty hits we are seeing I am not seeing an increase in fines. In fact I could be crazy but it seems noticeably down from last year.

eznark

Banned
PK gets his info right from Goodell, so I'll say this with that hedge:

If the old refs won't allow the league to replace under-performing officials then I do not want them back. They were getting worse every year and something had to be done.

Now that may be a smokescreen by the league when what they are really after is the pensions, but we'll see. They can keep their pensions and salaries and more for all I care, but they must be more accountable

Again, this is what it has always been about for me. If the league caves on this then the officiating in the NFL isn't going to improve until the league owners grow a pair. At some point they are going to have to have this fight if they ever want decent officiating.

We're three weeks into the season, my team just got dicked and I say fight on brothers, fight on!

Narag

Yeah that is the other weird thing. For all of the dirty hits we are seeing I am not seeing an increase in fines. In fact I could be crazy but it seems noticeably down from last year.

Might be a correlation with James Harrison not playing at the moment.

Narag

Broncos LB Joe Mays suspended 1 game for helmet to helmet hit on Texans QB Matt Schaub - Shefter.

If Mays gets suspended for a game for a clean hit on Schaub, I can't imagine what'll happen to Belichick for assaulting a defenseless official. Thinking we're looking at a possible season, if not lifetime, ban.

If Mays gets suspended for a game for a clean hit on Schaub, I can't imagine what'll happen to Belichick for assaulting a defenseless official. Thinking we're looking at a possible season, if not lifetime, ban.

That poor refs arm.Now he has a perfect excuse for never throwing that flag.

eznark

Banned

It'd be legitimately shocking if he isn't suspended. He does something like that to Triplett and there is no question we are talking suspension.

Though, if he isn't suspended I really hope a coach tackles Triplett next year.

Badgerst3

Someone remind me- if the booth officials can't overrule a call on the field, wtf are they there for?

And jennings - just bat the damn ball down. Fuck interception stats.

O line a mess too.

Dragon

Banned

I don't think Mays hit was clean and they're two totally different things anyway. I think BB deserves to be suspended however and Goodell will have no backbone if he just fines him 100k.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I read in an ESPN article that Obama "thinks there was a real problem with that call."

That should stiffen eznark's stance on the refs even more!

eznark

Banned
I read in an ESPN article that Obama "thinks there was a real problem with that call."

That should stiffen eznark's stance on the refs even more!

Excellent, he should form a blue ribbon commission and call for a congressional investigation.

bionic77

Again, this is what it has always been about for me. If the league caves on this then the officiating in the NFL isn't going to improve until the league owners grow a pair. At some point they are going to have to have this fight if they ever want decent officiating.

We're three weeks into the season, my team just got dicked and I say fight on brothers, fight on!
Since the only debate between our teams is which is the bigger joke who do you think winds up with the better draft pick?

I am hoping we get a top 5 pick and then use all of the rest of our picks on defense. We just need two elite pass rushers, 2 elite linebackers, and an entire secondary. I am sure we can get that in one draft the way Dallas did in the 90s. The only team that has that picks saved us is the Pats so we will have to trade them Troy and fleece the way Dallas did to Minny.

Top Bottom