• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

DarkFlow

Banned
Per Mike Jurecki via twitter:

#NFL Top 5 QB rating's after 3 games Matt Ryan 113.9 Ben Roethlisberger 109.2 Kevin Kolb 108.6 Andy Dalton 105.0 Christian Ponder 104.9

WTF? Who is this Kolb that runs forward through the pocket instead of backwards? Actually stays on the field and isn't turning the ball over? Keep it up and we just might not feel fleeced anymore.
I still feel fleeced. Rodgers-Cromartie is a better player then kolb will ever be.

Yep, I still feel like I'm in the minority for saying this among Packer fans. Not on this board fortunately.

I think that that is one of things that makes this place so much fun to talk football. People know their shit. Some more then others but that's balanced out. LJ is like our Yoda.
The best thing is that people don't get blinded by the love for their team which you see on other boards, they are actually reasonable about their team their flaws and all that and admit defeat when their team loses.

That, or I just spent too much time here and I started to perceive all the bullshit all of you spew out as the truth.

I still feel fleeced. Rodgers-Cromartie is a better player then kolb will ever be.
:jnc
Cardinals fans know DRC well. There's the rare amazing play that makes you say wow, there's the occasional solid coverage and then there's the majority of crap that he dishes up week after week. I've never seen a professional football player so afraid of contact.

I'll say this though, DRC would be the best flag football corner around.

That was mostly a joke although I still have the same problems with DRC as before, dude can't tackle. Ever since that injury against the Saints in the playoffs I think it was, he's gone soft. Are you a Cards fan?

:jnc
Cardinals fans know DRC well. There's the rare amazing play that makes you say wow, there's the occasional solid coverage and then there's the majority of crap that he dishes up week after week. I've never seen a professional football player so afraid of contact.

I'll say this though, DRC would be the best flag football corner around.

He always went for the interception. He wanted that espn highlight video. Maybe he has become better, I don't know. I don't follow the eagles.

He always went for the interception. He wanted that epsn highlight video. Maybe he has become better, I don't know. I don't follow the eagles.

He was a good kid and absurdly athletically gifted. He just lacked maturity and turned into a soft tackle-less CB that shy ed away from contact. Not sure if he has improved in those regards, other games would be a better sample I imagine than his performance against us wk3.

how could you hate the chargers

they're that lovable small dog that thinks they can fight with the pitbulls but ends up getting torn apart

they're good for an occasional lulz like worst day ever or anything our STs did last year but the end of the day they wouldn't harm a fly

Just stick with the lakers avatar...no supercharger stuff around..

have rivers and Matthews in a keeper league..:(

effzee

He always went for the interception. He wanted that epsn highlight video. Maybe he has become better, I don't know. I don't follow the eagles.

Well last season he was the #3 CB and he wasn't happy about it. He played nickel and was ok and sometimes just bad. Now he starts and it's only been 3 games but no complaints about him. I mean he isn't the most physical corner but compared to Asante he is far more physical and better at tackling. Plus he allows them to play press coverage like they want. Asante used to just play what he wanted to and barely followed the play called.

Even Nnamdi who has given up two touchdowns but overall has allowed only 3-4 completions total all season.

Btw Falcons fans how is Asante doing?

Now he starts and it's only been 3 games but no complaints about him. I mean he isn't the most physical corner but compared to Asante he is far more physical and better at tackling.
Now I'm no Asante fan but no fucking way is DRC more physical than anybody in this league. With DRC you know what you are gonna get,someone who will follow a scheme, an insane athlete with top notch speed and above average man coverage skills.
What you aren't going to get is any sort of physical presence, run support or any knowledge of how to play zone. At this stage with Horton's system DRC doesn't fit at all but doesn't mean he isn't a good player, maybe he's just a good fit for the eagles.

Doorman

lol, refs. To borrow a page out of FMT's book, the NFL just don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, since the league is as watched and discussed as ever.

I honestly think the Vikings might beat us this week. The hell is wrong with me?

exarkun

Wow, heard Pete Carroll's comment and rather than just brushing off question he actually tries to defend it as the right call.

I mean...uhh...what should he do? Tell em, "we won, thats all that matters?". Because you don't want to be seen indirectly attacking the nfl on a call that gave you the game.

I think its the only thing a coach can do. And why brush it off? Just makes the win illegitimate and sends the wrong message to the team. They did fight til the end, and Tate tried his best.

Milchjon

If Snes was still here he would tell you that I was a German. RIP Snes.

Also, liking this new Mumford and Sons Album, good stuff.

It's out? I only heard a YouTube playlist of live bootlegs of the new songs, and on first listen, the sucked.

Which would be a shame, since the first album is so much fun.

Also, I don't know much about the rules on this, but is touching a ref really suspension worthy? A fine, of course, but a suspension seems too much. And I don't only say that because it's my HC.

Dragon

Banned
If Belichick is not suspended, it will be another blight on this league.

A blight like Andy Reid's mustache. Guy should learn how to groom.

It's out? I only heard a YouTube playlist of live bootlegs of the new songs, and on first listen, the sucked.

Which would be a shame, since the first album is so much fun.

Spotify has most of the songs, at least in the US available to listen to.

exarkun

Belichick didn't really assault that ref.

He was kind of just trying to ask him what happened. That ref was just moving too fast.

Jack Del Rio on the other hand, deserves a suspension.

God. Not even 24 hours and i'm already sick of the overreaction to this.

Don't remember people crying about the integrity of the shield when Hochuli gifted that game to the Broncos a few years ago.

bionic77

Double wide outhouse

(I kid, but I totally have a functioning outhouse, ie plumbing, on the property!)
Man no wonder you are so arrogant. Functioning plumbing for a sconi is like having a fucking spaceship for people in the Northeast. Not to mention you have a woman that can run in races and is under 200 lbs even when pregnant. Other sconis must be incredibly jelly over your life.

Narag

Don't remember people crying about the integrity of the shield when Hochuli gifted that game to the Broncos a few years ago.

Pretty sure I remember complaints both then and recently from some folk, especially when that example was used as how the replacement refs couldn't possibly be that bad.

bionic77

Easier to cry about the refs then focus on how shitty our teams our.

I have half of a mind (which is equal to 3 sconi brains) to blame our loss on the refs. If the refs had controlled the game better Mundy would have never openly attempted homicide on DHB. Somehow that grotesque display of violence pushed the Raiders over the top. I am convinced that is why our defense gave up 30+. On an average day on the road we are not going to give up more than 28 to a stud like Carson Palmer.

Top Bottom