• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

Yeah, pretty sure they did. I agree with you though.

Eh, I remember people bitching, but not to the degree of talking about the destruction of the integrity of the league. ESPN is going on like the league is gonna be pulled down from the rafters by this. Gruden's complaining about it last not was beyond hyperbole.

Easier to cry about the refs then focus on how shitty our teams our.

I have half of a mind (which is equal to 3 sconi brains) to blame our loss on the refs. If the refs had controlled the game better Mundy would have never openly attempted homicide on DHB. Somehow that grotesque display of violence pushed the Raiders over the top. I am convinced that is why our defense gave up 30+. On an average day on the road we are not going to give up more than 28 to a stud like Carson Palmer.

I know you're joking, but I gotta be honest, I never think blaming the refs is justified. Even in the game last night, Packers wouldn't have even been in that situation if they executed better.

Steelers too. Defense was garbage. Offense doesn't get off easy either - Antonio Brown fumbled twice, and Mike Wallace got jealous and fumbled once too. Blaming refs is a last resort I-want-all-of-the-benefits whining that never goes both ways. If you have to resort to nitpicking reffing your team isn't good enough anyway.

DarkFlow

Banned
That was mostly a joke although I still have the same problems with DRC as before, dude can't tackle. Ever since that injury against the Saints in the playoffs I think it was, he's gone soft. Are you a Cards fan?
Born and raised in Phoenix. Been a fan since buddy ball. :/

Milchjon

I personally think having Tom Brady in the league is hurting the shield more than anything else.

I'd personally don't mind if the integrity of the game got damaged to a point where "fans" like you left.

Although I'm not sure you actually care about integrity, judging from your team jumping abilities (I'd call it squickening, but in your case that would be too much of an insult to squicken).

bionic77

I personally think having Tom Brady in the league is hurting the shield more than anything else.
It is the players fault not the shield. Right now we have bum ass refs who will allow all sorts of dirty hits and even with the green light no one has taken a helmet to his knee or a knee to his face.

Players need to step it up and do what the league is allowing them to do. If they allow Tammy to live by the time the refs come back then it on them.

Tabris

Haha it's good one person could have a little fun. Cheatriots fans are so sensitive lately, I guess they try to emulate their hero.

tom-brady-crying.jpg

Milchjon

It is the players fault not the shield. Right now we have bum ass refs who will allow all sorts of dirty hits and even with the green light no one has taken a helmet to his knee or a knee to his face.

Players need to step it up and do what the league is allowing them to do. If they allow Tammy to live by the time the refs come back then it on them.

Didn't know Chris Brown posts on GAF.

I know this only makes sense if you follow the 'Brady is a woman' narrative, which for obvious reasons I don't. But making sense obviously isn't a requirement for taking part in this discussion

bionic77

Didn't know Chris Brown posts on GAF.

I know this only makes sense if you follow the 'Brady is a woman' narrative, which for obvious reasons I don't. But making sense obviously isn't a requirement for taking part in this discussion
I am not for violence against women but as soon as Tammy steps on the field and puts on his pads (regular and maxi) she can't expect special treatment. This is football not an Uggs commercial.

Tabris

BTW, not sure if anyone here uses Yahoo Fantasy but they have this awesome Recap feature that turns the stats from last week into a faux news article.

I got a kick out of mine (just first paragraph) with my team name vs my buddy who's a Brady fan:

Tom Brady Is Ugly registered the second-highest score this week on the way to their third consecutive win when they defeated Brady Bunch 150.06 - 108.80. The streak is due in part to Tom Brady Is Ugly having the second-highest scoring output in the league at 131.91 points per matchup. Brady Bunch goes to 1-2 and falls to eighth place. Tom Brady Is Ugly remains undefeated and in first place having also blown through The Sharks (129.42 - 108.38) and I touchdown there (116.24 - 99.32).

RBH

On the long flight back for the Green Bay Packers following the team’s 14-12 loss to the Seattle Seahawks, players debated going on strike or taking a knee on every play in upcoming games if the replacement referee issue isn’t solved.

That’s according to Packers guard TJ Lang, a Royal Oak native who issued an infamous anti-NFL Tweet after the game that said “**** It NFL. Fine me and use the money to pay the regular refs.”

Many believe the Packers loss was caused by the worst referee decision in NFL history, and players got down to the nuts and bolts of what to do next on the plane, Lang said.

Lang said incensed players decided they’re willing to go to great lengths to show their displeasure about the replacement ref situation.

“Whatever it takes, it’s just a total embarrassment to everybody watching the game, the players in the game, it’s not fun to be part of something like that … If it keeps going on, it’s going to get ugly,” Lang said during a Tuesday afternoon interview on the Valenti & Foster show on 97.1 The Ticket.

He added: “Going into a game worrying about the refs more than the other team, it’s a problem. The NFL, the commissioners, if they don’t take action after last night … That should be the last straw.”

He added he didn’t regret his angry Tweets — which some are calling the most re-Tweeted lines in sports history — though he does regret using the “F-bomb.”

“Personally, I think more people need to speak up,” Lang said, adding players are too afraid of fines to say what they really believe.

He added it’s hypocritical for the NFL to “preach integrity, character, player safety,” and allow unqualified referees on the field whose calls could actually injure players.

“We were furious, man, as soon as we got into the locker room we turned the TVs on, it was just heartbreaking to have the game taken from us like that,” he said. “We put too much effort, blood, sweat and tears into this game to have it taken from us.”

So were the descriptions of 20 angry players throwing things at the TV after the game accurate? “It is accurate,” Lang said, adding, “I’ve never been part of anything like that, it’s hard to blame officials for that loss, you never want to use that excuse … but after we saw the replay and all the reaction from the newscasters on ESPN … We got robbed.

“It was kind of embarrassing to be part of it, everybody was furious, a lot of guys are trying to take the high road, but it’s hard to do when there’s that much emotion into one game. To have the win actually stolen from you? It’s frustrating.”

Foster said fans, even those in Detroit where Green Bay isn’t exactly a favored topic, felt the team’s pain.

“I don’t think it matters if you’re a fan of the Packers or not, everybody clearly saw that last play was an absolutely blown call,” Lang said. “It’s just emotionally straining. I woke up today kind of feeling the same way I did last night, just kind of dumbfounded that outcome played out the way it did.”

Today is a day off for the Packers, but many are wondering how they’ll come back from such a devastating loss. Lang said it is possible.

“Emotionally it’s just heartbreaking to have a game come down to that … it’s tough to get over, but as professionals you’ve got to find a way to move on,” he said.

But he’s not exactly over it, going on to say he doesn’t understand why refs didn’t take more time during the game to review the controversial play. The call was reaffirmed by the NFL Tuesday.

“Did they really look at it? What’s going on?” he recalled thinking after the call.

Lang added a number of bad calls have been piling up since the season began, adding, “If the NFL doesn’t step up and do something about it now, it’s just going to get worse.”

So, who does he blame? “It all starts with the owners, commissioners,” Lang said, adding, “The refs that we have right now, they don’t have the experience to make the proper calls, you can tell by watching every single game they’re having a hard time … They just asked a bunch of random guys to go out there.

“It’s clear that everybody, fans, players, hopefully the owners, realize it’s a problem, we can’t keep going on this way. It’s frustrating to have to go out there are worry about the refs … We see how important it is now.”

He said the controversy is “turning the league into a joke.”

“It’s frustrating to see the owners, the commissioners, aren’t taking any action toward it … The NFL needs to take action, it’s hard to blame these guys, it’s total confusion out there at some points for these guys. You just asked a couple of guys who have never reffed an NFL game to go out there and be perfect.”
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/09...ould-take-action-if-nfl-refs-issue-continues/

Milchjon

Milchjon

Soooo...

'we beat ourselves' vs. 'we got screwed over'.

Which is worse?

Also, even though the refs did a shit job, the Packers' whining approaches Brees levels.

Tabris

It's getting a lot of discussion also because it's Tuesday. When it's Thursday you will see a lot less coverage on this.

Cagey said:
and the real refs fucked up on replay anyway.
....and it's about as recent as it gets, too. Not some age old missed call. Both games were horribly officiated. The divisional match especially. The roughing the passer call on Osi was BRUTAL.

Cagey

Banned
....and it's about as recent as it gets, too. Not some age old missed call. Both games were horribly officiated. The divisional match especially. The roughing the passer call on Osi was BRUTAL.

I couldn't find a picture but it was even worse than the call last night, which was brutal in its own right.

And, oh by the way*, two of those plays happened in a fucking playoff game, not Week 3 of the regular season. But hey, the Pack beat themselves 37-6 right? lulz.

I want to like the Pack. I do. Good team, good history, Rodgers is awesome, but that entire team lost their collective ballsack after winning SB45. Funny how that works.

*trademark belongs to ESPN

Striker

Soooo...

'we beat ourselves' vs. 'we got screwed over'.

Which is worse?

Also, even though the refs did a shit job, the Packers' whining approaches Brees levels.
They did the same last year in their game versus the Giants. No just roider Clay Matthews, but their own coach acted like a child. Big shock, huh.

Speaking of a manchild, Warren Sapp was talking about Brandon Marshall in the public, and Marshall fires back:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...all-fires-back-at-criticism-from-warren-sapp/

I couldn't find a picture but it was even worse than the call last night, which was brutal in its own right.

And, oh by the way*, two of those plays happened in a fucking playoff game, not Week 3 of the regular season. But hey, the Pack beat themselves 37-6 right? lulz.

I want to like the Pack. I do. Good team, good history, Rodgers is awesome, but that entire team lost their collective ballsack after winning SB45. Funny how that works.

*trademark belongs to ESPN
The fuck are you talking about?

Vikings-GAF after this past Sunday:

Senate_Stadium_Thursday_006.sJPG_800_450_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG

In all seriousness, I hate that guy. He always ends up getting interviewed before games and he is the most delusional nut ever. Like most viking fans.

With that said:

If we end up losing the rest of our games remember its because we lost not that your teams won.

VIKEBIKE VIKEBIKE VIKEBIKE

RBH

I see that guy with grey hair in every vikings fan pic. Do they really have so few fans?
Don't say such a thing!

Senate_Stadium_Thursday_007.sJPG_800_450_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG

In all seriousness, I hate that guy. He always ends up getting interviewed before games and he is the most delusional nut ever. Like most viking fans.

With that said:

If we end up losing the rest of our games remember its because we lost not that your teams won.

VIKEBIKE VIKEBIKE VIKEBIKE
Wilf_presser_022.sJPG_800_450_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG

Top Bottom