• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

Vyroxis

Banned
the vikings are truly a team for the ages. that is the only way i can explain losing to them! see you in the NFC championship game.... but it will be in MN again so we have no chance to win. only the cool winter breeze that an outdoor stadium brings could alter christian ponders deadly aerial assault. and only a crisp morning dew could affect a ground eater such as adrian peterson

While I doubt we will make the NFC Championship Game, I really do hope our handling of the 49ers wakes a few people up to the fact that we don't actually suck. We have one of the youngest football teams in the league, but there is a ton of talent to be had.

While I doubt we will make the NFC Championship Game, I really do hope our handling of the 49ers wakes a few people up to the fact that we don't actually suck. We have one of the youngest football teams in the league, but there is a ton of talent to be had.
Vikings won't win 6 games

i'm still baffled that we didn't blitz ponder more. i feel like we blitzed 3 times in the game.... one was almost a pick 6 if whitner doesn't flat out drop it, 1 was an incompletion and a 3rd was a TD where ponder just floated a duck that was caught 1 handed against tight coverage.... could've been another pick for whitner if he turned around.

but no. fangio sticks to his "front 4 and nothing more!" style of pass rush and gives a young QB all the time he wants to sit back and look at the D. i hope he learned a valuable lesson this week

bionic77

i'm still baffled that we didn't blitz ponder more. i feel like we blitzed 3 times in the game.... one was almost a pick 6 if whitner doesn't flat out drop it, 1 was an incompletion and a 3rd was a TD where ponder just floated a duck that was caught 1 handed against tight coverage.... could've been another pick for whitner if he turned around.

but no. fangio sticks to his "front 4 and nothing more!" style of pass rush and gives a young QB all the time he wants to sit back and look at the D. i hope he learned a valuable lesson this week
Blitzing only works against garbage qb's. You just described what sounds like a smart gameplan. Though I do agree with blitzing young qb's generally you just want to use a few blitzes per game to surprise the qb. Blitzing too much is what shitty D's like the Steelers do because they are desperate.

Slo

Rudolph is constantly out in pass routes, and AD gets stuck in spin move animations whenever he's asked to block. I don't know if we've picked up a blitz so far this season. The plan is just to throw 6 yard slants so we don't have to think about it. Let's hope we never get in 3rd and 10+.

Blitzing only works against garbage qb's. You just described what sounds like a smart gameplan. Though I do agree with blitzing young qb's generally you just want to use a few blitzes per game to surprise the qb. Blitzing too much is what shitty D's like the Steelers do because they are desperate.

We almost never blitz.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/25/mitt-romney-nfl-replacement-refs_n_1914782.html

this man has clearly never watched a game of football in his life haha

Has to talk about something since the election is all but over.

woodchuck

With the way our Oline has been, I don't think Romo is making out of this game healthy. Orton will probably come in and lead the Cowboys to victory over his former team.

Of course, Jason Garrett isn't going to make any in-game adjustments when he sees how bad our oline is gonna be against the bears rush.

It also doesn't help that our best corner, Brandon Carr, will probably play safety after Church is out for the year.

Doomsayer

THURSDAY SEPT 27
CLE @ BAL

SUN SEPT 30
SD @ KC
SF @ NYJ
SEA @ STL
CAR @ ATL
MIN @ DET
NE @ BUF
TEN @ HOU

CIN @ JAC
MIA @ ARI
OAK @ DEN
WAS @ TB
NO @ GB

NY @ PHI

MONDAY OCT 1
CHI @ DAL

Oh and by the way fuck Minnesota.

LeBeau always blitzes when nothing else is working. I saw it against Manning and Palmer and everytime we dialed up a desperation blitz it was picked up and they killed us for big plays.

Not saying we don't blitz, but it's rare. Especially this year with the big nickel as Lebeau is just hanging everyone back.

You are right that it is easily picked up though. No push at all.

True, I forgot Stafford might be out out so Shaun Hill will improve the Lions so there goes this Sunday.

qb controversy!

I'm actually worried about the Vikings game. Our offense can't do shit and seems to have forgotten the 10-12yd passing strikes that were our bread and butter last year

Lions offense: run ball on first down, 3 yard pass on second down. Start slanging in third quarter

Slo

qb controversy!

I'm actually worried about the Vikings game. Our offense can't do shit and seems to have forgotten the 10-12yd passing strikes that were our bread and butter last year

Lions offense: run ball on first down, 3 yard pass on second down. Start slanging in third quarter

No worries. Even when the Vikings were good and the Lions were always 3-13, those games were close. I expect a righting of the ship this week.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
qb controversy!

It's actually now run-run-pass-punt.

Also, can't throw past 5 yards in the 1st half. Apparently that's on Scott Linehan's "No-no" list.

I like the running plays though! Leshoure looked promising against an admittedly less than stellar Titans D. Would be nice if Matthew could stop thinking about his post game meal and start throwing the ball down field. Its like Linnehan spent the offseason learning from Schotty and instilling it in Stafford. Fucking slang it Matt

ATF487

Kiryu

THURSDAY SEPT 27
CLE @ BAL

SUN SEPT 30
SD @ KC
SF @ NYJ
SEA @ STL
CAR @ ATL
MIN @ DET
NE @ BUF
TEN @ HOU

CIN @ JAC
MIA @ ARI
OAK @ DEN
WAS @ TB
NO @ GB

NY @ PHI

MONDAY OCT 1
CHI @ DAL

Narag

CLE @ BAL
SD @ KC
SF @ NYJ
SEA @ STL
CAR @ ATL
MIN @ DET
NE @ BUF
TEN @ HOU
CIN @ JAC
MIA @ ARI
OAK @ DEN
WAS @ TB
NO @ GB
NY @ PHI
CHI @ DAL

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Can't believe everybody is picking against the Jets again this week.

49ers are fraudulent. They got run out of town by the damn Vikings. They have no chance in hell against Tebow.

Drakeon

49ers are fraudulent. They got run out of town by the damn Vikings. They have no chance in hell against Tebow.

Lord knows what Tebow would do to us, but lucky for us, he'll only be in on a few snaps.

Also, you do remember your best player just tore his ACL right?

Cagey

Banned

We're sensitive about comebacks and referees because of this:

Tuesday, January 07, 2003

The Giants insisted they had only themselves to blame for their horrible collapse in San Francisco on Sunday. Yesterday the NFL told them they have reason to blame the officials too, but that didn't stop the team from engaging in some finger-pointing.

NFL director of officiating Mike Pereira apologized to Giants coach Jim Fassel yesterday morning for a key mistake by the officials that cost the Giants a second chance on Matt Bryant's ill-fated, 41-yard field goal attempt to end the game Sunday in San Francisco. The NFL said referee Ron Winter and his crew should have called a pass interference penalty on the 49ers on holder Matt Allen's desperation pass attempt after the bad snap.

We have long memories and high sodium levels.

Kiryu

If you beat 49ers then I would thank you for let 49ers lose some important wins so they can't lock their playoff spot or become division champ yet.

Narag

I'll change my pick once Tebow is confirmed to start. Otherwise Mark Sanchez might be the best player for the Niners this week.

Smokey

You're next bro. Check yourself before you wreck yourself. Back the fuck up before you get smacked the fuck up.

25i2m9c.gif

bitch move...where is the video for this

With the way our Oline has been, I don't think Romo is making out of this game healthy. Orton will probably come in and lead the Cowboys to victory over his former team.

Of course, Jason Garrett isn't going to make any in-game adjustments when he sees how bad our oline is gonna be against the bears rush.

It also doesn't help that our best corner, Brandon Carr, will probably play safety after Church is out for the year.

Nah, it will be like the Niners game last year. Romo will get hurt, Neckbeard comes in throws two picks then Romo comes back and leads us to glory!

I like the running plays though! Leshoure looked promising against an admittedly less than stellar Titans D. Would be nice if Matthew could stop thinking about his post game meal and start throwing the ball down field. Its like Linnehan spent the offseason learning from Schotty and instilling it in Stafford. Fucking slang it Matt

I like being able to run too, although we'll have to see how he does against a good d-line. But I'd prefer an offense that didn't ban 10 yard passes in the first half. It's beyond frustrating.

speaking of good d-lines, how bout that Detroit d-line huh. Elite defense, pressuring QBs all day, The Grey, etc

:(

Top Bottom