• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
We are still in the "last year carry over" mode. I would give it usually week 5 or 7 to know how teams are. So right now, the lions are the better team.

It's only week 3 so of course there is a lot of overhype. ESpn polls and analysts are ranking the fucking Cardinals as one of the top three teams in the Nfl based on record alone in week 3 and the hive mind follows.

It happens every year. Cardinals may make the playoffs due to there shitty and cheating division but they would be an easy last place in the NFC North if we swapped them with our bottom dweller the Vikings.

Wrayfield

They closed that Girl + Hula thread

I'm sad ; ;

Such a beautiful thread, DAT Remy .gif alone was Mesmerizing

Also the Burning Man vid gets you dizzy & horny too =/

We were getting Inceptioned and digging deeper ; ;

I don't want to live anymore

The gif that was the downfall... hopefully not:

http://i.imgur.com/RrfVc.gif

I even asked EatChildren if this was OK

http://i.imgur.com/qdapA.gif

He said No, I was heart broken, could've made a nice "Ice Cold" gif =/

Oh, thank you for sharing these. I rarely venture outside of these here dark woods. Guess I should do that more often :)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Ha, I wanna be a hoola cam. Enough now though, we don't want this thread closed. I wouldn't have anywhere to post then.

You can't just show it in thread in .gif format do to Google Overlords or try to show vulgar stuff

That stuff is tame

Plus I gave links, nothing thread locking about that

verbum

It's only week 3 so of course there is a lot of overhype. ESpn polls and analysts are ranking the fucking Cardinals as one of the top three teams in the Nfl based on record alone in week 3 and the hive mind follows.

It happens every year. Cardinals may make the playoffs due to there shitty and cheating division but they would be an easy last place in the NFC North if we swapped them with our bottom dweller the Vikings.

You know, folks said shit like this back in 2008 as well. I support the Falcons so I know what happens when you think "oh those shitty Cardinals, this should be a win".

Wrayfield

You can't just show it in thread in .gif format do to Google Overlords or try to show vulgar stuff

That stuff is tame

Plus I gave links, nothing thread locking about that

So, linking okay? By all means then, hit me. But I'm all dizzy from the previous link, it's like motion sickness in an FPS, man. Now there is a game idea right there! Hoola FPS :)

Also I'm seriously thinking of going to do some festival abroad once somehow I become Legal

Tomorrowland looks so much fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=UWb5Qc-fBvk&NR=1

Also a Sensation Black & Sensation White I need to do before I die

Been to Wacken yet?

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
It's our right as sports fans to bitch about stuff.

The scab refs have done all that could be expected of them but it was inevitable that a situation like this would happen. ESPN and the networks have manufactured a lot of venom and blown it out of proportion for their own gain. Going forward it is going to be a major distraction.

Thursday night won't be a big deal but on Sunday and Monday Night especially, I wouldn't be surprised if the refs were a bigger story than the games again.

Of course but ESPN should bitch more about refs in general then. It is just another so called story line. If they cared they would bitch about the refs in basketball and especially play off games. Fuck NFC championship game Vikings and Saints was bullshit but no one cares.

No, they are rankings the Cardinals in the top 10 teams because they are playing smash mouth style defense and their offense has been improving every week. They have arguably had the most difficult schedule so far this year and won every game.

Its not shocking that you have zero respect for the Cardinals, no one ever does, has, or will. And we like it that way.

cajunator

Banned
No, they are rankings the Cardinals in the top 10 teams because they are playing smash mouth style defense and their offense has been improving every week. They have arguably had the most difficult schedule so far this year and won every game.

Its not shocking that you have zero respect for the Cardinals, no one ever does, has, or will. And we like it that way.

Dude, your team is good. Like LEGIT GOOD.
Fuck the haters. I wouldnt want my Saints to have to play you guys.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You know, folks said shit like this back in 2008 as well. I support the Falcons so I know what happens when you think "oh those shitty Cardinals, this should be a win".

I have no problems with the Cardinals. They never did anything to the Lions and our franchises have followed similar paths.

The Cardinals are led by Kevin Kolb who is a mediocre Qb that will never lead a team to a Super Bowl. Maybe the playoffs but he ain't no Kurt Warner. Same as the 49ers from last year. Sure you can get to the NFC championship but when Alex Smith is leading your team odds are highly unlikely you win the SB.

The Raiders and Patriots have the same record but one will eventually make the playoffs and the other won't.

cajunator

Banned
I have no problems with the Cardinals. They never did anything to the Lions and our franchises have followed similar paths.

The Cardinals are led by Kevin Kolb who is a mediocre Qb that will never lead a team to a Super Bowl. Maybe the playoffs but he ain't no Kurt Warner. Same as the 49ers from last year. Sure you can get to the NFC championship but when Alex Smith is leading your team odds are highly unlikely you win the SB.

The Raiders and Patriots have the same record but one will eventually make the playoffs and the other won't.

With that defense, Kolb only has to play as well as Alex Smith does to win most games.
You would be wise to respect that team because they would fuck up Detroit.

GraveRobberX

Cardinals just have that stigma about them

Even if they win the Superbowl, most still will talk shit

Takes awhile to flush out stereotype, and gain a new identity, see New England Patriots as Top Contenders, before late 80's early 90's relegated to obscurity

Also your owner really didn't do his damnedest to win

I still think Larry "Godhands" Fitzgerald is amazing

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

It's Week 3 man. Lions and Bills had the same 4-2 record going into Week 7.

Bills were getting the hype as well even though they were a house of cards.

Now what you guys have going for you if you're in such a shitty division so I see no reason you guys can't get in.

All I'm saying is just because you're 3-0 you don't have the talent level of 1-2 teams like the Lions, Steelers or Patriots.

A QB like Kevin Kolb, Matt Cassell or Alex Smith will not win you a Super Bowl. Only time I can remember is Trent Dilfer and he had a HOF defense.

Now what you guys have going for you if you're in such a shitty division so I see no reason you guys can't get in.

All I'm saying is just because you're 3-0 you don't have the talent level of 1-2 teams like the Lions, Steelers or Patriots.

A QB like Kevin Kolb, Matt Cassell or Alex Smith will not win you a Super Bowl. Only time I can remember is Trent Dilfer and he had a HOF defense.

I cant even take you serious with your NFC West is such a shitty division talk. Cardinals, 49ers, and Seahawks are not just some shit teams. They could compete against any other team in the league if you ask me. ]

Why is it always NFC North fans are ignorant fools. Especially Lion fans. $100 says Stafford's glass arm shatters before week 6.

cajunator

Banned
Cardinals just have that stigma about them

Even if they win the Superbowl, most still will talk shit

Takes awhile to flush out stereotype, and gain a new identity, see New England Patriots as Top Contenders, before late 80's early 90's relegated to obscurity

Also your owner really didn't do his damnedest to win

I still think Larry "Godhands" Fitzgerald is amazing

My team will never break the stigma. This year isnt helping, although we kind of got fucked over. But whatever. I have always lived here in Louisiana and I will always love my Saints. Its part of me.

cajunator

Banned

Dude you are fucking crazy.
The NFC West has a ton of young talent in it and those teams are becoming formidable. If you want to brush them off as easy wins, dont be surprised when you get fucked.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Talent level? Have you seen that secondary?

Plus, talent level doesn't help much when you're coached by coordinators who make zero adjustments.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
With that defense, Kolb only has to play as well as Alex Smith does to win most games.
You would be wise to respect that team because they would fuck up Detroit.

Barring injuries to our team we have better talent in every category sans maybe DBs and LBs.

Talent means everything. Kevin Kolb will only lead you so far whereas a guy like Stafford has the potential and talent to bring the Super Bowl home.

Week 3 Power rankings mean shit.

Your talking to a Lions fan.

cajunator

Banned
Barring injuries to our team we have better talent in every category sans maybe DBs and LBs.

Talent means everything. Kevin Kolb will only lead you so far whereas a guy like Stafford has the potential and talent to bring the Super Bowl home.

Week 3 Power rankings mean shit.

Your talking to a Lions fan.

You really have a right to be excited for your team considering what you guys put up with. However I think you have to temper expectations. Your defense really isnt that great at all for example. Your offense is actually pretty formidable and to be respected.

Okay, so just like the eagles are going to the SuperBowl this year? Because they sure are a heck of a talented bunch of guys. ON PAPER. Have fun playing your on paper SuperBowl.

All I know is this talentless, worst division in football, worst starting QB team has won its last 11 out of 13 games. I don't care how they won those games, obviously they walked off the field the better team and I don't care how they win their future games. This talentless team will just quietly keep getting shit done despite your hater rant.

Wrayfield

I'm stuck in the US

Illegal Immigrant, Long Story here

Such a fucked up scenario I'm in

That's so fucked up. It's nothing compared to what you're going through but I was a legal immigrant in a country obessed with certificates, documents, rules and what have you. They would issue residence permits for my parents and us three bros yearly so it was always a gamble. Our first non-immigrant-shelter flat was bought with a bribe, my mom gave an old ring to a lady at the Sozialbau who could help us out to get one of those goverment-supported flats. Those were good times, our own rented flat! No more staying in a room sharing kitchen and restrooms with a whole floor of other poor souls. I don't think our family was ever happier. We spent the weekends in the alps, driving our old-ass orange Opel Ascona (with leaded fuel, would you believe?) to Garmisch, Oberstdorf or Konstanz...

After a few years, those yearly permits went away and we got like one 5 year permit. Then a life-long permit. Then my mom got finally a work permit, so my both parents could bust their asses. And once you finish school in Germany or stay in the country a few years, you are entitled to citizenship (unless you fucked some serious shit up). All the time though, for all the bitching about this country, our family was entitled to health insurance and almost-free education. I went to school and uni here and am doing just fine here. Though I had to work like a dog to pay for it, but I don't regret not having to repay a student loan.

Best of luck, bro. Your story touches a soft spot in my soul. When you get legal, get your ass to MarsGermany and we go to Wacken.

Wrayfield

Have you? My metal days are behind me, but Wacken is still something I really wanna do at least once.

I mean to go every year, but my metal friends are lame and don't want to. Best excuse for me to not go either. Don't wanna go on my own. It's on my Master To Do list though :)

Edit: You back from Amörika?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I cant even take you serious with your NFC West is such a shitty division talk. Cardinals, 49ers, and Seahawks are not just some shit teams. They could compete against any other team in the league if you ask me. ]

Why is it always NFC North fans are ignorant fools. Especially Lion fans. $100 says Stafford's glass arm shatters before week 6.

Your division is led by QB's Alex Smith, Kevin Kolb and a rookie QB who has to run outside the pocket every play because he can't see above his lineman because he's a midget.

The NFC North has QBs of a superior class that can actually throw the ball with power and accuracy sans Ponder. Cutler is an emo bitch but he shits on all NFCW QBs.

Enjoy the week 3 rankings, talent wins in the end. One team has Kevin Kolb the other has Matthew Stafford.

Talent level? Have you seen that secondary?

Plus, talent level doesn't help much when you're coached by coordinators who make zero adjustments.

Our secondary is garbage at this point I agree. However we've had Louis Delmas and Chris Houston.

Coaching adjustments will be made I have faith in the coaching staff. In two short years we went from 0-16 to a playoff team. Our coaching staff knows what it's doing.

Milchjon

Edit: You back from Amörika?
Nah, still got a few days left. It's raining today though, and I'm kinda running out of ideas for what to do. Did all the stuff on my list of things to don in Boston.

Also, the fried chicken situation in Germany is a travesty. I'm having so much of it right now to last me for some time.

Your division is led by QB's Alex Smith, Kevin Kolb and a rookie QB who has to run outside the pocket every play because he can't see above his lineman because he's a midget.

The NFC North has QBs of a superior class that can actually throw the ball with power and accuracy sans Ponder. Cutler is an emo bitch but he shits on all NFCW QBs.

Enjoy the week 3 rankings, talent wins in the end. One team has Kevin Kolb the other has Matthew Stafford.

Our secondary is garbage at this point I agree. However we've had Louis Delmas and Chris Houston.

Coaching adjustments will be made I have faith in the coaching staff. In two short years we went from 0-16 to a playoff team. Our coaching staff knows what it's doing.

Kevin Kolb - 4 TD - O Turnovers - 3rd highest QB Rating at 108.6

Mathew Stafford - 3 TD - 4 Turnovers - 22nd lowest QB Rating at 83.5

Maybe you should stop talking shit until your quarterback does something this season.

cajunator

Banned

Maybe you should stop talking shit until your quarterback does something this season.

On one hand he's a Lions fan and is enjoying semi-success. On the other hand I dont really understand why he doesnt sympathise with Cards fans considering that both franchises have been historically awful and now have a lot of hope.

eznark

Banned

Cardinals are good, Kastrioti thinks Te Lions have the greatest defensive line in history.

This discussion you have entered into is going nowhere.

On one hand he's a Lions fan and is enjoying semi-success. On the other hand I dont really understand why he doesnt sympathise with Cards fans considering that both franchises have been historically awful and now have a lot of hope.

Ya I'm not even saying the Cardinals are an elite team. But they are certainly one of the shining teams this year and are far from shit. This dude is just ignorant.

cajunator

Banned
Speaking of coaching, I was thinking about something that might explain our Oline suddenly going to complete shit. The Oline coach is currently the head coach. He still has to manage the Oline AND keep head coaching duties until Joe Vitt comes back. I honestly do think the line will improve drastically after week 7 because Aaron will be able to manage only the Oline and Vitt has experience as an assistant head coach so he will do a lot better job of managing the other things. Might be too late for a playoff berth outside of a weak wildcard chance, but its still possible to end this season on a very high note.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

:jnc Enjoy the week 3 rankings.

Matthew Stafford at 23 years old: 41 TDs, 16 Ints, 5000 yards and a 97.1 QB rating.

Did Kevin Lolb even start last year?

Nah, still got a few days left. It's raining today though, and I'm kinda running out of ideas for what to do. Did all the stuff on my list of things to don in Boston.

Also, the fried chicken situation in Germany is a travesty. I'm having so much of it right now to last me for some time.

Go to Cambridge?

cajunator

Banned

Still think the food down here in Louisiana would blow your mind.
One of the great reasons we put up with living in this state.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Ya I'm not even saying the Cardinals are an elite team. But they are certainly one of the shining teams this year and are far from shit. This dude is just ignorant.

I only brought your team up because of the media somehow claiming you guys were better than other teams and you go on to insinuate Kevin Kolbs stats up to week 3 means he's better than Stafford. Mentioning Kevin Kolb and Staff in the same sentence is a joke.

Gotta have a defense. guess what the Cards have and the Lions dont?

Offense has run the league that last 8 years or so. Defenses on average give up 25 or so points a game. Our offense had Stafford at the helm with Calvin Johnson, Titus Young, Mikel Leshoure Etc.

I love defense but this is an offensive driven league. Kevin Kolb will get you nowhere.

I only brought your team up because of the media somehow claiming you guys were better than other teams and you go on to insinuate Kevin Kolbs stats up to week 3 means he's better than Stafford. Mentioning Kevin Kolb and Staff in the same sentence is a joke.

I never said he was better then Stafford. You keep bringing up Kevin Kolb so all I did was point out he is outplaying Stafford this year. Just making you look like a fool.

Wrayfield

Grab a Chinese bus to NYC for 15 dollars, man. Take the earliest, spend the day there, go back on the last. You can sleep on the bus (4 hour trip). You save on accommodation that way.

Don't remember who it was recommended me those buses (Ez, I think). Thanks again.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I never said he was better then Stafford. You keep bringing up Kevin Kolb so all I did was point out he is outplaying Stafford this year. Just making you look like a fool.

Which goes to my original point Week 3 rankings mean shit and teams like the Cardinals and Bills of last year prove that.

A team that has a mediocre QB can only go so far. In your division that could mean playoffs but Kolb aint no Kurt Warner or Matthew Stafford which was my whole point to begin with.

Milchjon

Grab a Chinese bus to NYC for 15 dollars, man. Take the earliest, spend the day there, go back on the last. You can sleep on the bus (4 hour trip). You save on accommodation that way.

Don't remember who it was recommended me those buses (Ez, I think). Thanks again.

Yeah, I had actually thought about that. But I've been there, didn't really love it all that much, and I'd therefore rather go somewhere I haven't been before.

I think I might check for connections to Foxboro.

GraveRobberX

Can come say hello to me in NYC =D

Yeah, I had actually thought about that. But I've been there, didn't really love it all that much, and I'd therefore rather go somewhere I haven't been before.

I think I might check for connections to Foxboro.

There's a commuter rail line that goes to Foxboro. Look that up on the MBTA website.

Wrayfield

Which goes to my original point Week 3 rankings mean shit and teams like the Cardinals and Bills of last year prove that.

A team that has a mediocre QB can only go so far. In your division that could mean playoffs but Kolb aint no Kurt Warner or Matthew Stafford which was my whole point to begin with.

One 5k season don't make a Warner our of a brittle Matty. Equally, a team that is shite after three weeks could be still shite after 10 weeks. Stafford or not. I think if Megatron stays healthy you guys have a shot at playoffs but Super Borru, I dunno man.

Top Bottom