• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

cajunator

Banned
I wonder if they can recover after this?

If the saints beat them next week and the packs are sitting at the bottom of the nfc north and the entire nfc. Would they still blame it on this game?

ahahahHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAAHA

Is there a worse starting QB than Matt Cassel?? I think not. On 3rd and 10 in the 4th - down by 3... He was actually thinking about tossing it back..

02gIH.gif

He definitely wasn't the reason they won. He's truly awful. Unfortunately Jamal Charles is the opposite of awful.

Theres only one Aaron Brooks.

Best QB in Saints history!

That video is ironic because it was Drew on the other team blowing us out.
He was good in San Diego but not a prototypical QB and he struggled at first but it proves that he isnt just a system QB. He can thrive in different systems. I do think that the system he's in now makes him significantly better though because Sean Payton knows his strengths and weaknesses and allows him the best possible ways to succeed. Without Payton I knew he would struggle, just not this much. Its like he lost a parent almost.

ari

Banned
bitch move...where is the video for this

lol, knew i wasn't the only one.

upset specials all over the place this week:

saints over packers.
dolphins over cardinals
vikings over lions.
panthers over falcons
jags over bengals
rams over seahawks
jets over niners
bills over patriots
raiders over broncos
eagles over giants
bucs over redskins
titans over texans
bears over cowboys.

the packers D over brees and company? I guess thats why you are laughing.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Honestly didn't realize that the Redskins lead the NFL in points scored.

Shame their defense is incapable of not sucking.

Still they should blow the crap out of the Bucs. I expect them to win by about 30.

cajunator

Banned

saints over packers.
dolphins over cardinals
vikings over lions.
panthers over falcons
jags over bengals
rams over seahawks
jets over niners
bills over patriots
raiders over broncos
eagles over giants
bucs over redskins
titans over texans
bears over cowboys.

Dude there's no way in hell my Saints will beat Green Bay after what went on this week. NONE. I can't see a way unless they are so pissed off that they overlook this game.

saints over packers.
dolphins over cardinals
vikings over lions.
panthers over falcons
jags over bengals
rams over seahawks
jets over niners
bills over patriots
raiders over broncos
eagles over giants
bucs over redskins
titans over texans
bears over cowboys.

i guess you didn't list the bears losing to the cowboys because that won't be an upset, it's expected to happen

MacAttack

Exactly. Only reason why we bitch is because of subs. Its like having a sub teacher in school. Bitch and moan they do the same job as a teacher.
They do the same job but are usually less qualified, unfamiliar with procedure and haven't earned a level of respect from the students.

Your comparison works it just goes against the point you were trying to make.

THURSDAY SEPT 27
CLE @ BAL

SUN SEPT 30
SD @ KC
SF @ NYJ
SEA @ STL
CAR @ ATL
MIN @ DET
NE @ BUF
TEN @ HOU

CIN @ JAC
MIA @ ARI
OAK @ DEN
WAS @ TB
NO @ GB

NY @ PHI

MONDAY OCT 1
CHI @ DAL

Kiryu

saints over packers.
dolphins over cardinals
vikings over lions.
panthers over falcons
jags over bengals
rams over seahawks
jets over niners
bills over patriots
raiders over broncos
eagles over giants
bucs over redskins
titans over texans
bears over cowboys.

I thought Detroit Lions was worse...?

AndresON777

shooting blanks

He definitely wasn't the reason they won. He's truly awful. Unfortunately Jamal Charles is the opposite of awful.

That video is ironic because it was Drew on the other team blowing us out.
He was good in San Diego but not a prototypical QB and he struggled at first but it proves that he isnt just a system QB. He can thrive in different systems. I do think that the system he's in now makes him significantly better though because Sean Payton knows his strengths and weaknesses and allows him the best possible ways to succeed. Without Payton I knew he would struggle, just not this much. Its like he lost a parent almost.

ugh you dont even care any more

well played son

DarkFlow

Banned
You wouldn't want to steal the Eagles from Philadelphia. :( It would be like stealing the Browns from Cleveland. The Eagles are one of the oldest teams in the National Football League.
Oh I don't really want the eagles, I just don't want the bidwells Lol.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
qb controversy!

I'm actually worried about the Vikings game. Our offense can't do shit and seems to have forgotten the 10-12yd passing strikes that were our bread and butter last year

Lions offense: run ball on first down, 3 yard pass on second down. Start slanging in third quarter
They're not even trying to unleash the dragon. It's sad.

I think Hill is going to right the ship this weekend. But I also thought we would wreck the Titans...so I could very well be crying all afternoon Sunday.

cajunator

Banned
They're not even trying to unleash the dragon. It's sad.

I think Hill is going to right the ship this weekend. But I also thought we would wreck the Titans...so I could very well be crying all afternoon Sunday.

Havent seen you around lately. Always wondered what is in your avatar though.

I just need the Vikings to win this weekend so they win at least one game in the north.

Last year was the first time they have ever been swept in their division.

cashman

Banned
For survival this week I feel like the obvious choice is Balt over Cleveland, but that has trap game written all over it. Baltimore just came off a big win and a physical game, and I feel like they're going to have a little bit of a let down against a Browns team who's D caused Vick fits. It really depends on how fast the Ravens can get to and injure Weeden, so Colt McCoy can shine.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
They do the same job but are usually less qualified, unfamiliar with procedure and haven't earned a level of respect from the students.

Your comparison works it just goes against the point you were trying to make.

I know. The refs are bad but these refs now are worse. When the old comes back we will still be bitching.

cajunator

Banned
pick Green Bay over New Orleans. Its pretty much a lead pipe lock.
Maybe if Vitt was coaching we'd have a chance, but Kromer does not have the balls to make risky decisions during games.

The Arizona Cardinals have the same amount of victories as the Saints, Packers, Patriots, and Steelers combined.

Maybe this really is the year of the apocalypse.

Damn just found out on my local news that the ref that made the call is a so cal dude..:(

Also worse wasn't ready to ref the NFL games...ouch

THURSDAY SEPT 27
CLE @ BAL My "I know it will never happen but I'm doing it anyway" pick of the week.

SUN SEPT 30
SD @ KC
SF @ NYJ
SEA @ STL
CAR @ ATL My "Blind fan that always picks his team" pick.
MIN @ DET LOLions
NE @ BUF Please make it happen, for the good of the NFL.
TEN @ HOU

CIN @ JAC
MIA @ ARI
OAK @ DEN
WAS @ TB My "I can't believe I'm picking the fucking Yucs" pick
NO @ GB Hahahahaha NO defense.

NY @ PHI

MONDAY OCT 1
CHI @ DAL

Oh I don't really want the eagles, I just don't want the bidwells Lol.

Uhh Mike Bidwell is a pretty great owner. It was his father that was a piece of shit owner that held us back for years. Mike has delivered on his promises with an amazing stadium, willing to pay top dollar to retain all our best core players and even showed boldness in the move for Kolb. Whether that pans out or not is irrelevant, the point is he was willing to make a big move and bid for what was considered the top QB FA at the time.

MacAttack

I know. The refs are bad but these refs now are worse. When the old comes back we will still be bitching.
It's our right as sports fans to bitch about stuff.

The scab refs have done all that could be expected of them but it was inevitable that a situation like this would happen. ESPN and the networks have manufactured a lot of venom and blown it out of proportion for their own gain. Going forward it is going to be a major distraction.

Thursday night won't be a big deal but on Sunday and Monday Night especially, I wouldn't be surprised if the refs were a bigger story than the games again.

Kiryu

We are still in the "last year carry over" mode. I would give it usually week 5 or 7 to know how teams are. So right now, the lions are the better team.
Last year Bears was better team to get in playoff until... Kitty Cutler's thumb got injured... LOL

P.S. You got tebow'd

DarkFlow

Banned
Uhh Mike Bidwell is a pretty great owner. It was his father that was a piece of shit owner that held us back for years. Mike has delivered on his promises with an amazing stadium, willing to pay top dollar to retain all our best core players and even showed boldness in the move for Kolb. Whether that pans out or not is irrelevant, the point is he was willing to make a big move and bid for what was considered the top QB FA at the time.
Oh I did not know bill turned it over. He was the reason we played in damn sun devil stadium for all those years, and had such shit teams. I remember when we had Jake the snake and beat the cowboys in the only playoffs we got to at that point.

I guess that explains why the team spends money now I guess lol. Learn something new every day.

Should I start Kevin Smith or Daniel Thomas? Before LeShoure (also on my team) came back, Smith was the workhorse but didn't do shit last week. Is he getting phased out of the offensive?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
They closed that Girl + Hula thread

I'm sad ; ;

Such a beautiful thread, DAT Remy .gif alone was Mesmerizing

Also the Burning Man vid gets you dizzy & horny too =/

We were getting Inceptioned and digging deeper ; ;

I don't want to live anymore

The gif that was the downfall... hopefully not: (thank god it wasn't, it was the thread derailment of amir0x talk =/)

http://i.imgur.com/RrfVc.gif

I even asked EatChildren if this was OK

http://i.imgur.com/qdapA.gif

He said No, I was heart broken, could've made a nice "Ice Cold" gif =/

filler

Banned
They closed that Girl + Hula thread

I'm sad ; ;

Such a beautiful thread, DAT Remy .gif alone was Mesmerizing

Also the Burning Man vid gets you dizzy & horny too =/

We were getting Inception and digging deeper ; ;

I don't want to live anymore