• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

Which goes to my original point Week 3 rankings mean shit and teams like the Cardinals and Bills of last year prove that.

A team that has a mediocre QB can only go so far. In your division that could mean playoffs but Kolb aint no Kurt Warner or Matthew Stafford which was my whole point to begin with.

Kurt Warner and Matthew Stafford don't even deserve to be in the same sentence together. Anyways I'm done talking to you scrub.

squicken

You know what sucks? Apple. My mom has an older Macbook that has an old version of whatever they call the OS. She backs up her iPhone frequently. So of course her new iPhone needs iTunes 10.7 to sync with the phone, only to install iTunes 10.7 she needs the newest OS.

Okay Apple, I understand that you like to screw over your legion of supporters. It's ridiculous but I need that OS upgrade. How do I get it? Well, I first have to call Apple and buy the second most recent OS and they'll ship the DVDs. After installing that, I then need to buy another OS update from the Mac Store since they are now all digital.

We don't use iCloud for her phone b/c all the storage with that is used for her iPad. Just absurd. My dad can install iTunes 10.7 on a 7 year old Dell running Vista and get his phone going no problem. So lame. My folks have embraced the whole post-PC crap Apple spouts but are still tethered to iTunes

cajunator

Banned
Been there. Dunno, will probably just do some shopping and maybe go to the Prudential tower if it ever clears up.

Will visit one day. Although I don't like seafood and heat ;-)

Well you dont HAVE to visit in summer. Spring and Fall are actually really nice weatherwise.
Also, cajun food is kind of different from New Orleans food. Not as much seafood. More agricultural. Like chicken and sausage jambalaya and andouille gumbo instead of seafood.
You might also like the boudin.

Dragon

Banned
Grab a Chinese bus to NYC for 15 dollars, man. Take the earliest, spend the day there, go back on the last. You can sleep on the bus (4 hour trip). You save on accommodation that way.

Don't remember who it was recommended me those buses (Ez, I think). Thanks again.

I'd recommend the megabus over the Chinatown. Chinatown buses are older and the price is competitive. But a great idea. If I wasn't flying to Charlotte I would have met for beers.

Milchjon

Can come say hello to me in NYC =D

Haha, would love to, but I don't think I'll make it down there this time.

There's a commuter rail line that goes to Foxboro. Look that up on the MBTA website.

Either I'm really dumb, or it only runs for special events. It's probably the former, but I'm kinda over the idea already :-D

Will find something to do for sure. Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Wrayfield

Can come say hello to me in NYC =D

Actually, doing an east coast tour for two weeks with my best friend who's also into football. He is a Ravens fan and we will be near Baltimore, heard good things about the atmosphere there so we will definitely try and catch a game there.

We planned on 2-3 days in NYC next month (it's the 2nd destination on our list, starting in Boston), will let you know. We should grab a beer. Talk about beards. :)

Milchjon

Actually, doing an east coast tour for two weeks with my best friend who's also into football. He is a Ravens fan and we will be near Baltimore, heard good things about the atmosphere there so we will definitely try and catch a game there.

Don't get stabbed, bro.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
One 5k season don't make a Warner our of a brittle Matty. Equally, a team that is shite after three weeks could be still shite after 10 weeks. Stafford or not. I think if Megatron stays healthy you guys have a shot at playoffs but Super Borru, I dunno man.

Eh I never said Stafford was equivalent to Warner, the only reason I brought up Warner is because he's a former Card's QB. Warner is a legend.

Stafford has almost twice as many TDs last year as Kolb has had in his whole career.

Just don't bring up week 3 records and stats and brag. Shaun hill has a better QB rating than Stafford so he's better?

Wrayfield

I'd recommend the megabus over the Chinatown. Chinatown buses are older and the price is competitive. But a great idea. If I wasn't flying to Charlotte I would have met for beers.

I saw those in the bus terminal but never compared prices. Thanks, will check them out. Chinatown buses are a bit older, true. Still were cleaner than I expected for 15 bucks. Also, WiFi on them.

May I ask, we are planning on an all around trip, what do you think of it: Boston-NYC-Philly-Baltimore-DC-Richmond-N. Carolina? We are visiting friends in Raleigh at the end of our trip and I am working near-ish Boston before that hence the randomness of it.

What's the best way to do that trip, a rental car I guess? We think, to save some money, to take a bus from Boston to NYC, then, when we're done there, rent a car and do the rest of the trip.

Don't get stabbed, bro.

I'm going to see the Raiders. :p

cajunator

Banned
I saw those in the bus terminal but never compared prices. Thanks, will check them out. Chinatown buses are a bit older, true. Still were cleaner than I expected for 15 bucks. Also, WiFi on them.

May I ask, we are planning on an all around trip, what do you think of it: Boston-NYC-Philly-Baltimore-DC-Richmond-N. Carolina? We are visiting friends in Raleigh at the end of our trip and I am working near-ish Boston before that hence the randomness of it.

What's the best way to do that trip, a rental car I guess? We think, to save some money, to take a bus from Boston to NYC, then, when we're done there, rent a car and do the rest of the trip.

I'm going to see the Raiders. :p

Man I wish I could take a trip like that. did you take significant time off work or what?

Wrayfield

Eh I never said Stafford was equivalent to Warner, the only reason I brought up Warner is because he's a former Card's QB. Warner is a legend.

Stafford has almost twice as many TDs last year as Kolb has had in his whole career.

Just don't bring up week 3 records and stats and brag. Shaun hill has a better QB rating than Stafford so he's better?

Kurt Warner and Matthew Stafford don't even deserve to be in the same sentence together.

I thought you said Kolb is not like Stafford or Warner. Sounded like a comparison but anyway, nevermind. Agree with BP on this one.

We planned on 2-3 days in NYC next month (it's the 2nd destination on our list, starting in Boston), will let you know. We should grab a beer. Talk about beards. :)

Eat Crabcakes!!!

Haha, would love to, but I don't think I'll make it down there this time.

Either I'm really dumb, or it only runs for special events. It's probably the former, but I'm kinda over the idea already :-D

Will find something to do for sure. Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Wouldn't want no shitty pats fan that close to where I lived anyhow. :p

Wrayfield

Eat Crabcakes!!!

Will try to do all the touristy stuff :p.

Might write something up for each destination if it's related to the NFL. To start things off, thought about taking a gigantic, BLarry-type crap in front of Foxboro, but if they catch me I will be banned from America and probably lose my job.

cajunator

Banned
In Germany, 4 paid weeks of vacation are pretty much the norm.

Normally I would say fuck my life, but I get every other week off. Like right now Im off until Tuesday night. I have to work an 84 hour workweek though in between. To be honest I would probably hate only having Saturday and Sunday off work.

Milchjon

Will try to do all the touristy stuff :p.

Might write something up for each destination if it's related to the NFL. To start things off, thought about taking a gigantic, BLarry-type crap in front of Foxboro, but if they catch me I will be banned from America and probably lose my job.

You Germans and your scat obsession!

One of my least favorite stereotypes. Where the hell did that come from???

Wrayfield

Normally I would say fuck my life, but I get every other week off. Like right now Im off until Tuesday night. I have to work an 84 hour workweek though in between. To be honest I would probably hate only having Saturday and Sunday off work.

Guess it's my time to say fuck my life, he.

cajunator

Banned
I only went to Baltimore to see their aquarium (which is fuckawesome by the way) but I remember it being a pretty nice looking city. Not a bad spot to visit.
Ive also seen DC numerous times but I prefer rural Southern Maryland to it. Way too fucking many people in one place. Baltimore so far is the farthest north I have ever been.

lol, knew i wasn't the only one.

upset specials all over the place this week:

saints over packers.
dolphins over cardinals
vikings over lions.
panthers over falcons
jags over bengals
rams over seahawks
jets over niners
bills over patriots
raiders over broncos
eagles over giants
bucs over redskins
titans over texans
bears over cowboys.

Eagles over Giants wouldnt be an upset since the Eagles are 3 point favorites.

I went to Baltimore once for an Orioles game and I thought the area was pretty nice. Of course, by "the area" I mean the harbor, everything I saw outside of that seemed a little questionable, especially at night.

Germans know the Panthers? I'm impressed by my fellow countrymen.

And to be fair, the same could probably happen to you in the US. Maybe even in Jacksonville :p

It's already happened in Newark when I went to a hockey game. :( And only two people talked about my jacket in germany and one asked how the panthers were doing and the other was making fun of the panthers trying to piss me off but didn't realize it wasn't the panthers.

Vyroxis

Banned
Eagles over Giants wouldnt be an upset since the Eagles are 3 point favorites.

I don't see how they are. But then again I haven't managed to catch many of their games yet.

Also, how would the Vikings beating the Lions be an upset? I know the Vikings are far from the best team, but last week showed that when we play well, we are a damn good team. Putting up 24 points against that D is impressive for an offensive unit that's still teething for the most part.

squicken

Good point on AZ. They are a missed chip shot FG and Braylon Edwards drop from being 1-2. Eagles game was emphatic but I guess I still just don't believe. Eagles dropped a TAINT and Vick fumble was a 10 point swing.

I still think SF coasts to the division crown. Really don't trust SEA's offense. Maybe Pete thinks that Wilson's upside is much higher than Flynn's, but it's hard to believe they are a better team with him playing QB right now

I dont get what Pete is doing with Wilson. He had 10 attempts at the end of the 3rd quarter the other night. You are not going to win many games just handing the ball off and hoping your defense gets a shutout.

I thought he looked pretty bad when he did anything other than run or loft deep balls. And in his defense his WRs can't do much for him. But he had decent protection and time and still seemed reluctant to pull the trigger

Well lads I may be banned for calling Rhianna a bitch. If I do.... GO CARDINALS.

Good point on AZ. They are a missed chip shot FG and Braylon Edwards drop from being 1-2. Eagles game was emphatic but I guess I still just don't believe. Eagles dropped a TAINT and Vick fumble was a 10 point swing.

I still think SF coasts to the division crown. Really don't trust SEA's offense. Maybe Pete thinks that Wilson's upside is much higher than Flynn's, but it's hard to believe they are a better team with him playing QB right now

They were not a missed FG away from a NE loss. They beat bradys ass up and down that field and were placed in an unfortunate position because ryan williams managed to do the most damaging thing in that game and fumble. They deserved that win.

The cards also stopped the seahawks for like 15 plays in the redzone at the end of that game. The is some boss defense.

verbum

I'm so glad the Falcons play the Cardinals in Atlanta in November. Home field will definitely help.

Redskins, Raiders, and Eagles in October. It would be nice to have a winning record that month.

I wonder if there are any heavy but fast running backs floating around out there. Turner is not showing me any speed in hitting the holes this year.

I dont get what Pete is doing with Wilson. He had 10 attempts at the end of the 3rd quarter the other night. You are not going to win many games just handing the ball off and hoping your defense gets a shutout.

I'm so glad the Falcons play the Cardinals in Atlanta in November. Home field will definitely help.

Redskins, Raiders, and Eagles in October. It would be nice to have a winning record that month.

I wonder if there are any heavy but fast running backs floating around out there. Turner is not showing me any speed in hitting the holes this year.

How long are Falcons fans going to pretend they dont have a great team? The Falcons will be big favorites and should win all 3 of those games easily. It is so weird to me to read posts, not your specifically, that are so unsure.

bionic77

If you go to the Aquarium in Inner Harbor Baltimore make sure to look online for some deals before you get there.

Tickets for that POS are $30. Those fascist assholes who work there also do not appreciate any forms of Steelers graffiti on the walls or tattoos on the animals.

And I just watching that Gangam style video on YT. Probably 6 months late to the phenomenon. Good video though. Hopefully Wallace or Brown do it against the Eagles in 2 weeks!

How long are Falcons fans going to pretend they dont have a great team? The Falcons will be big favorites and should win all 3 of those games easily. It is so weird to me to read posts, not your specifically, that are so unsure.

Oh those Falcons fans. Dont they know they have Manning Jr. At the helm?

squicken

Well lads I may be banned for calling Rhianna a bitch. If I do.... GO CARDINALS.

They were not a missed FG away from a NE loss. They beat bradys ass up and down that field and were placed in an unfortunate position because ryan williams managed to do the most damaging thing in that game and fumble. They deserved that win.

The cards also stopped the seahawks for like 15 plays in the redzone at the end of that game. The is some boss defense.

I am definitely not running down the defense, and both SEA and NE games had weird stuff going on at the end of games. But that's the thing. b/c your offense is shaky you are susceptible to all the weird stuff that can happen at the end of games. It's why everyone and their mother said SF would regress. Winning close games at the rate you have is not sustainable.

Seems like a 7-9 team to me, but I'd love it if you guys beat out SF and SEA

bionic77

You know what sucks? Apple. My mom has an older Macbook that has an old version of whatever they call the OS. She backs up her iPhone frequently. So of course her new iPhone needs iTunes 10.7 to sync with the phone, only to install iTunes 10.7 she needs the newest OS.

Okay Apple, I understand that you like to screw over your legion of supporters. It's ridiculous but I need that OS upgrade. How do I get it? Well, I first have to call Apple and buy the second most recent OS and they'll ship the DVDs. After installing that, I then need to buy another OS update from the Mac Store since they are now all digital.

We don't use iCloud for her phone b/c all the storage with that is used for her iPad. Just absurd. My dad can install iTunes 10.7 on a 7 year old Dell running Vista and get his phone going no problem. So lame. My folks have embraced the whole post-PC crap Apple spouts but are still tethered to iTunes
The problem isn't Apple, it is your parents. Whether it is updating your mom's 15 year old Macbook or cleaning out the viruses on your retarded cousins PC, the end result is you are wasting your time helping out people who can't take care of their own shit.

Personally I still recommend Apple computers to stupid relatives because in the end it is a lot less work. Retarded people are not fit to use PCs, they become malware and virus infested pieces of shit within a few months.

My Dad doesn't even know how to use a computer. He just uses his iPad which is not synced to any computer, just the cloud.

Top Bottom