• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Albert breerier(sp) is reporting that the NFL and NFLRA have reached an agreement on the developmental backup referee crews.

Pensions is still up in the air.

xnipx

Baltimore aquarium has a deal now through march where it's half off after 5 on Fridays. It's a nice thing to do before dinner if ur gonna be downtown anyway

Milchjon

The problem isn't Apple, it is your parents. Whether it is updating your mom's 15 year old Macbook or cleaning out the viruses on your retarded cousins PC, the end result is you are wasting your time helping out people who can't take care of their own shit.

Personally I still recommend Apple computers to stupid relatives because in the end it is a lot less work. Retarded people are not fit to use PCs, they become malware and virus infested pieces of shit within a few months.

My Dad doesn't even know how to use a computer. He just uses his iPad which is not synced to any computer, just the cloud.

Even my mom can handle a PC, and she's basically computer illiterate. What kind of people do you know?

Also, Apple excels at making perfectly fine devices obsolescent. My 4 or 5 year old Touch would still work beautifully, but since the software can't be updated anymore, it's basically unusable. I can't even buy anything on iTunes on it anymore, at least not TV stuff and Podcasts.

A 25 year old Walkman still works fine. I hate this future.

squicken

The problem isn't Apple, it is your parents. Whether it is updating your mom's 15 year old Macbook or cleaning out the viruses on your retarded cousins PC, the end result is you are wasting your time helping out people who can't take care of their own shit.

Personally I still recommend Apple computers to stupid relatives because in the end it is a lot less work. Retarded people are not fit to use PCs, they become malware and virus infested pieces of shit within a few months.

My Dad doesn't even know how to use a computer. He just uses his iPad which is not synced to any computer, just the cloud.

It's like a 3 year old Macbook. The joke of it is I told them to buy a Macbook b/c it is supposedly easier to use. But she hardly touched it b/c we bought her the iPad 1 at the same time. Apple nickle and dimes its loyal customer b/c they take it and like it. As someone who uses real computers I find it pretty lame

bionic77

The Baltimore Aquarium is the greatest in the world, and I'll be damned if I'll stand here and listen to this nonsense!
It can't be the greatest if it is in Baltimore.

Honestly speaking though other than the scary parts of Baltimore I actually like the city in some ways. It is way more diverse than more North East cities and regions. We were down in the city recently for someone's wedding. Even the wedding was diverse, it was multiracial.

Then again I like black people so for me it was cool to go down there, for a Packers fan it might be hell.

bionic77

Even my mom can handle a PC, and she's basically computer illiterate. What kind of people do you know?
It is possible that some of my relatives are just dumber than yours.

My sister and her family (among others, but they are the worst) can fuck up any PC within 3 hours. I got them a Mac Mini for her birthday present years ago and it was heaven for me because my career in tech support pretty much ended right there and then.

DCX

DCX
I'm so glad the Falcons play the Cardinals in Atlanta in November. Home field will definitely help.

Redskins, Raiders, and Eagles in October. It would be nice to have a winning record that month.

I wonder if there are any heavy but fast running backs floating around out there. Turner is not showing me any speed in hitting the holes this year.
Turner is what he is. He is doing exactly the same thing for me in our Madden league. 40-60 yards. Just enough to keep a D honest.

You really can't have it both ways. We don't need another power back. We need an LT like back. Shifty and good in the passing game out of the back field. Quizz could be that guy.

DCX

cajunator

Banned
I wonder how Packers fans deal with visiting New Orleans.
Also Rhianna is talentless vapid shit and BakedPigeon was stupid for even going in that thread.

bionic77

It's like a 3 year old Macbook. The joke of it is I told them to buy a Macbook b/c it is supposedly easier to use. But she hardly touched it b/c we bought her the iPad 1 at the same time. Apple nickle and dimes its loyal customer b/c they take it and like it. As someone who uses real computers I find it pretty lame
To be fair those updates are like 20 bucks and are not hard to find or install.

But yeah it is true that Apple does ditch it products after 4-5 years. I can't upgrade my 2006-7 MBP anymore. For someone like me who doesn't like to keep a computer for more than 3 years it is not a big deal, but if you don't want to spend unnecessary money on your computer I can see it sucking ball.

squicken

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
The NFL and NFLRA have reached an agreement on the issue of backup crews. Will have a developmental program. Pension remains an issue.

NFL wanted 21 full-time officials added. Compromise agreed on: 21 guys in developmental program, work w/crews during week, promoted on merit

Solving the retirement plan has been the issue all along. So it's a significant hurdle. NFL brought benefits experts to Tuesday's meeting.

I was always afraid the pensions were the real issues and actually improving the officiating was a smokescreen. go fuck yourselves owners

The NFL and NFLRA have reached an agreement on the issue of backup crews. Will have a developmental program. Pension remains an issue.

NFL wanted 21 full-time officials added. Compromise agreed on: 21 guys in developmental program, work w/crews during week, promoted on merit

Solving the retirement plan has been the issue all along. So it's a significant hurdle. NFL brought benefits experts to Tuesday's meeting.

I was always afraid the pensions were the real issues and actually improving the officiating was a smokescreen. go fuck yourselves owners

Ehh, I'm with the owners on this one. Why should the refs get a better pension plan then the commissioner himself?

squicken

Have to go for awhile but hopefully the stoner Seahawks fans see this when they wake up at noon before heading to the unemployment office

==

Suspend Browner for typical Seahawks thuggery. Arguably worse than Mays since it's just a cheap shot to the head and not even close to a football play

ioXhEAD1kBCiF.gif

icKw1UH6fKrpM.gif

bionic77

Why should part time employees be getting better pensions then the rest of the NFL employees? I think the refs are being greedy as well. They are getting their pay bump, they just don't want 401k like the rest of us schlubs and want a more guaranteed pension. Those are always financial disasters and I can see why the NFL doesn't want to cave on them. Look at all of the car companies and state and local governments that are going broke on old pensions.

eznark

Banned

We will see. I think it now gets done this week. If so, then the backup crews were the real issue.

Striker

It's hard to classify Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson as something higher than great...itd be hard to even classify them as great lol
Yeah, I'm sure somebody was eventually going to throw those two in, but that is expected in these discussions.

So you're saying Marino wasn't great?
He wasn't awful in the playoffs if that's what you're trying to get it. A great player should generally keep his play up or get better from it by going into the playoffs. Ryan has been mediocre at best in them.

cajunator

Banned
Have to go for awhile but hopefully the stoner Seahawks fans see this when they wake up at noon before heading to the unemployment office

==

Suspend Browner for typical Seahawks thuggery. Arguably worse than Mays since it's just a cheap shot to the head and not even close to a football play

ioXhEAD1kBCiF.gif

icKw1UH6fKrpM.gif

I kind of think this is why some passing teams (like Saints and the Packers) are having so much more trouble this year getting into rhythm. Someone mentioned earlier that all the thuggery around WRs this season due to scrub officiating might be affecting patterns and timing in general. Couple that with some bad offensive lines and you have a recipe for poor QB play where there once was greatness. Teams having success seem to have some semblance of a running game to prop them up. The Saints COULD do this but inexplicably keep PT and Sproles on the sidelines in favor of pass pass pass pass pass.

bionic77

Because its what the league agreed to?
Generous pensions always come back to bite you in the ass.

It is smart of the league to not fold on this. Being too generous on pensions has fucked up a lot of companies. It seems like a small thing now but compound it over time and the NFL could get fucked.

Narag

I kind of think this is why some passing teams (like Saints and the Packers) are having so much more trouble this year getting into rhythm. Someone mentioned earlier that all the thuggery around WRs this season due to scrub officiating might be affecting patterns and timing in general. Couple that with some bad offensive lines and you have a recipe for poor QB play where there once was greatness. Teams having success seem to have some semblance of a running game to prop them up. The Saints COULD do this but inexplicably keep PT and Sproles on the sidelines in favor of pass pass pass pass pass.

Gotta get their money's worth out of Brees.

captive

Generous pensions always come back to bite you in the ass.

It is smart of the league to not fold on this. Being too generous on pensions has fucked up a lot of companies. It seems like a small thing now but compound it over time and the NFL could get fucked.
Hardly, the pensions they pay the refs are a pittance to the amount of actual money each team brings in, let alone the league itself as a whole.

bionic77

Incorrect.

Those teams have just sucked dick.

The Steelers have been able to pass the ball just fine this year, in fact becoming more efficient than last year. And they are not the only ones.

Also people are reading way too much into week 3. Cards might be legit or they might fall off big time as Kolb takes over down the stretch. This happens to a few teams every year that get a hot start, look dominant, and then fall apart for another team to come out of nowhere and win the division.

bionic77

Hardly, the pensions they pay the refs are a pittance to the amount of actual money each team brings in, let alone the league itself as a whole.
It always starts out as a small amount of money but pensions are killers to companies if you don't get them under control. Haven't you paid attention to what has happened in Detroit over the last 20 years?

eznark

Banned
Bionic, I agree with you in theory we are talking about what, like 50 people tops and they turnover maybe 1 person a year? This isn't a situation that is likely to grow out of control.

Because its what the league agreed to?

So you oppose all strikes and lock outs while contracts exist, or only oppose lockouts?

I don't necessarily disagree with you on honoring the contracts mind you, but we are obviously past that.

cajunator

Banned
Incorrect.

Those teams have just sucked dick.

The Steelers have been able to pass the ball just fine this year, in fact becoming more efficient than last year. And they are not the only ones.

Also people are reading way too much into week 3. Cards might be legit or they might fall off big time as Kolb takes over down the stretch. This happens to a few teams every year that get a hot start, look dominant, and then fall apart for another team to come out of nowhere and win the division.

I guess so.
Its weird to see the Pats, Packers , Steelers and Saints with one win or less right now. I suppose NFL parity really is true.
Cant say that I completely dislike it though. I love seeing formerly bad teams getting good again and competing seriously. It makes the league more fun than the same teams winning every fucking year.

Milchjon

Now the market dictates that they change it. Forgive me if I don't feel sorry for guys working part-time while making more than I do full-time don't get their over sized pensions. Cry me a fucking river!

I don't care about the pensions and everything,but I love when the "part time" thing gets brought up. Not all jobs are created equal, and many, many people will make more money per hour of work than any of us do.(Whether they deserve it or not.) The part time part is practically irrelevant.

Bowser

Now the market dictates that they change it. Forgive me if I don't feel sorry for guys working part-time while making more than I do full-time don't get their over sized pensions. Cry me a fucking river!

Amen.

Now, which of you dirty Fal-CON fans wants a Cam Newton avatar for a week?

That's right, I'm throwing down the gauntlet!

Was going to post this when I saw squick's original post, but I see bionic beat me to it! Stay updated and you don't have to deal with shit like this. It doesn't even have to be the latest update, but jeez, you can't go three years without updating your technology and then expect it to work just peachy with the latest gadget out there.

Thursday night football - Browns any good?

The Ravens defense is garbage this year, but will that matter? Aside from that first horrible flag game haven't paid that much attention to Weeden.

captive

==

ioXhEAD1kBCiF.gif

icKw1UH6fKrpM.gif
I don't know the context, but if the QB is out of the pocket, this is perfectly legal. It's how the texans game planed against roethlisberger and the steelers let year.

The hit against schaub is exactly what the league has been saying is no longer allowed, and I'm glad to see they actually give a suspension to back it up. Mays makes no attempt to wrap him up, nor put his arms out, he leads with his head directly into schaubs head.

Milchjon

What did Baked Pigeon get banned for? Dude always gets banned when the Cardinals are playing well, it's clockwork!

Wishing Rihanna got run over in a Pop thread doesn't go over so well. It may have been the talentless bitch part, too.

Still an overreaction, IMO.

eznark

Banned
I don't know the context, but if the QB is out of the pocket, this is perfectly legal. It's how the texans game planed against roethlisberger and the steelers let year.

The hit against schaub is exactly what the league has been saying is no longer allowed, and I'm glad to see they actually give a suspension to back it up. Mays makes no attempt to wrap him up, nor put his arms out, he leads with his head directly into schaubs head.

If you are defending the Jennings hit (I can't tell) let me know. I'd like to know if I can simply stop taking you seriously.

Top Bottom