• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Now to break up some of this football talk...

Anyone else having issues with their PS3? Every time I shut it down it beeps and then when powering back on it tells me it didn't shut down properly. Then it has to restore some system data. Happens every time now. Started about a week ago.

Or am I the only one still with a PS3 :(

Ha actually turned on my PS3 for the first time in months a few days ago and had that problem with shutting off. Didn't have the restore problem though.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I have no faith that this ref lockout will ever get solved this year.

I played Xenoblade for about 5 hours but I dropped it. I fully intend to go back to it but i'm gonna restart because there's so much info to absorb at first.

KingKong

Sick burn

Brandon Marshall took the high road, kind of, in response to a name-calling moment by NFL Network analyst Warren Sapp.

Sapp called Marshall a "retard" during a Friday appearance on "The Dan Patrick Show." Marshall then posted two videos on YouTube.com, via the Chicago Sun-Times, that warned against listening to Sapp.

"That's really disappointing to hear that from an NFL legend, but I'm going to take this as a lesson, and I think we can all learn from this: Be very careful who you take advice from," Marshall said Monday. "You want to surround yourself with good people, Godly people.

"When I look at Warren Sapp, I can't go to him and talk about finances because he filed for bankruptcy. I can't go to him and talk about my marriage because he filed for divorce. I can't go to him and talk to about being a great father when one day I have children because he's not active in his children's life. So the lesson we should all learn here is surround yourself with good people and be careful who you take counsel from. I'm not saying he's been there on my side giving me counsel, but that's not a guy that I can go to.

"You know, football doesn't make us. There's more to life than just playing football, so make sure you have a great balance in your life and surround yourself with good people. And guys like Warren Sapp, you know, I feel sorry for. Hopefully one day he'll change his life, we'll pray for him and instead of using words to destroy, he'll use words to uplift. So God bless you guys and have a great day."

Sapp, who played 13 seasons in the NFL before retiring after the 2007 season, opined on "The Dan Patrick Show" that today's NFL players have no respect for the past.

"These kids that play the game today have no relevance for the past, have no conscious of what it is," Sapp said. "I mean, Brandon Marshall talking about Shannon Sharpe, who is he to talk? He's the first 100-catch receiver, back-to-back, retard. What you just did in Denver for three years. You don't know this? No, of course he doesn't, because it's not about Brandon Marshall ... it ain't about the past, it's about me. It's about personal success, pay me, and now I'll think about being a team guy."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ndon-marshall-responds-to-warren-sapps-insult

Patriots sign Panthers draft bust Terrell McClain

It’s only been a few weeks since former Panthers defensive tackle Terrell McClain was the highest-drafted member of the 2011 Draft class to be cut by the team that picked him (a title since stolen by former Eagles safety Jaiquawn Jarrett).

Today, McClain’s a Patriot.

The Patriots announced they signed McClain, and released Marcus Forston to make room for him on the roster.

McClain was the 65th overall pick a year ago out of South Florida, but fell out of favor in Carolina after an inconsistent offseason and training camp.

McClain showed some flashes of penetrating ability, but despite getting plenty of snaps for an injury depleted Panthers team in 2011, he quickly fell down the depth chart this year, and was replaced by former Bills defensive tackle Dwan Edwards on the roster and in the starting lineup.

So what the deal with this guy, Panthers fans?

Edit: So this is already posted, maybe I should read the page first.

Bowser

So what the deal with this guys, Panthers fans?

Edit: So this is already posted, maybe I should read the page first.

He was a starter for all of last season until he got hurt, then had his job taken away from him by a cut lineman brought in literally 1 week before the season started.

Take that for what you will.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I keep hearing that the pass interference could not be called on review, and other things that can't be reviewed.

Is there a simple explanation to why not? Why bother with replay if some errors have to be overlooked, even when seen in replay?

cajunator

Banned
You guys should go through the trouble of setting up Dolphin to play it, it's worth it

Ive never tried Dolphin, but my computer definitely cant play it.
It cant even play Sim City 4.
I dont really PC game though and Im planning to pick up a decent sized HDTV this holiday. Any good deals on a 40 inch?

gutshot

render.htm

Is this the new....?

576x324_vickwhite.jpg

Giants practice report:

Ahmad Bradshaw will practice. Coughlin has already confirmed he will start on Sunday. He also says Andre Brown has "earned a role" which tells me he's likely the backup for Ahmad.

David Diehl will work on the side but will not practice. His status for Sunday is up in the air right now (please god let him sit).

Adewale Ojomo (Hamstring), Antrel Rolle (knee), Corey Wester (Broken Hand), Michael Coe (Hamstring) and Dominik Hixon (Concussion) will all practice.

Jayron Hosely (Hamstring) and Keith Rivers (Hamstring) and Hakeem Nicks (foot) will not. Nicks will go on Thursday (once a week) which is his normal schedule.

Other team news.

Redskins have officially announced the signing of RB Ryan Grant and Roy Helu has been placed on IR:

Dan Graziano @espn_nfceast

Redsksins officially announce that RB Ryan Grant is signed and RB Roy Helu is placed on injured reserve.

On the Eagles front, Jeremy Maclin who sat the Cardinals game will practice today:

Dan Graziano @espn_nfceast

RT @EaglesInsider: Jeremy Maclin, who missed last game with hip contusion, is practicing today, Reid says.

Reminder for those interested - Tom Coughlin's "A Football Life" episode airs tonight on NFLN!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ref situation update:

What what???

YES.

Then, the only thing to make it even better: A weekend even crazier than the previous one where the real refs screw up even more calls.

Top Bottom