• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

Sorry folks, but I have a fantasy football question:

Andy Dalton @Jax
Ryan Fitzpatrick v NE
Philip Rivers @KC

The rest of my team is awesome, but I think Philip Rivers may suck now, so QB roulette is in play.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
When is helmet to helmet downfield ever legal?
when its a running back?

I dont know the league needs more rules to make it clear!
He should probably be fined because his helmet hit the receivers helmet but i dont feel like it was that egregious.

Wow, congrats man. Pretty awesome you only had to deal with unemployment for a week.

thanks. Job market is hot in Houston. Makes for a good deal for me.

wienke said:
If true, ESPN has some explaining to do...

ESPN says no deal
The most recent update was only posted 10 minutes ago. That article was at 11:30am. I posted the update from Schefter on the last page around the time Mort started saying a deal was "at hand".

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The most recent update was only posted 10 minutes ago. That article was at 11:30am. I posted the update from Schefter on the last page around the time Mort started saying a deal was "at hand".

It was just weird that Mortenson himself wrote an article that was published 30 minutes before it switched.

Basically the original source must have sucked.

Narag

I hope I get a mike carey game this weekend. Preferably one with some esoteric penalties for him to describe in great detail.

This is what happens when the best team in the history of the NFL gets fucked with. Swift justice! Now we just need those real refs to start calling some of HoFinley's drops completions and we be square

Novid

Banned
Time for the rankings:

For the first time ever, ever and i hope to god It will never happen again, I will not move Green Bay or Seachickens up or down. That ending of that game should not even be mentioned ever in polite company. It wasnt D, it wasnt FADC or BEAST Mode that won the game. It was the refs who were once in a recent anime dressed up at samurai with crooked eyes that did this.

As for the rest of the rankings, Niners go down to 5th. Houston in 4th. Ravens go down one but. I have the cards at second, and the Falcons at first. Dont touch green bay or seachickens as i stated above. Eagles go down from 15th to 23rd and no end in sight for them. Im not afraid of putting teams with winning records down to the high twenties. Giants, Bears, Cowboys and others go up one. The rest stay as they are.

Time for the picks:

THURSDAY SEPT 27
CLE @ BAL

SUN SEPT 30
SD @ KC One week doesnt make a team.
SF @ NYJ Winning by timeout doesnt help you chances. Friar Tebow is coming.
SEA @ STL
CAR @ ATL
MIN @ DET
NE @ BUF Call it an Upset Pick.
TEN @ HOU Yall should be watching Impact. Seriously.

CIN @ JAC
MIA @ ARI Cards D is here to stay. But dont be suprised if Bush finds some good yards this game.
OAK @ DEN
WAS @ TB
NO @ GB

NY @ PHI Dramatic Finsh. But by Crooked Eye Refs? See Philly really go Santa Claus on those dudes.

MONDAY OCT 1
CHI @ DAL

Now a final word, and I want to state about management.

See, to have a game end like that is like Dragon Age/ Mass Effect folks talk about they know anime. They go Pew-Pew and have 3D and some shit. That’s crooked eyed bullshit folks. They don’t know how to end a game like the refs here, and they know nothing about the genre.

And speaking about the genre, there is a certain dude on a website that was bought by some dudes who only show pretty white female models all day (I’m not against that at all) who says the genre is led by preds and what not - what if i turned it around and stated that people who watched Toddlers and Tiara's or lets say Honey Boo Boo or wait the just recently canned pred shows on Nick were all preds? Or how about the Dance Mom's incident?

See, people that throw them glass stones and buddy these dude-bro's complaing their isn’t enough DBZ's and what not - do get what is coming to them. I dont defend what anime gaf watches or plays most of the time but im not a crooked eyed ref - that dont see that he’s being played for a sucka.

And staying on the Japanese topic and gaming - how about management in Capcom, Ninty, Sqeenix and yes, Sony? I stated from day one of this campaign that NFL management was just like Sony. Only more successful at it.

But now, their reaching Capcom status. It’s simple really. When you have product that was a little old and supported by a dude that reached the ranks of the company - trying to get a third version of Mega Man Legends and then when the dude leaves - you pretty much say fuck it and give the fan base a IOS game which looks so BAD its comical - its almost like saying Fuck it, the crooked eye refs arnt that bad - they just so cute with the crooked eyes... or with Sqeenix and saying we dont have any way to make HD towns... almost like saying that the Crooked Eye refs cant stop fights - cant call flags when a player nearly dies on the field when was a defenseless receiver... or better yet when you have the whole of green bay packers Inc. (which is a majority of Wisconsin) up in arms over management lack of a pension system for the refs.

Folks, when the rights holders realize that Management’s priority of protecting the all magical shield of the league, isnt working and they are worried about the future of the 50 BILLION dollar investment they have made - and baseball now becoming a dead property in the United States, with Basketball years away from a new deal etc there shitting there pants.
Think of the League as D & D. Everybody who is anybody remembers the First Generation. 3rd to 5th version rule book. It gave them two animated series (The CBS TV series, and the Japanese OVA which was partly based on D&D), two very underrated video games (on the AD&D side) and so on.

What happened on the 4th version?

Ick.

That’s what’s going on right now. The shield - the brand is more important than anything else. The Brand has become Network TV. The Brand Has become The Ad Man, The Ten Percenter to end all Ten Percenters. And thats why it can hunker down and talk bs like Ninty has done for the past several years. Because it’s the biggest game in the town. Because back in 1993 it made a UHF Network into a mega power over the fuck night. And were stuck.

But that doesn’t mean it can’t go down. But when it does, it will take everybody else with it. The ending of that game was bad enough. But what if it was the Super Bowl with 126 Million People watching?

That’s it for me this week... This has been:

Helvetica Standard~!

wienke said:
People will be eaten alive in this thread if the regular refs come back and people still complain.
You know it's going to happen.

TheLegendary said:
This is what happens when the best team in the history of the NFL gets fucked with.
It wasn't the refs that beat the Packers. The Packers beat themselves.

ZZMitch

You're welcome Rest of the NFL.

The Packers lost for your sins and now the Refs will return. You all owe it to the Packers for saving the season!

UberTag

Sorry folks, but I have a fantasy football question:

Andy Dalton @Jax
Ryan Fitzpatrick v NE
Philip Rivers @KC

The rest of my team is awesome, but I think Philip Rivers may suck now, so QB roulette is in play.
"May" suck now? MAY?!? Of course he sucks now. So does Gates.
This is pretty much a coin flip scenario.

Rivers has the best matchup.
Dalton is the hottest.

Fitzpatrick is at home and has scored the most TDs in the league, may only have a less-than-100% FJax available and is the one QB who will likely be down in the game and needing to pass heavily to keep it close.

My money's on the Amish Rifle.

You're welcome Rest of the NFL.

The Packers lost for your sins and now the Refs will return. You all owe it to the Packers for saving the season!

1013rkraft.jpg

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
GB = Gigantic Babies. Suck it up.

Even if the regular refs return for Sunday, the replacements have a final shot at redemption on Thursday. Do it for the Browns! Do it for justice! Run from the murderer!

gutshot said:
I'm missing the part where this deal confirms that theory...
Refs compromised on the back up pool. That was reported earlier this morning.

RT @AlbertBreer: NFL wanted 21 full-time officials added. Compromise agreed on: 21 guys in developmental program, work w/crews during week, promoted on merit

Now, there's a deal "at hand". Connect the dots.

I don't care about bad calls, they happen.

The real refs actually have a strong grasp of the basic rules and aren't easily intimidated by coaches and players.

bionic77

GB = Gigantic Babies. Suck it up.

Even if the regular refs return for Sunday, the replacements have a final shot at redemption on Thursday. Do it for the Browns! Do it for justice! Run from the murderer!
I was thinking the exact same thing!

These clowns are out the door anyways and have nothing to lose. If these refs have any balls they will lead the Browns to victory in a game that we will remember for all time!

Go Browns!

Top Bottom