• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

Jets RB Joe McKnight is moving to cornerback "in a near full-time role."

This is apparently the Jets' plan to offset the loss of Darrelle Revis. "He’ll have a role on offense, but we’re also teaching him how to play corner," coach Rex Ryan said. "Not quite a full-time capacity, but he’s going to be over there a ton in the meetings and everything else. ... He has the necessary skills to be able to play corner. He’s got the speed, the size, the athleticism, the ball skills." McKnight was a star corner in high school, but that was over half a decade ago. The move speaks to both the Jets' increasingly flawed roster, and McKnight's disappointing production at running back.
DEIf2.gif

Fox318

They can certainly do worse than my fantasy teams.
I'm an overpowering 3-0 dominant force in the GAF money league.

And Bills fans will never have any hope in their team until they beat somebody good.
They haven't beaten anybody good this year and they've lost to a terrible team in the J-E-T-S.

When Buffalo does beat a decent team, we'll get our hopes up only to have them crushed by failure and disappointment as we'll get teased and jerked around until the inevitable playoff run collapse.

You are 1-2 in the eco league.

Bills will win this week.

harSon said:
Voted most livable cities for like half a decade now :)
I love Pittsburgh. Downtown Pittsburgh especially. If I lived there, I'd balloon up to 300 pounds with amount of amazing food.

Peppi's Sandwich shop alone. The #7 (formerly known as the Roethlisberger)

roethlisburger_small.gif

*drool*

Add in Permanti's and breakfast at Deluca's as well. Fucking amazing food.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Voted most livable cities for like half a decade now :)

I hope to one day be able to visit all the other AFC North stadiums for a game. Pittsburgh is tops on my list. Especially with it only being 5-6hr drive away from me it seems.

Baltimore may require some planning.

Godslay

Banned
Like the Seahawks right?

I know that it's not a popular view, but the Packers should have put the game out of the reach of the officials. It's one game out of a huge sample of games, which have been reffed largely without issue. The fact of the matter is in 99.9% of the cases is the better team that day won. There's really no excuses, you got beat and the better team won. The same is true for the Broncos losses.

UberTag

You are 1-2 in the eco league.

Bills will win this week.
Eco league doesn't matter.
I can win cab fare in that league and was half asleep when I drafted my team.
No Quitters shall always take precedence.

I beat you in the Eco League and I'll beat you in the NQ4 League.
I'm not sure whether you can even take down Robbie Gould and company this week. At least you've gotten smart by leaving Chris Johnson on your bench. You're making progress.

Godslay

Banned
Because....no. Texans will probably be 10-6. 11-5 at best.

Trying to keep expectations down. Believe in your team, they are good. Should win a minimum of 12 games given that the Ravens and the Packers are about the toughest competition they play this year.

Smokey

Trying to keep expectations down. Believe in your team, they are good. Should win a minimum of 12 games given that the Ravens and the Packers are about the toughest competition they play this year.

no faith.

assuming everyone important stays healthy, read: schaub
At best would be like 13-3 14-2 considering their schedule.

Since when is 10-11 wins considered lowered expectations or "no faith". I've been on this Texans train for too long, I'm not assuming anything.

jmdajr

Still Humble Texan here.
A trip to the AFC Championship game, or a 2nd, 1st seed would be awesome regardless of team record.

The Arizona Cardinals have the same amount of victories as the Saints, Packers, Patriots, and Steelers combined.

Maybe this really is the year of the apocalypse.
Dammit Pigeon, quit getting banned! I was going to dig into why and then I saw your later post about slamming Rhianna :| You're going down this week in FF btw!
Oh I did not know bill turned it over. He was the reason we played in damn sun devil stadium for all those years, and had such shit teams. I remember when we had Jake the snake and beat the cowboys in the only playoffs we got to at that point.

I guess that explains why the team spends money now I guess lol. Learn something new every day.
Yeah man, thank god for the son! Michael knew our image as well as the fans discontent and has worked hard to change things, I've been pretty pleased thus far.
It's only week 3 so of course there is a lot of overhype. ESpn polls and analysts are ranking the fucking Cardinals as one of the top three teams in the Nfl based on record alone in week 3 and the hive mind follows.

It happens every year. Cardinals may make the playoffs due to there shitty and cheating division but they would be an easy last place in the NFC North if we swapped them with our bottom dweller the Vikings.

First off, power rankings change by the week and reflect performances. The Cards SHOULD be a top team in the rankings because we are one of three undefeated teams. That's how it works.

Do you watch football? Welcome to the 2012 season where it's clear that the NFC West is going to be one of the top few divisions in the league. If Seattle becomes a decent team anyway, Cards and Niners sure as hell will represent. The NFC North is a joke right now and you guys have lost all your games to the NFC West, no? Although I agree the Seattle win on GB was bs. I'd rather play any NFC North team twice than the Niners and I wouldn't be surprised if SF feels the same after snagging sound victories on both the Pack and Lions. I can't help but feel like you're just being extra salty because the Lions are shit right now and the Cards undefeated. Calm down man, as you said, it's only week 3 and the Lions will surely turn it around. We can't stay undefeated forever, etc etc

That said, we are now hitting an easier portion of our schedule and if we achieve 7-0 which is very achievable, heading into the game against the Niners, we'll be hard pressed not to make the playoffs. Once in the playoffs, guess what wins those games? Defense, so all your fatford comments go out the window. I'm not saying we're going to beat everyone and despite how I probably sound this week in this thread, I'm not letting our start get to my head. I've been talking up our defense since last year and spouted constantly that we would be a top 10 defense this year and 5 by next season at the latest in the off season, FMT in the least knows this. This Cards team did not come from nowhere like some of you have suggested. Kolb playing Smith style conservative ball and the patched up OL's admirable job are the only surprises.

MechDX

no faith.

assuming everyone important stays healthy, read: schaub
At best would be like 13-3 14-2 considering their schedule.

Yup. I still have them pegged as a loss against the Jets in a couple weeks. We just like to shit the bed against the Jets for some reason.

Godslay

Banned
Since when is 10-11 wins considered lowered expectations or "no faith". I've been on this Texans train for too long, I'm not assuming anything.

So be it. Doesn't take away from the fact that it's a cake schedule in the weakest division in the NFL imo.

I also see that SquallASF is here. I'd like to eat a little crow and say I was wrong about the Cards. They are looking good, and got good wins over quality opponents. Hopefully they can maintain it, because they are fun to watch.

Jets needs for the 2013 draft.
  1. RB - Tanny hates to take a rb high but he fucking better. Maybe Marcus Lattimore?
  2. OLB - Maybe Maybin can turn it around?
  3. OL
  4. TE - Unless Hayden Smith starts to look good by the end of the year.
  5. WR
  6. S

I was curious to see how Greene would do with LT gone, didn't do much last year but he's not improving this season either?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jets needs for the 2013 draft.
  1. RB - Tanny hates to take a rb high but he fucking better. Maybe Marcus Lattimore?
  2. OLB - Maybe Maybin can turn it around?
  3. OL
  4. TE - Unless Hayden Smith starts to look good by the end of the year.
  5. WR
  6. S

High draft RBs are a waste.

Hopefully they give Powell more playing time. He's looked good in his limited usage so far.

cdyhybrid

I know that it's not a popular view, but the Packers should have put the game out of the reach of the officials. It's one game out of a huge sample of games, which have been reffed largely without issue. The fact of the matter is in 99.9% of the cases is the better team that day won. There's really no excuses, you got beat and the better team won. The same is true for the Broncos losses.

The Packers could have won if:

A) They didn't allow 8 sacks in a half.
B) Aaron Rodgers throws a single TD pass.

They also got gifted their only TD pass on a phantom PI call on Kam Chancellor.

Packers need to quit whining, they have only themselves to blame for leaving the game in the hands of the scabs. Soft, entitled motherfuckers.

squicken

Knew the Karft money would end the lockout after the Pats loss, and knew the league wouldn't dream of suspending Belichick. Don't care, really, just suspend criminal Browner

icKw1UH6fKrpM.gif

Weekly awards are starting to work their way out:

NFL Offensive Player of the Week: Larry Fitzgerald
AFC Offensive Player of the Week: Jamaal Charles
NFC Special Teams Player of the Week: Lawrence Tynes
AFC Special Teams Player of the Week: Darius Reynaud

Nothing on the defense as of yet from what I've seen.

Top Bottom