• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

cdyhybrid

Knew the Karft money would end the lockout after the Pats loss, and knew the league wouldn't dream of suspending Belichick. Don't care, really, just suspend criminal Browner

icKw1UH6fKrpM.gif

Fucking criminals shoving a football player during a play!

MechDX

and the Ravens... 0-5

I think we've beat everyone else on the schedule.
Green bay, Bears, Patriots, etc.

edit: wow, never beat the vikings either

Head-to-Head Franchise Record

We beat the Ravens this year. Like last year when the talking heads (Lombardi mostly) kept saying we were a finesse team, soft and couldnt beat a tough physical team and the Texans pummeled the Steelers. Dont think for a minute the players didnt see the talk in the offseason where people were saying they were one Schaub away from the AFCCG. They saw it and they know they must beat Baltimore.

I dont get how the Ravens game is a noon start though. I would have bet for a pimetime game for that one but we play the Jets in primetime instead.

Bowser

The Packers could have won if:

A) They didn't allow 8 sacks in a half.
B) Aaron Rodgers throws a single TD pass.

They also got gifted their only TD pass on a phantom PI call on Kam Chancellor.

Packers need to quit whining, they have only themselves to blame for leaving the game in the hands of the scabs. Soft, entitled motherfuckers.

You forgot:

C) If the refs didn't call a GB INT a SEA TD

Weekly awards are starting to work their way out:

NFL Offensive Player of the Week: Larry Fitzgerald
AFC Offensive Player of the Week: Jamaal Charles
NFC Special Teams Player of the Week: Lawrence Tynes
AFC Special Teams Player of the Week: Darius Reynaud

Nothing on the defense as of yet from what I've seen.

Defensive player of the week- MD Jennings for his interception to end the game on Monday Night Football

Coincidental contact. He's clearly reaching out with his hands to shove Jennings and was not leading with the head.

HAHAHAAH

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
We beat the Ravens this year. Like last year when the talking heads (Lombardi mostly) kept saying we were a finesse team, soft and couldnt beat a tough physical team and the Texans pummeled the Steelers. Dont think for a minute the players didnt see the talk in the offseason where people were saying they were one Schaub away from the AFCCG. They saw it and they know they must beat Baltimore.

I dont get how the Ravens game is a noon start though. I would have bet for a pimetime game for that one but we play the Jets in primetime instead.

yea my guess is both the texans and ravens are at max primetime games, which is 5 IIRC.
I think it should be another 3:25 game. Should be a good matchup. At least the texans dont have to play them after they come off a bye like they did twice last year.

squicken

Coincidental contact. He's clearly reaching out with his hands to shove Jennings and was not leading with the head.

He launches. It's really one of the cheapest plays I've ever seen in a game. That's not hyperbole. Head to chin. Launch. Away from ball. Not a football play. He did it to injure. He really should miss mutliple games but they'll never do that. The NFLPA cares so much about player safety they go bonkers when one player tries to end the career of another and misses a game check

TheLegendary said:
Defensive player of the week- MD Jennings for his interception to end the game on Monday Night Football
Simultaneous catch. The league supports the upholding of the call. You didn't get the leagues memo, did you?:D

cdyhybrid

You forgot:

C) If the refs didn't call a GB INT a SEA TD

They got gifted their only TD. They need to deal with it. Play better in the first half and they're never in that situation in the first place.

Clemons won NFC DPOW by the way.

It's take the complaints about the Browner hit a little more seriously if the posters didn't all have Packer avatars and/or were Squicken. Packers got handled because they were soft and relied on scab refs making a correct call to win.

cdyhybrid

No I'm pretty sure the Packers got in the end zone on their own.

Yeah, a phantom PI on a third down play surely didn't have any affect on that drive. Learn your lesson Packer fans, this is what happens when you build your entire team around a finesse offense and ignore the defense. Same thing happened when you played San Fran and it will happen if/when you play Arizona.

bionic77

NFL has no balls.

Harbaugh's fine should have been a lot higher and Billicheat should have been suspended for a game.

The message from the league is that coach's are not accountable for their actions and will be held to a different standard then the players.

I am going to push some NFL magazine racks over in protest! To the streets!

MechDX

Love how NFL GAF is starting to get on the Texans bandwagon yet their own fans here are all like "Nope.Uh uh. Not gonna happen." Hell Im worried about this week against the Titans. #1 in power rankings is the kiss of death this year.

We know better.

Yeah, a phantom PI on a third down play surely didn't have any affect on that drive. Learn your lesson Packer fans, this is what happens when you build your entire team around a finesse offense and ignore the defense. Same thing happened when you played San Fran and it will happen if/when you play Arizona.
Our defense was pretty good during the super bowl run in 10-11. Its largely the same unit, sans Cullen Jenkins and Nick Collins.

you'd think. maybe they will now that mcknight will be covering people in the secondary
Yeah, you never know for sure of course but on paper it seems like a no-brainer. The Texans are a better team passing and running on offense and defense. I don't see a single advantage for the Jets in that matchup.

That Bills-Jets game in Week 1 still confuses me, though.

Love how NFL GAF is starting to get on the Texans bandwagon yet their own fans here are all like "Nope.Uh uh. Not gonna happen." Hell Im worried about this week against the Titans. #1 in power rankings is the kiss of death this year.

We know better.
I'm only commenting on it because I've seen the Dolphins play both teams and from that there is really no comparison. The Texans-Dolphins game was a little strange because of that crazy bout of turnovers that the Fins had at the end of the first half but they still seem like a much more solid team than the Jets.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Wouldn't a team built around the offense and having a poor defense result in a game that was more like 34-27 instead of 14-12?

Our defense was anything other than poor last monday.

jmdajr

We know better.

I hope the Titans O line is as horrible as some people say. Pehaps the Lions couldn't get through, but I hope it's swiss cheese for us.

NFL has no balls.

Harbaugh's fine should have been a lot higher and Billicheat should have been suspended for a game.

The message from the league is that coach's are not accountable for their actions and will be held to a different standard then the players.

Look at this criminal behavior.

NFL has no balls.

Harbaugh's fine should have been a lot higher and Billicheat should have been banned from the league.

fixed.

We know better.

Not me. I'm still a firm believer in the Cycle. The Texans will self-destruct before its all said and done. Like they always do.

The kicker ruined!

If that asshole didn't kick it out of bounds on the kickoff the coverage unit and defense would have had a shot of winning the game. Once it went out of bounds the Panthers were fucked.

Kraft paid off Kasay.

d[-_-]b

Banned
Jets needs for the 2013 draft.
  1. QB/Whole O-Line...
  2. RB - Tanny hates to take a rb high but he fucking better. Maybe Marcus Lattimore?
  3. OLB - Maybe Maybin can turn it around?
  4. OL
  5. TE - Unless Hayden Smith starts to look good by the end of the year.
  6. WR
  7. S
There helped you out...

Top Bottom