• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

That's exactly what I'm saying though. The game was not decided on one play. It never is. There were dozens of other plays either team could have made to avoid being in the situation that occurred on the final play. The Packers have no one to blame but themselves. You KNEW the refs were fucking awful and you should have expected something stupid to happen if it came down to a jump ball situation like that. They should have played better and gone ahead more if they wanted to avoid that.

Oh the delicious irony coming from Seahawk fans given SBXL.

Bowser

Barnwell said there were achilles issues that preceded the blowout and the team extended him and let him play anyway. Say what you what about Barnwell, but few people on the Earth on dumber than Hurney. So I'll side with Barnwell

He had achilles tendinitis in the offseason before 2011, but no one really thought it was a major issue. Obviously, he rushed himself back and aggravated it into a tear, but at the time the deal was signed in July, it didn't seem to be anything major.

I'd agree but that's not saying much. Doesn't mean the terrible calls were some ticky tack stuff. It was pretty bad.

Yeah, but when Steeler fans tried to explain that there were like 90 other plays for the Seahawks to take the game, Seahawk fans closed their ears and went, "Nah, nah, nah I can't hear you!" And now here comes the same exact argument to Packer fans. So you'll have to forgive them if they don't want to hear it right now.

Poor BakedPigeon got banned in that Rihanna thread, sure i hate the bitch more than anyone but saying that in a thread that attracts her creepy stalkers and fanboys wasn't the best idea.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Did anybody post this yet?

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/9/26/3412434/q13-fox-exclusive-angle-tates-catch

It's from a hawks blog, yes, but it certainly isn't as flattering to Jennings as the angle the national media is endlessly replaying.

Convincing argument. ESPN camera guy should be fired for being a bum. It's pretty obvious that Tate had the ball pinned against his shoulder when they hit the ground and not the other way around like everybody claims to have seen.

Just so it's clear:

jennings-interception1.jpg

Tate has one hand at best on the ball. His hand is on Jennings' arm.

jennings-interception2.jpg

Tate's arm completely away from the ball in front of Jennings' face.

Some people are more blind than the replacement refs.

Cagey

Banned
They're all in the air.

Tate actually lands with two feet before Jennings does.

:jnc

Love stirring pots!

Yep, and in the second still shot when Tate lands, the ball is arguably pressed against his shoulder with Jennings prying it away (admittedly with two hands).

This play being so controversial because it's "a clear mistake" is horrible. It's a debatable call, at best, but lol replacement refs, must be a mistake.

Just so it's clear:

Some people are more blind than the replacement refs.

Tate has the ball pinned to his shoulder in the second picture you posted. In the video I posted Jennings is clearly trying to wrench the ball away from Tate as soon as they hit the ground, if he had such solid, slam-dunk possession of the ball that there's no way simultaneous possession could be called, why would he be struggling? Notice Tate is practically unmoving.

Did anybody post this yet?

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/9/26/3412434/q13-fox-exclusive-angle-tates-catch

It's from a hawks blog, yes, but it certainly isn't as flattering to Jennings as the angle the national media is endlessly replaying.

That's interesting. Starting to lose the animosity I had against the original ruling. IF, and this is a big if, Jennings lost control enough on the way down that Tate was able to take possession, then it wouldn't be much different than other fumbles or reverse-interceptions (whatever that means) I've seen with non-Hail Mary plays. However, the offensive pass interference was definitely not called as it should have been.

That's interesting. Starting to lose the animosity I had against the original ruling. IF, and this is a big if, Jennings lost control enough on the way down that Tate was able to take possession, then it wouldn't be much different than other fumbles or reverse-interceptions (whatever that means) I've seen with non-Hail Mary plays. However, the offensive pass interference was definitely not called as it should have been.

No one in their right mind will argue that. A little push is normal on Hail Mary's, a two handed shove is not.

Greg

ESPN's Sports Science already broke the play down and said it was impossible for Tate to have the ball.

John Brenkus wins - it's science.

Narag

Poor BakedPigeon got banned in that Rihanna thread, sure i hate the bitch more than anyone but saying that in a thread that attracts her creepy stalkers and fanboys wasn't the best idea.

He knew better. Comments like that made him a bigger target than her forehead.

ESPN's Sports Science already broke the play down and said it was impossible for Tate to have the ball.

John Brenkus wins - it's science.
If a defender tackles a offensive player with the ball and touches it with one hand, it is then an interception according the the Transitive Property of Possession.

150px-John_Brenkus_2010_Indy_500_Practice_Day_2.JPG

Top Bottom