• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

Quikies83

Dexter McCluster was limited in practice today and actually has a shot at playing this sunday...
One tough little fucker. That injury looked nasty.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Just so it's clear:

jennings-interception1.jpg

Tate has one hand at best on the ball. His hand is on Jennings' arm.

jennings-interception2.jpg

Tate's arm completely away from the ball in front of Jennings' face.

Some people are more blind than the replacement refs.

Somehow, I just still have this feeling that part of this must be Jarrett Bush's fault.

Random question: What is it that makes the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders so 'special'?

They've never seemed any more attractive or talented than any other team's squad.

squicken

To follow up on my Apple rant the iPhone is pretty meh. Maybe it's just overly familiar but it seems like they should have done something more with the extra screen space than add a row of icons. I get that they want to maintain UI consistency across all devices, but it seems they've fallen behind a bit in the "cool" factor. I used to get excited when I got a new gadget but with this, not so much

I like the performance boost and LTE though. I still really hate that I have to use a third party web browser to download direct linked mp3s

bionic77

To follow up on my Apple rant the iPhone is pretty meh. Maybe it's just overly familiar but it seems like they should have done something more with the extra screen space than add a row of icons. I get that they want to maintain UI consistency across all devices, but it seems they've fallen behind a bit in the "cool" factor. I used to get excited when I got a new gadget but with this, not so much

I like the performance boost and LTE though. I still really hate that I have to use a third party web browser to download direct linked mp3s
Looks like Fox got to you.

I hope Android pays him well for dat marketing.

squicken

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF
How destructive is J.J. Watt? On 21.7% of all pass rushes he's either bated a pass or picked up a sack, hit or hurry

Looks like Fox got to you.

I hope Android pays him well for dat marketing.

I've kind of ruled out Android, but am thinking of switching to WP8. But that's really based on there not being enough info on it and the hope it might be better. The more I looked into Android the more I realized it had too many issues

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF
How destructive is J.J. Watt? On 21.7% of all pass rushes he's either bated a pass or picked up a sack, hit or hurry

I've kind of ruled out Android, but am thinking of switching to WP8. But that's really based on there not being enough info on it and the hope it might be better. The more I looked into Android the more I realized it had too many issues

Such as what?

Bowser

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF

IZOBf.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ESPNStatsInfo
Joe McKnight has played one defensive snap in NFL; it resulted in a Joe Flacco interception that was returned for a touchdown (Week 4, 2011)

The next Revis.

bionic77

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF

I was just kidding, but Windows phones seem like the worst alternative.

On one hand it is just a phone, but MS seems to have come way too late into the phone market. Their phones don't seem to get enough apps if that is your thing. And I don't see that changing with 8, despite the quality of the OS.

Nokia really fucked up by not supporting Android IMHO.

Milchjon

I was just kidding, but Windows phones seem like the worst alternative.

On one hand it is just a phone, but MS seems to have come way too late into the phone market. Their phones don't seem to get enough apps if that is your thing. And I don't see that changing with 8, despite the quality of the OS.

Nokia really fucked up by not supporting Android IMHO.

Depends on what you ask your phone to do. It can do all the basic stuff very well, some of it better than all competitors, and looks a lot better as well. As for apps, there's missing stuff, but almost everything I ever needed/wanted is there (except Instagram). And it's not like it's going to get any worse.

As for Nokia, it's not like anyone but Samsung makes money on Android. People act like it would've been a sure thing, but there's enough struggling competitors on Android.

And for purely selfish reasons, I'm happy they did it. I wouldn't be half as excited about the Lumia 800/920 if it didn't run WP.

bionic77

Depends on what you ask your phone to do. It can do all the basic stuff very well, some of it better than all competitors, and looks a lot better as well. As for apps, there's missing stuff, but almost everything I ever needed/wanted is there (except Instagram). And it's not like it's going to get any worse.

As for Nokia, it's not like anyone but Samsung makes money on Android. People act like it would've been a sure thing, but there's enough struggling competitors on Android.

And for purely selfish reasons, I'm happy they did it. I wouldn't be half as excited about the Lumia 800/920 if it didn't run WP.
I actually like Android phones now. Whatever Jet says I thought they were pure and utter garbage before ICS and JB. But with those updates and the newer phones they are actually pretty decent now. They have caught up to the miracle that was the iPhone4 and Apple has not really advanced things past that much.

All of the phones pretty much work. I just wouldn't bet on the unproven platform of Windows when the other two work, but it isn't my money so it isn't like I will cry if you buy some other phone.

Speaking of football. The games this week are tough as balls for my office pick em.

tmdorsey

I'm curious to see what the 3rd party app developers out there do with the extra space. Maybe I'm just getting old, but all I want it something that works and works well. The smooth UI experience and app selection are the main things that keep me going back to Apple.

I'm curious to see what the 3rd party app developers out there do with the extra space. Maybe I'm just getting old, but all I want it something that works and works well. The smooth UI experience and app selection are the main things that keep me going back to Apple.

Jelly Bean is butter! Runs faster/smoother than my brothers' iPhone 4S. Not hitches or anything. Love it.

squicken

Such as what?

I don't like the hardware heterogeneity. I also don't like every single manufacturer skinning their devices with bloatware. If there were a Nexus device that was relatively I recent I would have considered it.

Like I said about WP8, it's biggest thing is I don't know enough about it yet to know what I don't like. What I do like is the larger and wider screens and tile things on the lock screen. As far as apps, not a big deal for me. About the only ones I consistently use are 3rd party podcast downloading apps.

Top Bottom