• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

AndresON777

shooting blanks
What I hate about playing madden online is that people go for it on 4th down and go for 2all of the time.

It's not real football

I'll play you when I get it Gata (360)

being a Pats fan I assume you do what I hate lol

eznark

Banned

def-asterisk.gif

Kiryu

The BAL/NE game changed on a 3 and 6 PI call.I am positive of that.

Goddammit Mayo.
I feel you.
It's just Scab refs to change the huge outcome of the game.
Same with Kam Chancellor PI Call that gave Packers a lone touchdown which they shouldn't have won in first place.

How do you stop the 49ers run game in Madden? I just had a guy go for almost 400 yards on the ground on me. Everything he was calling was mainly to the outside with counters and plays pulling the guards. Nothing I was doing was working. WR's held their blocks forever and all of his linemen just fell into place perfectly play after play. I could not penetrate any of the gaps with blitz's and putting my ends into the flats just opened things up even more. He just blew right by them. He also had 12 broken tackles, which seemed really fucking high.

the only way to stop the 49ers running game is to have the 49ers defense

Sokantish

FMT walked all over the Vikings defense in Madden. Of course I'm the worst player ever when it comes to defense so I don't know how much of the blame goes to the Vikings

Thing about Madden is it relies more on the teams and players you pick more so then the calls you make.

The phrase "any given Sunday" means nothing in Madden.

Sokantish

Well Ponder has had two games with a perfect QB rating. That's not too bad right? The other three games weren't so pretty though...

Thing about Madden is it relies more on the teams and players you pick more so then the calls you make.

that is loser talk. head on over to our madden franchise, and take a gander at some of the top teams in the league:

bills
raiders
bucs
steelers
eagles
colts

all trash in real life but good in the league. you can compete with any other team in madden if you know what you're doing

Fox318

that is loser talk. head on over to our madden franchise, and take a gander at some of the top teams in the league:

bills
raiders
bucs
steelers
eagles
colts

all trash in real life but good in the league. you can compete with any other team in madden if you know what you're doing

Bills are not trash, their fans just think they are.

filler

Banned

bills
raiders
bucs
steelers
eagles
colts

DAT RAIDUH SPEED

I bet Al drafted speed, just so he could win in Madden.

Mifune

Mehmber
Bills are not trash, their fans just think they are.

I don't. If we fail to win a wildcard spot this year I will be really disappointed. I'm expecting it.

Dominant O-line. A D-line that has potential for dominance. Two stud running backs. That should be enough to get to the playoffs.

bluemax

Banned
:lol Ben is the only one of them with a losing record.

Seattle fans is Carroll always that conservative on offense? Gameplan was super predictable. If they would have slanged it early on they would have needed the refs to do whatever the fuck it was they did in that game. I still think the Pats defense is susceptible to a good passing attack. And Wilson looked HORRIBLE against the blitz. Packers brought it so many times last night and he never seemed to know how to react. Even on that 4th down play which should have been an easy TD.

I am a little jelly over that. The Steelers can't tackle or play defense either, but when we start blitzing it seems to get worse!

When he's starting a new QB? Yes. He did the same shit at USC with Barkley, Sanchez, Booty and Leinart to varying degrees. He got more conservative after he forced Norm Chow to leave and after Sarkisian and Kiffin left.

Pete didn't like their play call styles or all the credit they got (especially Chow) so he's taken great lengths to surround himself with NFL retread OCs who he can brow beat into his style of football.

Seattle is the only team in the NFL right now that has run for more yards than it has thrown.

This is patently false. Some of the worst teams of the past 5 years have been the most dominant in the GAF Madden Leagues because they've been controlled by better players. Meanwhile super over rated teams like the Chargers were controlled by scrubs like myself and never amounted to anything more than a Wildcard and first round exit.

I mean fuck, the GAF Madden record for single season interceptions is currently held by TOM BRADY.

squicken

http://www.advancednflstats.com/201...Advanced+NFL+Stats)&utm_content=Google+Reader

Here's what I think the problem is. The NFL has a yardage inflation problem. Offenses fly up and down the field with ease in the modern NFL. A generation or two ago, a 10 or 15 yd penalty was a more severe blow. These days, not so much.

So the level of pain might need to be increased. For example, holding might need to be a 15 yd penalty now. Pass interference might need to include an extra 10 yds. Perhaps personal fouls should be 20 or 25 yds. Helmet-to-helmet violations might need to be 30 yds. Yes, those are stiff consequences, but we'd ultimately see far fewer flags, and the game would flow so much better. On net there might be fewer total penalty yards despite the stiffer yardage consequences, because players would be more reluctant to hold, interfere, etc...

///
Think of it this way: In the 1970s a speeding ticket might have cost about $30. If it were still just 30 bucks in 2012, people would be far more reckless on the road because of inflation. A $30 fine just isn't as painful in 2012 as it was in 1972. The NFL has a yard-inflation problem, so just as the states have to raise the price of a speeding ticket to maintain the same level of deterrence, the NFL needs to raise the pain of rule violations.

That's kind of an interesting thought. It does seem like holding isn't the drive killer it was just 10 years ago. So offenses and defenses are willing to push the limits of officials b/c the yardage is diluted. Make the penalties more severe, players gamble less, less penalties called and games flow better

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Patriots get revenge for last year this week.

You're probably right. Your team can cheat to Super Bowl wins, ignore every rule in the rulebook (including minor infractions like clothing regs) and your coach can physically assault a ref on national TV and get a little slap on the pee-pee. There is nothing you can't do. Except win legimately, but you people have shown you just don't care about that.

TITAL TOHWN USA! BEST CITY IN AMERICUH! WICKED COOL PLACE TO LIVE!

cdyhybrid

This is patently false. Some of the worst teams of the past 5 years have been the most dominant in the GAF Madden Leagues because they've been controlled by better players. Meanwhile super over rated teams like the Chargers were controlled by scrubs like myself and never amounted to anything more than a Wildcard and first round exit.

I mean fuck, the GAF Madden record for single season interceptions is currently held by TOM BRADY.

The GAF league is just ahead of the real-life one. Life will be imitating art.

Slo

http://www.advancednflstats.com/201...Advanced+NFL+Stats)&utm_content=Google+Reader

That's kind of an interesting thought. It does seem like holding isn't the drive killer it was just 10 years ago. So offenses and defenses are willing to push the limits of officials b/c the yardage is diluted. Make the penalties more severe, players gamble less, less penalties called and games flow better

If we're going to start going to 15 and 20 yard penalties, we might well just go 5 WR every play. The running game would be completely irrelevant.

NFL Network bringing in the big guns for the browns
The NFL Network is pleased to assign our top broadcast crew of Brad Nessler, Mike Mayock, and Alex Flanaganto to this week's Thursday night game between the Baltimore Ravens and the Cleveland Browns.  The Ravens are coming off an impressive victory over the defending AFC Champion New England Patriots while the youthful Browns are showing continuous improvement each and every week.  Be sure to catch this bitter grudge match between two evenly matched rivals on the NFL Network this Thursday night!

Also everyone follow my head coach on twitter, he'll be be live tweeting the game
https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/FakePatShurmur

You're probably right. Your team can cheat to Super Bowl wins, ignore every rule in the rulebook (including minor infractions like clothing regs) and your coach can physically assault a ref on national TV and get a little slap on the pee-pee. There is nothing you can't do. Except win legimately, but you people have shown you just don't care about that.

lol

Milchjon

The others I won't argue about, but how is the last one seemingly so ridiculous?
If I finally manage to get my career plan off the ground
it's mainly based on winning the lottery. It's foolproof, really
, I'll get me a nice house on Beacon Hill!

Edit: I meant "when", not "if", duh.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

I'm of the exact opposite mind. I think they should reduce the severity of the penalties, but call all of them. Football can be difficult to watch sometimes, because even though a penalty can be called, it's not. I don't think it's a matter of bad officiating, it's more a matter of a league wide effort to allow for more offense in the game. So, instead of relaxing the rules as the NFL is currently doing, I say enforce the rules, but make them less severe. Same result, more offense, while offering more clarity.

jakncoke

Banned
I'm of the exact opposite mind. I think they should reduce the severity of the penalties, but call all of them. Football can be difficult to watch sometimes, because even though a penalty can be called, it's not. I don't think it's a matter of bad officiating, it's more a matter of a league wide effort to allow for more offense in the game. So, instead of relaxing the rules as the NFL is currently doing, I say enforce the rules, but make them less severe. Same result, more offense, while offering more clarity.

and slow down the game more? tv loves your idea, more commercials !

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The others I won't argue about, but how is the last one seemingly so ridiculous?
If I finally manage to get my career plan off the ground
it's mainly based on winning the lottery. It's foolproof, really
, I'll get me a nice house on Beacon Hill!

Edit: I meant "when", not "if", duh.

I know that basically anyplace in America is better than the German hell you're currently in, but there are better places in the US than Boston. Like, for instance, anywhere that isn't Detroit, Dayton or Wisconsin. Dream bigger!

Top Bottom