• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

eznark

Banned
Hope you guys are ready for the gun show

ed.jpg

Can't wait to get rid of these scabs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpabxEiZvlI

MattDoza

I know it's annoying topic to talk about...

Yeah It's Jenning/Golden play...

I do have the raw video of that last play...

http://www.kirotv.com/videos/sports/raw-watch-hawks-disputed-touchdown/vfFgS/

Different point of view but could see Golden Tate had one arm on one ball.

http://www.q13fox.com/videogallery/72542094/Sports/Seahawks-catch-exclusive-angle

Another, better, angle. Still...

662896303.jpg

And in case you're stuck staring and wondering whose arm that really is, Golden Tate is not wearing black wrist tape and M.D. Jennings is, so that was how I determined whose arm+hand was on the ball.

Tabris

You should probably post it on the next page then!

Nice ninja edit :p

Go Hawks

Do we have any NFL GAFer's from San Diego?

If so I will be in San Diego for work during November 1st and I'm going to go buy tickets to the game. The tickets are so amazingly cheap at Qualcomm Stadium - like $120 bucks for a ticket that costs $500+ at Centurylink which is the closest to me (Seattle).

What I want to know is where the best seats are. I was thinking of going for Plaza Row A. No one infront of you and slightly elevated from field which seems obstructed.

Love how NFL GAF is starting to get on the Texans bandwagon yet their own fans here are all like "Nope.Uh uh. Not gonna happen." Hell Im worried about this week against the Titans. #1 in power rankings is the kiss of death this year.

We know better.

Yep. Depressing, but yep.

squicken

I have a feeling Kraft was behind this all along.

Nothing was going to happen until a big team got screwed. NE didn't really get screwed but they have gripes, and GB is a big public team. I think there was a good point made by Florio that it would have been really difficult to send a crew of fake refs to Lando this weekend

cdyhybrid

Would have no effect, he already has the pocket presence and mobility of Bledsoe.

Besides, if StL is smart they'll run it every down and win by 2 TDs.

Won't work, there's no passing threat. Packers only had success running because of the potency of their passing attack.

What's with the ö?

makes it funnier.
Ever since I started taking German, sometimes I can't help but to pronounce English words with umlauts just because.
it's both hilarious and satisfying somehow.
Guess I never previously understood the power of vowels.
Umlauts have power

squicken

Won't work, there's no passing threat. Packers only had success running because of the potency of their passing attack.

Don't understand the ACL joke but this is pretty astute. STL can't back off LBs and safeties like GB. WRs can't win outside versus press so no fear of deep crosses, and the Rams can't pass block that anyway.

I think they'll be smarter than they were vs CHI. Live w/ 3 and outs. Punt. Make Wilson beat them. SEA will do the same thing. Should be an ugly game with some sort of punts record broken

Don't understand the ACL joke but this is pretty astute. STL can't back off LBs and safeties like GB. WRs can't win outside versus press so no fear of deep crosses, and the Rams can't pass block that anyway.

I think they'll be smarter than they were vs CHI. Live w/ 3 and outs. Punt. Make Wilson beat them. SEA will do the same thing. Should be an ugly game with some sort of punts record broken
Not so sure about that, Seattle's D is small and quick. They can be run on, it just comes down to mindset.

Should be a close game regardless.

cdyhybrid

Not so sure about that, Seattle's D is small and quick. They can be run on, it just comes down to mindset.

Our D's not small. Our strong safety is the size of a linebacker and Red Bryant plays freakin D-End.

The way to beat Seattle's D is to stay balanced and not turn the ball over. Our defensive players are mostly physical specimens but they can get over-aggressive at times and have a tendency to draw more penalties as a result (scabs notwithstanding). If you stay balanced and force them to respect both the pass and the run they'll eventually get called for a PI or holding or something and you'll be in a good position.

If you become one dimensional they'll sell out to stop that strength and then you're in a bad spot, because the D-line is athletic enough to stop some runs on their own if you try to pass too much (they'll drop 7-8 every play), and the secondary is sticky enough to make passing a pain if all you do is run (they'll put 8 in the box and mug your receivers).

squicken

I'm hoping Pete takes the training wheels off Russell a little bit, but that is probably exactly what he wants.

There's no reason to take the training wheels off. The Rams can't score. Lots of teams have bad lines. Lots of teams have bad WRs. A few teams have both. The Rams are one of those teams.

They are small at DEs, so they'll stack the box. CBs on an island daring Rams to throw. Rams WRs can't beat press and the OL can't sustain blocks for 7 step drops. Best way to beat that is stacks and bunches, which Schotty really didn't do vs Bears.

That's what Shurmur did in 2010. Not really sure why Schotty didn't do that, but I'm sure there's some trade off when doing it. Guess you're susceptible to overload blitzes

Top Bottom