• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

squicken

If we're going to start going to 15 and 20 yard penalties, we might well just go 5 WR every play. The running game would be completely irrelevant.

Running game is still useful until you get a penalty. I'm not saying I agree with it. It's just a something to think about. If teams are gaining 70 yards a game more than they used to, why is a false start still 5 yards?

I'm of the exact opposite mind. I think they should reduce the severity of the penalties, but call all of them. Football can be difficult to watch sometimes, because even though a penalty can be called, it's not. I don't think it's a matter of bad officiating, it's more a matter of a league wide effort to allow for more offense in the game. So, instead of relaxing the rules as the NFL is currently doing, I say enforce the rules, but make them less severe. Same result, more offense, while offering more clarity.

I see your point. It may be impossible to actually block modern speed pass rushers without some level of holding, and going to a more punitive measure would lead to more QB hits

Seda

@JasonLaCanfora
Deal between the NFL and locked out officials is imminent and would include language allowing regular refs to work Thursday night game

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I was ready to fight back but then I remembered you're right.

tumblr_m9bnozf1up1rtmazu_zps77f58b3a.gif

Whooooooo! We're slightly less worser!

Rorschach

Wish it was Browns vs Steelers instead of Browns vs Ravens. I'd like to watch the Browns beat the Steelers on prime time. Then, for Tomlin to "unleash hell" in December. If by that he meant the same thing it meant last time he said it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
What are the odds that even after the scabs get ousted one of the real refs makes an equally huge blunder this weekend?

Milchjon

I know that basically anyplace in America is better than the German hell you're currently in, but there are better places in the US than Boston. Like, for instance, anywhere that isn't Detroit, Dayton or Wisconsin. Dream bigger!

Like where? NYC definitely isn't for me personally, and as for the other places in the US, I don't think they appeal to me as much, except for maybe the Northwest. (Or Vancouver, which seems to be beautiful. And yes, I realize that's not part of the US.)

Boston is European enough, but close to both expansive nature (In Europe, you have people everywhere, so there's little of that), and to cities that are bigger than anything in Europe.

But, you know, the more I see of the world, the more I realize how blessed Southern Germany is. And NeoGAF (not you guys, of course ;-) ) and other sources have over the past few years managed to chip away at my urge to ever move to the US, at least permanently. I now understand that the grass is always greener in the Allgäu. Literally.

What are the odds that even after the scabs get ousted one of the real refs makes an equally huge blunder this weekend?

Impossible.

The Real Refs don't fucking make mistakes...or something.

You're welcome, NFL!

The fuck?

Don't associate yourself with scumbag drug addict head coaches and admitted asshole bounty hunting DC's then.

Introducing a new one: Fuck the Bucs

Top Bottom