• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

Grantland has a good read on the zone blitz, its origins and implementation in todays NFL.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8428129/dick-lebeau-evolution-coverage-tactics-zone-blitz

Seemed apt considering the subject of Lebeau's schemes were being discussed. I think the defensive struggles for Pittsburgh have more to do with the personnel issues than scheme.

Kind of goes hand in hand, gotta have the horses to run the more exotic stuff. Right now, the Steeler D doesn't. However, I'd argue that passing games have so improved over the years that more and more teams are no longer afraid to attack it. It's been 4 years since the Steeler D forced bunches of turnovers and intimidated opponents. Ever since Warner figured out how to carve it up at the end of SBXLIII things really haven't been the same.

Fox318

im baffled at this segment over this cartoon. how is this offensive?

Because Cam is black therefore any criticism of his me first ways is making fun of his race.

I wonder if this was making fun of Mark Sanchez would we be talking about it being racist against the Latino population?

Or if this was making fun of Brandon Weeden would we be talking about it being bad to make fun of senor citizens?

But what if they beat the Ravens, does that mean they are better than the Patriots?
Yes.
Tonight Browns! Get ready!!

ray_ray.jpg
Fitting :jnc.

Jayron Hosely and Keith Rivers are likely out for the Giants again the Eagles on Sunday. Both with hamstring injuries.

Every time Hosely flashes, he has to sit a game.:(

Antrel Rolle also didn't practice for the third straight time. Chances of him playing seem slim as well. The defensive line better be ready to play another great game this week.

GQman2121

Banned
Why do people play into ESPNs hands by watching their trash day time tv? I'd rather give Kotaku clicks than sit through a Steven A and Skip "discussion".

Striker

Sucks about Hosley - I'm guessing Coe is going to be ready?

IF both Hosley and Rolle can't go the DB's will be in for a long night, and cannot make any mistakes. Too little room for error right now with all the depleted depth this group once had.

Keith Rivers out is going to be okay. They will will have Herzlich and Williams spelling some packages and getting in time. Williams notably was in a lot in that game last season @PHI and did great. The DL, notably Osi and Tuck, gotta show up.

Striker said:
I'm guessing Coe is going to be ready?
He practiced all week, yes. He will be active. Curious to see if Stevie Brown or Will Hill start at Safety if Rolle doesn't play.

----------------------------------------------------------

Super Bowl odds for those interested going into week 4:

The Top 10 choices heading into Week 4:
1. Houston Texans 5-1
2. San Francisco 49ers 6-1
T3. New England Patriots 17-2, Green Bay Packers 17-2
5. Atlanta Falcons 9-1
6. Baltimore Ravens 14-1
7. GIANTS 18-1
T8. Denver Broncos, Pittsburgh Steelers 20-1,
T10. Chicago Bears, Philadelphia Eagles 22-1.

The Jets, by the way, are 35-1
The Cowboys are 25-1.

And the longest odds belong to the Cleveland Browns at 750-1.

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance-dumb-and-dumber-lloyd-christmas-meme-600x324.jpeg

squicken

Heard a stat on a podcast but my brain is to mushy to remember which. Fitz has attempted ~85 passes, and only 3 attempts have gone 20+ yards in the air. Alex has attempted ~90 passes, and only 4 attempts have gone 20+ yards in the air.

Bowser

God the whole hub-bub over this cartoon is fucking stupid. The cartoon was fucking stupid and Stephen A. Smith is fucking stupid.

Pls Cam just eviscerate the Falcons so we can change the conversation about you and the team.

cdyhybrid

He practiced all week, yes. He will be active. Curious to see if Stevie Brown or Will Hill start at Safety if Rolle doesn't play.

----------------------------------------------------------

Super Bowl odds for those interested going into week 4:

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance-dumb-and-dumber-lloyd-christmas-meme-600x324.jpeg

Putting $100 on the Browns!

Just kidding, I don't like wasting money

bionic77

You only beat us because of your great defense. Where's your defense now!?! Where's your defense nooooooooooooow!?
Does the 3rd down play to Brown still haunt your dreams? I don't think the defense was involved in that play.

We beat your ass in the championship because Ben > Flacco. Even with a double digit lead that fraud crumbled under the pressure!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So what member of Falcons GAF held up 2 students at SCAD down in Savannah?!?!?!

AJC Article With Video

The alleged bandit has a tattoo of the Falcons logo between his eyes, and a PacMan symbol tattooed to his neck, Channel 2 Action News reported.

Does the 3rd down play to Brown still haunt your dreams? I don't think the defense was involved in that play.

We beat your ass in the championship because Ben > Flacco. Even with a double digit lead that fraud crumbled under the pressure!

He was just young and didn't know better like me when I made those videos for that German man that I don't recommend Googling. Now he's a seasoned vet and the Steelers are more f'd than a chubby, unconscious college girl.

Top Bottom