• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

NFL.com has an Offensive Power Ranking article for those interested:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...fensive-power-rankings-ravens-patriots-on-top

Top Shelf: Baltimore Ravens, New England Patriots, Houston Texans, Atlanta Falcons, and New York Giants

Should get better: Green Bay Packers and New Orleans Saints

Quietly dangerous: San Francisco 49ers, Washington Redskins, and Cincinnati Bengals

Not playing to potential: Detroit Lions, Carolina Panthers, and Philadelphia Eagles

Quarterbacks running for life: Pittsburgh Steelers and Dallas Cowboys

Middle of the pack: Denver Broncos, San Diego Chargers, and Buffalo Bills

Mediocre: Minnesota Vikings, Chicago Bears, Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, St. Louis Rams, Miami Dolphins, Seattle Seahawks, Indianapolis Colts, and Tennessee Titans

Bottom shelf: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Arizona Cardinals, New York Jets, Jacksonville Jaguars, and Cleveland Browns

Read more at the link.

Bowser said:
Browns are definitely at the least covering
Browns are winning tonight! 27-23.

bionic77

NFL.com has an Offensive Power Ranking article for those interested:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...fensive-power-rankings-ravens-patriots-on-top

Read more at the link.

Browns are winning tonight! 27-23.
I don't agree with the Steelers.

The Steeler O has been pretty good this year. Problem is we can't stop anyone. We were the one team that made Peyton look good this year (though perhaps everyone saw the film of that game and realized he couldn't throw past 5 yards and adjusted, hard to say).

Ben has been lights out though. Hope he continues to stay under the radar. Our team doesn't handle success well. 6 seed and BS SB win here we come!

The Steeler O has been pretty good this year. Problem is we can't stop anyone. We were the one team that made Peyton look good this year (though perhaps everyone saw the film of that game and realized he couldn't throw past 5 yards and adjusted, hard to say).

Ben has been lights out though. Hope he continues to stay under the radar. Our team doesn't handle success well. 6 seed and BS SB win here we come!

Sorry man but Vick already called that shit for this year. He is going to get sacked 10 times and have 5 turnovers in the SB but somehow the Eagles will win by 1.

bionic77 said:
From a purely statistical standpoint, what's the disagreement? Keep in mind that I go into this with the caveat that stats don't always tell the whole story but to keep it simple....

If you look at it by points/game and they've got the top shelf teams sort of right. 4 of those teams lead the league in points per game at the moment. The Pats are at #10 in that regard. Washington is #1 with 33 points per game so I'm not sure how "quietly dangerous" they are.

Other stats including yards/game, yards/play - The Steelers are a middle of the pack offensive team. Yards per play in particular is a bit damning as the Steelers are currently ranked at a middling 22nd in the league. .1 yard higher than the Jets.

The two categories the Steelers are top of the heap are third down conversion percentage (56%) and Time of Possession (#2 ranked). Points per game also bodes well as your 12th ranked with 25.7pts/game.

Of course stats don't take into account the quality of the opponent's defenses and all of those other great things so it's not entirely fair but as noted from the get go - for the sake of simplicity..

yankeehater said:
Sorry man but Vick already called that shit for this year.
Vick won't even be your starting QB at the end of the year. ;)

EDIT: Ron Winter's crew will officiate Giants-Eagles game in Philly Sunday night and he's got a history with the Giants.

Winter back in January of 2003 was on the crew that messed up the end of the playoff collapse against the 49ers in San Francisco. CONTROVERSY!

effzee

Daily News Live. He is going to be on once a week as a "football expert" it sucked tonight because they had Ray on at the same time and Don did all the talking.

Yes I can see how this would be so terrible with McNabb pretending to be an "expert"...

Anyway is this a Philly only thing? I want to watch Donnie!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So much coverage on the Browns today, but all so negative.

"the lowly Browns vs the Ravens"
"How bad will Flacco beat the Browns?"

:(

LJ11

So much coverage on the Browns today, but all so negative.

"the lowly Browns vs the Ravens"
"How bad will Flacco beat the Browns?"

:(

Last couple of years the Browns have done an alright job in prime time, bet they play better than most think.

I would take Sheard and put him on Oher all game long.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Why are we forced to watch The Browns? Ugh.

BooThisMan.gif

verbum

Last couple of years the Browns have done an alright job in prime time, bet they play better than most think.

I would take Sheard and put him on Oher all game long.

If the Browns can run the ball consistently, they can win. If the Ravens shut down the run, Cleveland is in a world of hurt.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Are the television coverage maps up yet?

Yes I can see how this would be so terrible with McNabb pretending to be an "expert"...

Anyway is this a Philly only thing? I want to watch Donnie!

Yes it is a Philly only thing and it is terrible when he takes away time from the most knowledgeable person on TV. We dont get enough Ray Didinger time as it is.

bionic77

Sorry man but Vick already called that shit for this year. He is going to get sacked 10 times and have 5 turnovers in the SB but somehow the Eagles will win by 1.
Vick is the new just winz?

FUUUUUUU

Oh well there is always next year. Congrats on the SB win. It was totally undeserved just like most recent champions!

verbum

Bucs vs the Redskins. The worst offense vs. the third worst defense. The number twenty-six defense against the sixth best offense.
I'm picking the Redskins.

bionic77

From a purely statistical standpoint, what's the disagreement? Keep in mind that I go into this with the caveat that stats don't always tell the whole story but to keep it simple....

If you look at it by points/game and they've got the top shelf teams sort of right. 4 of those teams lead the league in points per game at the moment. The Pats are at #10 in that regard. Washington is #1 with 33 points per game so I'm not sure how "quietly dangerous" they are.

Other stats including yards/game, yards/play - The Steelers are a middle of the pack offensive team. Yards per play in particular is a bit damning as the Steelers are currently ranked at a middling 22nd in the league. .1 yard higher than the Jets.

The two categories the Steelers are top of the heap are third down conversion percentage (56%) and Time of Possession (#2 ranked). Points per game also bodes well as your 12th ranked with 25.7pts/game.

Of course stats don't take into account the quality of the opponent's defenses and all of those other great things so it's not entirely fair but as noted from the get go - for the sake of simplicity..

Vick won't even be your starting QB at the end of the year. ;)

EDIT: Ron Winter's crew will officiate Giants-Eagles game in Philly Sunday night and he's got a history with the Giants.

Winter back in January of 2003 was on the crew that messed up the end of the playoff collapse against the 49ers in San Francisco. CONTROVERSY!
Just my gut dude. I feel like we will finish near the top 5 in points per game by the end of the season.

I was wrong once before though so it is kind of possible I could be wrong.

Also fuck stats. I value my own eyes and judgment.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Thanks. What a terrible slate of games this week.

Edit: We got Billick for our game! YES. I could listen to him talk football all day.

Oh. Nick Harris, their former punter, is back on the Lions. Funny how that happens.

I found that hilarious. At least Hanson won't be punting this week (although he did a great job).

I still expect Minnesota to roll over Detroit, though. The wheels are about to come off this bus.

Plinko

Classic Gunther Cunningham defense:

Whether they were in man or zone, the Lions provided at least one, often both, outside receivers with a 5-8 yard cushion on 30 of the Titans' 44 pass plays.

Source: Mlive.com

And yet the coaching staff was shocked that the quick pass beat them.

Giants are 7-8 in the regular season plus playoffs against the Eagles with Eli at QB. Eli has only been sacked 4 times though this year, normally when the Eagles beat the Giants it is the Dline getting the pressure.

effzee

Thanks. What a terrible slate of games this week.

Edit: We got Billick for our game! YES. I could listen to him talk football all day.

I found that hilarious. At least Hanson won't be punting this week (although he did a great job).

I still expect Minnesota to roll over Detroit, though. The wheels are about to come off this bus.

Terrible matchups for most the part but I get to see the Niners annihilate the Jets, GB v NO, and then Eagles Giants. So not a terrible line up.

Yes it is a Philly only thing and it is terrible when he takes away time from the most knowledgeable person on TV. We dont get enough Ray Didinger time as it is.

He gets his column doesn't he?

I want to see clips of this show. I checked online and I guess they have last night show up with Westbrook. Talking that truth he mentions you have to at least try to run the ball. I would love to see if McNabb opened up about some of the shit he sees now that he had to endure too with Reid. Eagles should sign him as the back up. At least teach Vick how to get fat so you don't fumble and crumble with each hit.

He gets his column doesn't he?

I want to see clips of this show. I checked online and I guess they have last night show up with Westbrook. Talking that truth he mentions you have to at least try to run the ball. I would love to see if McNabb opened up about some of the shit he sees now that he had to endure too with Reid. Eagles should sign him as the back up. At least teach Vick how to get fat so you don't fumble and crumble with each hit.

You will be disappointed. They asked Mcnabb about Andy's playcalling and not running enough, but he said that he thought that the Eagles did run the ball enough and the playcalling was fine.

yankeehater said:
Giants are 7-8 in the regular season plus playoffs against the Eagles with Eli at QB. Eli has only been sacked 4 times though this year, normally when the Eagles beat the Giants it is the Dline getting the pressure.
If this were a Giants home game, I'd say the Eagles would likely win as the Giants are just not a good home team. Especially against the division. It's in Philly though and Eli has generally had big games (some of his best) in Philly. I've got a similar good feeling going into this game that I had with the Panthers.

In bionic77 language - fuck stats. I trust my gut.:D

If this were a Giants home game, I'd say the Eagles would likely win as the Giants are just not a good home team. Especially against the division. It's in Philly though and Eli has generally had big games (some of his best) in Philly. I've got a similar good feeling going into this game that I had with the Panthers.

In bionic77 language - fuck stats. I trust my gut.:D

This is a different Giants team then the Eagles usually face. Your OL is supposed to suck. It is a pretty fucked up move to upgrade it when we had this good rivalry going.

yankeehater said:
This is a different Giants team then the Eagles usually face. Your OL is supposed to suck. It is a pretty fucked up move to upgrade it when we had this good rivalry going.
I'll hold off on accepting the current line-up as an upgrade until we face better competition. Diehl is likely to miss this game so I take the Eagles game as a good test for the reshuffled offensive line since the Eagles have a quality front four. If they do perform well, it will only deepen the heartbreak when Coughlin hands the starting RT job back to the Diehl the week after against the Browns.

As for the "good rivalry thing" - you guys are due to get on the losing end of it. Wellie and I have said it a couple of times, these teams always tend to swap back and forth with these streaks. It's time to put an end to this one!

cajunator

Banned
Im interested to see how Weeden plays. Havent really seen footage of him yet.
Also, Im gonna go ahead now and say Packers offense will look like they did last year against our defense.
On another note, the tapioca in this bubble tea is so frozen it might as well be bubble rocks.

Griegite

still a junior
Bucs vs the Redskins. The worst offense vs. the third worst defense. The number twenty-six defense against the sixth best offense.
I'm picking the Redskins.

The game is supposedly blacked out in Tampa Bay. Not surprising I guess. It will be shown to the DC area though.

Top Bottom