• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

EDIT: Ron Winter's crew will officiate Giants-Eagles game in Philly Sunday night and he's got a history with the Giants.

Winter back in January of 2003 was on the crew that messed up the end of the playoff collapse against the 49ers in San Francisco. CONTROVERSY!

Fuck i rather have the scabs..

bionic77

If this were a Giants home game, I'd say the Eagles would likely win as the Giants are just not a good home team. Especially against the division. It's in Philly though and Eli has generally had big games (some of his best) in Philly. I've got a similar good feeling going into this game that I had with the Panthers.

In bionic77 language - fuck stats. I trust my gut.:D
When your gut feels good is usually when you get the runs and your teams lays a giant shit flavored egg on your face.

The gut giveth and the gut taketh away.

RBH

If you want to see the Tampa Bay Buccaneers play the Washington Redskins on Sunday, better buy a ticket.

Tampa Bay's 4:25 p.m. game Sunday against Washington at Raymond James Stadium failed to sell out prior to the 72-hour deadline and will be subject to the NFL's local television blackout policy.

It's the 21st time in the last 23 games that a Bucs home game will not been shown on local television. Per NFL rules, when sales do not reach a minimum threshold — in the Bucs' case that's 85 percent of nonpremium seating — at least 72 hours prior to kickoff, games are not permitted to be aired in television markets within 75 miles. The Bucs needed to sell about 44,000 general seats to lift the blackout.

Tampa Bay's regular-season opener against Carolina also was not shown on local television and drew 51,533 fans.
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/article1253682.ece

Cagey

Banned

image.php

Between WrassleGAF and NFLGAF, every RBH post warrants that avatar quote. Which is excellent.

Fuck i rather have the scabs..

Same. On the bright side, it's not Triplette or Leavy? Optimism? Yes?

bionic77 said:
When your gut feels good is usually when you get the runs and your teams lays a giant shit flavored egg on your face.
I'm a Giants fan - I'm used to this sensation. I expect 2-3 shit flavored eggs a year. These things don't phase me anymore. Laptops are generally safe in my home.;)

cajunator

Banned
What are the "NFL rules" that prohibit certain areas from getting broadcasts at certain times? Is that all blackout related? Does a blackout mean NO NFL games are shown at all in that area?

I'll hold off on accepting the current line-up as an upgrade until we face better competition. Diehl is likely to miss this game so I take the Eagles game as a good test for the reshuffled offensive line since the Eagles have a quality front four. If they do perform well, it will only deepen the heartbreak when Coughlin hands the starting RT job back to the Diehl the week after against the Browns.

As for the "good rivalry thing" - you guys are due to get on the losing end of it. Wellie and I have said it a couple of times, these teams always tend to swap back and forth with these streaks. It's time to put an end to this one!

Man Giants fans are greedy, SB's arnt enough for you, you also want to beat the Eagles. You gotta give us something. How about the Gaints win 5 out of the next 6 against the Eagles, but the Eagles get to win a SB. Seems fair.

Narag

What are the "NFL rules" that prohibit certain areas from getting broadcasts at certain times? Is that all blackout related? Does a blackout mean NO NFL games are shown at all in that area?

If the local team is playing at home and the game is sold out, it is the only game allowed to be televised in that primary market at that time, even if the opposite network has a doubleheader. That means if the Cardinals are playing at home on FOX while Patriots-Colts is on CBS at the same time, Patriots-Colts does not air in Phoenix. There are occasional exceptions, such as in selected markets during week 17, or in Washington DC, which is also a Ravens secondary market and airs their road games whenever possible.

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/

Cagey

Banned
Man Giants fans are greedy, SB's arnt enough for you, you also want to beat the Eagles. You gotta give us something. How about the Gaints win 5 out of the next 6 against the Eagles, but the Eagles get to win a SB. Seems fair.

We give you hope, and then we must crush that hope.

Schefter tweeted that Winslow asked Pats to release him and they did, apparently.

Man, Dockett might actually miss this game, has only missed one in 9 yrs. Still a bunch of guys banged up. Thank god we're playing the Phins and at home. Gotta get our key players back to keep the streak going.

jakncoke

Banned
Schefter tweeted that Winslow asked Pats to release him and they did, apparently.

Man, Dockett might actually miss this game, has only missed one in 9 yrs. Still a bunch of guys banged up. Thank god we're playing the Phins and at home. Gotta get our key players back to keep the streak going.

lol 1-12, how many snaps did he get. i cant imagine many.

Narag

I'm pretty sure FMT sacrificed baby lambs over a football game

I think he once claimed to give handjobs outside of Candlestick for good luck. I also wish I could say I was just joking about this but I really think I read it in a thread a couple years back.

Top Bottom