• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

I disagree with that. Playcalling was horribly unbalanced last night.

Weeden performed admirably dropping back more than 50 times against the Ravens D, but calling runs at some opportune moments could have changed the game.

You drafted this guy third overall, fucking use him!
I was talking about the ravens my man

Caplan does lots of radio hits in HOU and he's really good. I like Cossel, though I know he has his detractors. He's entertaining and for a fan like me, I think he increases my understanding of the game

Cossel does the Shutdown Corner podcast with Doug Farrar which is really good as well. It's always kind of stilted b/c they do it remotely, but still enjoyable

Do they talk about all teams on that podcast? I listen to the Eagles fancast every week but I would love to add a general football podcast.

Absolutely, why wouldn't you?

I love that Nnamdi has a bad game against the best player in the NFL and everyone thinks he sucks. He gave up 2 receptions in 2 games before that. I would definitely want him on my team.

Talon

I just want to say that Mike Lombardi is a dumbass. Listened to Simmons' BS Report with Lombardi and Schatz from earlier this week on my way to work this morning and it's just astonishing how wrong the guy is on facts and objective things. How did this guy have a front office job? It was cringe-worthy listening to him.
Fired Front Office guy becomes media expert on football.

Rinse and repeat.

effzee

You really want Nnamdi?

Do you even follow football? Or is Rex getting to you?

Nnamdi isn't the best corner anymore so obviously he is no Revis but he is no scrub either. He is one of the better cover corners. He gave up a TD to Fitsgerald. Nothing to be too ashamed about. Still I think he has to play better. We probably over paid for him but I rather over pay for a Nnamdi then have really crappy corners.

I gotta think the Cards defensive coordinator will get a lot of looks this offseason.

Why hire D coordinators when you can take oline coaches turn them into D coordinators! Then you can turn them into head coaches!

I completely agree, people blaming the lack of a running game on playcalling are being delusional

There were stretches of 5-6 plays where Ray didn't touch the ball rushing or passing. This isn't new with the Ravens. Their play calling after the Eagles loss was called into question too. Even if the Browns are stout against the rush, Ray Rice is one of the top RBs in the league and their best offensive player. You don't just not give him the ball. He can break the big one at any moment.

Wow I feel like I wrote that about the Eagles just the other day...

Fox318

I was looking at Android stuff and I didn't realize it was just as icon based as iOS. I don't like that. I really dig WP live tiles things. Seems like that is what a modern mobile OS should look like. Also like the matte look the phones have

Gonna have to check it out obviously before committing

I haven't played around with Windows Phone 7 but if you want a different home sty;e you could always get a different launcher.

• Launcher 7.
    nfZ0T.jpg
  • iPhone style launcher
    4tb2y.jpg
  • SPB Shell 3Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVU84J1ShSQ
    Hnwb5.jpg
  • Nova Launcher
    WLtUl.png

Don't forget that you also have plenty of widgets and app switchers to choose from so there is almost an unlimited amount of customization that can be done to your phone.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
This is bullshit, just like it is when it's said about any NFL team.

All Cleveland needs to do is win, and people will want to go there. this isn't the NBA where all the superstars rally to play on the Lakers and Heat and the other 28 teams have to kick and claw for talent.

completely agree. Just win baby.

To be honest, I didnt think the browns looked that bad last night, they have a pretty good defense, which they had last year. They just need some more help on offense, but they are also starting a rookie QB. I also don't think he looked that bad.
The browns d held the ravens O to 16 points. That should be enough to win against any team.

Mike Lombardi can't possibly be as awful as Matt Millen.

That guy is a stain on everything football.
he did have the titans winning the AFC south last year.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
This is bullshit, just like it is when it's said about any NFL team.

All Cleveland needs to do is win, and people will want to go there. this isn't the NBA where all the superstars rally to play on the Lakers and Heat and the other 28 teams have to kick and claw for talent.

I saw that comment earlier and was hoping someone responded appropriately.

I love how the NFL is a league where cities like Indianapolis and Green Bay are successful while the entire state of Florida has won one title in 40 years.

squicken

I haven't played around with Windows Phone 7 but if you want a different home sty;e you could always get a different launcher..

I did look at the WP7 launcher. It's pretty cool. It's just off a little. The icons don't seem as high rez and the animations are just a little choppy. I've really decided to bail out on iOS. Just gotta figure out to where

I saw that comment earlier and was hoping someone responded appropriately.

I love how the NFL is a league where cities like Indianapolis and Green Bay are successful while the entire state of Florida has won one title in 40 years.

Yeah except they are in Ohio, the biggest shithole state in the country. I'm being serious here, who the hell wants to live in Ohio? I'd rather live in Green Bay or Detroit, or any other NFL city, than live in Ohio. I've made a promise to myself that if I'm ever traveling in that part of the country again that I will go around Ohio to get where I'm going. And I'm seriously going to keep that promise to myself.

Who is the last big name free agent to sign with one of the Ohio teams? Sure both those teams are cheap, but shouldn't there be at least one player in the FA era that they could have managed to sign? Nobody wants to live in Ohio.

Wrayfield

Yeah except they are in Ohio, the biggest shithole state in the country. I'm being serious here, who the hell wants to live in Ohio? I'd rather live in Green Bay or Detroit, or any other NFL city, than live in Ohio. I've made a promise to myself that if I'm ever traveling in that part of the country again that I will go around Ohio to get where I'm going. And I'm seriously going to keep that promise to myself.

Who is the last big name free agent to sign with one of the Ohio teams? Sure both those teams are cheap, but shouldn't there be at least one player in the FA era that they could have managed to sign? Nobody wants to live in Ohio.

You should go on vacation there.

verbum

OVERALL ANALYSIS
Ryan may say all the right things about his defense remaining viable without Revis. And in his coaching heart of hearts, he may even believe them. However, when the matchups are dissected on paper, it simply doesn't add up.
With a multi-pronged receiving threat and a punishing running back, the Niners simply have too much offensive talent for the Jets to compete with. And, with Sanchez veering between prolific in Week 1 to pathetic in two games since, the New York offense doesn't figure to have much luck either.
Sports Network Predicted Outcome: Niners 24, Jets 10

Anyone think Sanchez can turn it around or will we see Tebow running the offense in the second half ?

Edit: But then I remembered last Sunday and how the Vikings won. Shit, now I'm confused.

Anyone think Sanchez can turn it around or will we see Tebow running the offense in the second half ?

It has got to be Tebow at some point. Watching Sanchez play you would swear he is a rookie some of the time. He forces throws into coverage all the time. I just dont see how Rex goes down with him when his job is probably on the line.

I gotta think the Cards defensive coordinator will get a lot of looks this offseason.

We are all resigned to him leaving for a HC job next season. I'm trying not to think about it, just enjoy this season and hope the guys get it down enough to where they can keep flying in the future. Definitely a concern, but not for this season. He already got a look last off season by the Rams just from our late season performance. I can only imagine how many offers will fly his ways after this season. Wish he'd stay and do a Lebau situation but not going to happen.

I love Jay Cutler

Reporter: Do you throw too many passes Marshall’s direction?

Cutler: “No.”

Reporter: What if Marshall’s getting extra attention from the defense?

Cutler: “Like what kind of attention?”

Reporter: Like extra coverage.

Cutler: “What coverage?”

Reporter: Is it better to throw to someone else when defenses devote more attention to Marshall?

Cutler: “I need to know specifics. What are you getting at? I don’t know. It depends on what the coverage is. It depends on a lot of things. There’s a lot of variables. You can’t just make a vague statement of ‘If they’re playing and they’re giving him extra attention, can you go to him?’ It depends on what the route is, what coverage it is. What’s the down and distance? There’s a lot of things that go into it.”

Reporter: Is the risk worthwhile to sometimes force the ball?

Cutler: “Like I said, it depends on the situation.”

Reporter: Thanks for the enlightenment.

Cutler: “Thank you. Thank you for your vague question. I’m sure you’ll be able to get a lot out of that.”

Edit: But then I remembered last Sunday and how the Vikings won. Shit, now I'm confused.

Lulz at us winning big. It will never happen. We don't throw the ball over 10 yards and we won't try it. We have the most conservative coaching staff in the league on both offense and defense. Unless the jets turn the ball over a bunch our offense won't score over 13 points

Talon

Fox318 has evolved into an Android machine over the past two threads. In other news, I think I'm getting a Verizon Tuna next month as my work phone.
Lulz at us winning big. It will never happen. We don't throw the ball over 10 yards and we won't try it. We have the most conservative coaching staff in the league on both offense and defense. Unless the jets turn the ball over a bunch our offense won't score over 13 points
Unless you're playing the Buccaneers.

Plasticine said:
I love Jay Cutler
He's a dick but he's completely right in being a dick in that instance. The reporter was obviously goading him into trying to explain why he's forcing the ball. He could have just outright asked...

squicken

What is this crap? You have the best HC since Bill Walsh and you are salty over one loss? How quickly you forget the Nolan/Singletary era

Wrayfield

He's a dick but he's completely right in being a dick in that instance. The reporter was obviously goading him into trying to explain why he's forcing the ball. He could have just outright asked...

A less pouty personality would be able to tell the reported that w/o being an utter douche.

Alex just needs to grab the playcalling with those hands of his and audible into some deep passes to make the defenses back up some. If teams had to cover more then 15 yards their O could be really good.

Wrayfield said:
A less pouty personality would be able to tell the reported that w/o being an utter douche.
Act like a dick, get treated like a dick. Poor, poor reporter.

Frankly, I thought Cutler's response was pretty tame considering what he could have said to that smart ass "thanks for the enlightenment" response.

The good news never stops:

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN

Here's today's shocker: WR Hakeem Nicks is doubtful. He has a knee issue to go with his foot problem now. #NYG

:(

CB Jayron Hosley (hamstring), RT David Diehl (knee) and LB Keith Rivers (hamstring) are all OUT for the Giants on Sunday night. #NYG

At least Diehl is still out. Antrel Rolle is questionable (he will play). Bradshaw and Hixon are probable.

bionic77

After watching the Ravens barely win last night I am confident we are going to repeat 2008 where we sweep the regular season matchup and then beat them in the AFC Championship. Flacco is clearly elite and deserves that 3rd championship loss on his resume.

I am pretty sure we will beat the Bungles 2x as well.

I am a little worried about the Browns. If they try to throw it we can beat them, but if they get smart and run Richardson 40 times a game he will score 3 TDs on us and the Browns will split with us.

And I will be called crazy, but I missed the replacement refs last night. Game was more exciting with that added unpredictability. The scabs were like that blue shell from Mario Kart that can just randomly come out at any point and fuck you in the ass.

Also got my iphone5 today. Did not set it up but man it sure is pretty.

squicken said:
I'm sure lots of people had the idea but I thought GAF was the first place I saw it
It was. The first revision of the Goodell gif in fact. They didn't have the courtesy of using the most up to date version.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I'm going to watch the 49ers than on Sunday. I want to see if your offense is as conservative as the Browns one.

squicken

After watching the Ravens barely win last night I am confident we are going to repeat 2008 where we sweep the regular season matchup and then beat them in the AFC Championship. Flacco is clearly elite and deserves that 3rd championship loss on his resume.

I am pretty sure we will beat the Bungles 2x as well.

I am a little worried about the Browns. If they try to throw it we can beat them, but if they get smart and run Richardson 40 times a game he will score 3 TDs on us and the Browns will split with us.

And I will be called crazy, but I missed the replacement refs last night. Game was more exciting with that added unpredictability. The scabs were like that blue shell from Mario Kart that can just randomly come out at any point and fuck you in the ass.

Also got my iphone5 today. Did not set it up but man it sure is pretty.

I thought the plan was to go 8-8 and get the WC and win the SB? Isn't it counter-productive to win the division?

It was. The first revision of the Goodell gif in fact. They didn't have the courtesy of using the most up to date version.

Yeah the way his head gets bigger is why I know it was here. Unless the guy who made it posts somewhere else and uploaded it there as well

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...-goodell-gif-that-perfectly-sums-up-this-week

This gif looks really familiar. I'm sure lots of people had the idea but I thought GAF was the first place I saw it

came here to post this, someone stole GAF's swagger

It says someone from Buffalo submitted it.

Not naming names but I will name names.

J'ACCUSE WANDERINGWIND!

bionic77

I thought the plan was to go 8-8 and get the WC and win the SB? Isn't it counter-productive to win the division?

Yeah the way his head gets bigger is why I know it was here. Unless the guy who made it posts somewhere else and uploaded it there as well
8-8 wins the division and 5 of our 8 wins will come from within.

Its all going according to plan. We just got the shipment of HGH in so expect a massive improvement for the defense after the bye.

The one thing that might have stood in our way was the evil air of Denver but they are probably not going to make the playoffs so crisis averted!

Top Bottom