• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

squicken

8-8 wins the division and 5 of our 8 wins will come from within.

Its all going according to plan. We just got the shipment of HGH in so expect a massive improvement for the defense after the bye.

The one thing that might have stood in our way was the evil air of Denver but they are probably not going to make the playoffs so crisis averted!

They keep airing commercials for AndroGel during the Ryder Cup and I can't help but think they are missing a huge opportunity in not using Harrison. Men would line up at their doctors with their wives pushing them in the back

bionic77

They keep airing commercials for AndroGel during the Ryder Cup and I can't help but think they are missing a huge opportunity in not using Harrison. Men would line up at their doctors with their wives pushing them in the back
I agree that Harrison is a living legend and that he would sell this product in droves.

I really hope next week we seek 2008 Harrison and not our version of Ray Lewis.

Wes

venison crêpe
Weeden is better than McCoy.

We shouldn't have picked Weeden when we did but now we have him we're right to be playing him.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Anyone think Sanchez can turn it around or will we see Tebow running the offense in the second half ?

Edit: But then I remembered last Sunday and how the Vikings won. Shit, now I'm confused.

Can he turn it around? I will say he sure as hell needs to, playing a tough defense at home after two terrible performances.

If there was any time for him to turn it around it is now.

bionic77

We shouldn't have picked Weeden when we did but now we have him we're right to be playing him.
I disagree.

Unless you are getting a franchise qb in the draft, it is smarter to rebuild everything else, starting with the defense and then the offensive line and working your way to depth and the skill positions.

Picking Weeden when you could have used that pick on defense or a skill position seems like a big mistake to me. The guy seems like a shitty qb who is older than most of GAF.

I agree with all this, but If we somehow do end up with the number one pick I'm starting to get on the Geno Smith bandwagon
.......every passing game I also hate Holmgren and now Heckert more

Anyone think Sanchez can turn it around or will we see Tebow running the offense in the second half ?

Tebow ain't running shit. There's no future with any offense that has Tebow at pivot.

He's the Jets new Brad Smith. Ryan puts him at QB full time and Woody Johnson may as well fire him.

I disagree.

Unless you are getting a franchise qb in the draft, it is smarter to rebuild everything else, starting with the defense and then the offensive line and working your way to depth and the skill positions.

Picking Weeden when you could have used that pick on defense or a skill position seems like a big mistake to me. The guy seems like a shitty qb who is older than most of GAF.
He said he didn't agree with were we drafted him.......
Not many people do, but Holmgren gonna Holmgren

cajunator

Banned
Yeah except they are in Ohio, the biggest shithole state in the country. I'm being serious here, who the hell wants to live in Ohio? I'd rather live in Green Bay or Detroit, or any other NFL city, than live in Ohio. I've made a promise to myself that if I'm ever traveling in that part of the country again that I will go around Ohio to get where I'm going. And I'm seriously going to keep that promise to myself.

Who is the last big name free agent to sign with one of the Ohio teams? Sure both those teams are cheap, but shouldn't there be at least one player in the FA era that they could have managed to sign? Nobody wants to live in Ohio.

Whats so awful about Ohio really? I mean it has several large cities, so obviously a lot of people live there. It has vibrant football fandom, is in an area with good climate, nearby to lots of natural beauty, and has midwest charm. Why is it really considered such an awful state?

So when is Richardson going to you know turn it on?

when they actually use him I would guess.

Greg said:
I missed an entire day of NFL-GAF.
image.php

cajunator

Banned
CenturyLink Field was designed specifically to channel the sound towards the field. Te Seahawks fanbase is loud , but I dont think they are any louder than other fanbases. Just that stadium has a way of getting it directly to the players on the field. I think the superdome sort of functions this way too by containing all those drunk Saints fans screaming into a cavernous void. Its like being inside a loud drumset or something, and thats just sitting in the stands.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-revis-out-im-the-best-corner-in-the-nfl-now/

Cromartie told Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News that with Darrelle Revis out for the year with a torn ACL, Cromartie is not just the Jets’ top cornerback: He’s the best cornerback in the entire league.

“I have said that I’m the second-best corner in the NFL,” Cromartie said. “I’m not backing off what I said. I don’t care what anyone else believe. . . . It’s my confidence in myself. I know what I’m capable of when I’m at the top of my game.”

Is there something in the water at the Jets facilty that makes everyone completely insane?

cdyhybrid

CenturyLink Field was designed specifically to channel the sound towards the field. Te Seahawks fanbase is loud , but I dont think they are any louder than other fanbases. Just that stadium has a way of getting it directly to the players on the field. I think the superdome sort of functions this way too by containing all those drunk Saints fans screaming into a cavernous void. Its like being inside a loud drumset or something, and thats just sitting in the stands.

Yep. I've heard that the domed stadiums are pretty similar. It's something you really have to experience in person, though. When it gets going you can't hear the person sitting next to you unless they scream directly into your ear.

jmdajr

Schaub had to get ear-holed to get the respect he deserves

SCHAUB.TOUGHNESS-306x333.jpg

Texans quarterback Matt Schaub had to lose a piece of his ear to get the kind of respect he deserves around the NFL.

I’ve had friends call me all week asking about Schaub’s newly developed toughness. I explain that Schaub’s always been tough, that his three major injuries for the Texans have been substantial and that he’s not the type to miss a couple of weeks when he gets shampoo in his eyes.

Those of who’ve followed Schaub since he arrived in 2007 know how tough he is.
Remember when he suffered the separated shoulder in Jacksonville but continued to play with a special harness? Remember when he suffered sprained knee ligaments and continued to play? Schaub won’t admit it, but I guarantee you he’s played with a concussion. After all, he’s a spokesman for concussions, right?

....(more)

-"Only Texan's fans care"

I know, and I'm fine with it.

tc farks

"I’ve had friends call me all week asking about Schaub’s newly developed toughness."

Translation:

I've had my meatball cohorts call me this week with their worthless newfound respect because they think they know what injuries players can play with. Because if it's a big game and his legs aren't amputated he's a giant pussy and he gave up on his team.

Top Bottom