• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

LukeSmith

220px-Drew_Brees_at_Saints_Super_Bowl_parade_2010-02-09.jpg

Did you get that from dirtbag's facebook

cajunator

Banned
Brees just stood up for his teammates in the face of a lack of evidence. Any QB would do the same. Unless you actually think your QB would turn on his team without concrete proof of wrongdoing.
by the way it fucking sucks if Im the only Saints fan posting this season.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

After Monday night’s Seahawks-Packers game, the last play of which a surprising number of people (of course, “one” would be a surprising number of people) believe was called correctly, multiple NFL owners were inclined to keep fighting the locked-out officials.

Judy Battista of the New York Times reports that Panthers owner Jerry Richardson and Jets owner Woody Johnson initially wanted to dig in. Others, like Patriots owner Robert Kraft and Giants co-owner John Mara, were concerned that damage was being done to the NFL.

Falcons owner Arthur Blank, who along with Mara, Texans owner Bob McNair, Chiefs owner Clark Hunt helped negotiate the contract, believed it was time. “There was a sense of urgency on both sides to get it done,” Blank said. “The integrity of the brand is incredibly important. The officiating was creating more controversy and focus on it than on play, and that’s something you never want to happen.”

Jerry Richardson(Panthers) and Woody Johnson(Jets) wanted to maintain the lockout. Mara(Giants), Kraft(Pats), Blank (Falcons) Hunt (Chiefs) and McNair (Texans) wanted the lockout ended because they felt it had gone too far and was diminishing the league.

The entire Jets franchise is completely delusional.

Brees just stood up for his teammates in the face of a lack of evidence. Any QB would do the same. Unless you actually think your QB would turn on his team without concrete proof of wrongdoing.

Brees didn't want any money to be shaved off his new contract.

Jerry Richardson(Panthers) and Woody Johnson(Jets) wanted to maintain the lockout. Mara(Giants), Kraft(Pats), Blank (Falcons) Hunt (Chiefs) and McNair (Texans) wanted the lockout ended because they felt it had gone too far and was diminishing the league.

If someone got hurt from the refs stupidity, more Johnson and Johnson products would be used!

cdyhybrid

This would never happen on a team led by Russell Wilson or Tebow. They would inspire their teammates to play and win in the right way.

cajunator

Banned
This would never happen on a team led by Russell Wilson or Tebow. They would inspire their teammates to play and win in the right way.

It still would. Brees isnt the coach. He sure as hell doesnt coach the defense.
Im not saying he was oblivious to what was going on just that he has a right to disbelieve, given the shaky evidence, of it existing on a player level (by that I mean specifically implicating certain players, not the fact that a bountygate existed, because theres taped evidence of that)

JABEE

Brees probably had some money in the pot.

cdyhybrid

It still would. Brees isnt the coach. He sure as hell doesnt coach the defense.
Im not saying he was oblivious to what was going on just that he has a right to disbelieve, given the shaky evidence, of it existing on a player level (by that I mean specifically implicating certain players, not the fact that a bountygate existed, because theres taped evidence of that)

I'm just giving you a hard time ;)

Talon

I'm looking forward to facing the Panthers' secondary. They're helping hard on the Norman kid, so Roddy or Julio will be in man against Gamble all game. I foresee many digs and skinny posts.

Fox318

All you have to do is look at the owners political donations and you will see a connection with their hatred of the pension plan.

tmdorsey

I'm looking forward to facing the Panthers' secondary. They're helping hard on the Norman kid, so Roddy or Julio will be in man against Gamble all game. I foresee many digs and skinny posts.

Should be good. I'm more curious to see how our defense defends Cam. I can see tucking the ball and running alot more and we seen to be pretty venerable against running QBs in the past.

Well, it's been proven over the last couple years that Woody is out of touch with reality. And you knew Kraft was going to want it ended after his boy got mad at the replacements. I just think all the owners were stupid for thinking they could throw just about anyone out there and nobody would care. But, it's over now, on to the next outrage.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I'm sure Mark Murphy wanted the lockout ended.

But nobody cares because he isn't some billionaire tycoon.

Some news on fines this week:

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

Ed Reed was fined $21k for his big hit on Pats WR Deion Branch on Sunday.

Broncos' Von Miller hit for $15,750 for roughing Matt Schaub one play before Joe Mays really, really roughed Schaub.

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN

Carolina S Charles Godfrey was fined $7,875 for ripping Martellus Bennett's facemask off last Thursday night. #NYG

Other fines: Lions' Stephen Tulloch $21k and only $7,875 for the Seahawks' Brandon Browner's dirty shot on Greg Jennings. Wow.

EDIT: ...and in Eagles/Giants injury news:

LT King Dunlap (hamstring) and LB Akeem Jordan (hamstring) are out for the Eagles. #NYG
Bell vs JPP/Tuck/Osi? Yes, please.

squicken

Browner fined 8k for the hit on Jennings. Unreal. Why wouldn't every CB do that if it only costs $8k?

Packers need to get themselves a better voice in ownership circles. Kraft and Rooney money goes far. GB getting screwed

Draxal

Isn't Jerry Richardson the most hated owner there is right now? I remember he was the one that got into fights with Pey Pey and Brees.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Only an $8k fine for that hit on Jennings?

That's disgusting. We're still getting jobbed and the game ended 5 days ago.

Bowser

I thought he had some health issues and no clear heir after firing his sons? What does he care?

He had to get heart surgery a few years back but he seems fine now. He doesn't have an apparent heir though, you're right on that. Richardson made his money in fast food, he's used to pushing underlings around. I wish he was more in tune to the pulse of the team or at the very least surrounded himself with good people. He clearly hasn't seeing as Hurney's had his job for a decade now.

Top Bottom