• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

Bowser

Really when did this happen?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...re-details-to-the-richardson-manning-inciden/

“It was bad from the start,” one player who attended the session told Silver. “[Richardson] opened the meeting by describing how he was almost annoyed how we would ask for that meeting on their busiest weekend of the year. And I’m thinking, ‘Your team finished 2-14. You shouldn’t be that busy. Why are you worrying about how busy you are during Super Bowl weekend?’

barney+shoot.gif

RBH

AEG spokesman Michael Roth tells PFT that the Los Angeles City Council approved all eight measures relating to the construction of Farmers Field, the proposed NFL stadium that already has a naming-rights deal.

This means that the process will now move forward, with a window opening for the filing and complete resolution of any lawsuits challenging the project. By March 2013, the case(s) will be over and, presumably, the venue will be shovel ready.

The only thing left will be attracting a team. Or two.

The leading candidate is the Chargers. Other possibilities include the Raiders and the Bills. Some say that the Jaguars are still a candidate, but that seems to be a long shot at best.

LJ11

It almost reads like good cop bad cop. Richardson goes nuts, leaves the room, then Kraft and the supposedly moderate owners apologize. Probably the same with the fake refs. Rooneys and Kraft want to screw the help just as much but aren't willing to get their hands dirty

Right. When someone posted that Richardson was hated, first thing that came to my mind is hated by who? Certainly not by other owners.

cajunator

Banned
At least you don't really have to defend LSU!

I still do. Even though I went to University of Louisiana at Lafayette and root for the Ragin Cajuns in Sunbelt, I grew up knowing LSU. I was born in Baton Rouge and much of my mothers side is from that area so I have just as much ties with the Tigers. LSU is a more defense/rushing sort of team, so they are well built to not blow games in hilarious fashion like my Saints. The Saints have regressed to a less physical, more finesse type of team than in 09 and its really fucking them over.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
All you have to do is look at the owners political donations and you will see a connection with their hatred of the pension plan.

lets not pretend that 95% of every billionaire, let alone the owners of NFL teams aren't republican.

cajunator

Banned
Yet you still pretend like you don't have the worst bandwagon fan base on the planet.

Pathetic.

I can fully see what goes on in THIS forum, but I assure you, there is a huge amount of Saints fans who NEVER give up on that team and havent for decades. You do remember what the team was like before 06 right? The team didnt suddenly get all its fans in 6 years.
Also, we dont exactly have a ton of championships to fall back on in lean years like GB does.
Even when your team is shit, you still have a legendary team, with a long history of success. Im not questioning your loyalty as a fan but I think you can see that its a lot easier to stick with a team that you know will right the ship sooner rather than later. I truly admire fanbases like the Cardinals, Rams, Browns, Raiders who continually support their teams despite many years of limited success. A lot of it has to do with where someone was born and raised, but seriously, I dont think the Saints fanbase is any less loyal than any other. Keep in mind that we are 0-3 possibly about to go 0-4 and the superdome is not only sold out but added 3200 seats since two years ago. Bandwagon fans dont fill seats like that.

RBH

Rors, what does the Raiders' stadium situation currently look like in regards to a potential relocation to LA?

Shouldn't the prospective LA owner have gotten another owner to agree in principle to selling their team before bothering to build the stadium? They are just hoping a team is willing to relocate after spending all that money to build one? I'm sure it will happen eventually but seems like an ass backwards way of doing things.

Rors, what does the Raiders' stadium situation currently look like in regards to a potential relocation to LA?

It's very possible, the coliseum is falling apart and Marc Davis doesn't give a fuck about the fans and Oakland will never build a new stadium. The only other option is sharing the 49ers new digs, but not sure what happened with that.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

The had a Zombie Owner
They play in a decrepit field that looks and feels like a Graveyard
Their fans are associated as "The Black Hole" where no light can escape
Failed QB after failed QB, also free agents, where their souls die and live eternally in purgatory
Only great thing is they have an Alcohol Kicker named Janikowski

Why would they want to leave?

Rorschach

It's very possible, the coliseum is falling apart and Marc Davis doesn't give a fuck about the fans and Oakland will never build a new stadium. The only other option is sharing the 49ers new digs, but not sure what happened with that.

Unfortunately, the Chargers seem like the more likely candidate. The Raiders would probably love to move there, but the Chargers seem to have the upper hand right now. Stadium sharing is more likely at this point than moving to LA. Fucking Chargers. SD needs to build their sorry asses a new stadium. >:|

I can't imagine the salt if the Chargers move to LA. SD already hates LA enough as it is.

Hope he watches out for Optimus Primate.

Woah there. Let's not go FULL Wisconsin.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I can't see that the Chargers moving to LA would enliven the fanbase. If people in LA want to see the Chargers, they already can and then they'd have a stigma. But let's be honest, Khan wants to move the Jags there. Relocate the team and he immediately gains somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,500,000,000.

Wrayfield

Brees just stood up for his teammates in the face of a lack of evidence. Any QB would do the same. Unless you actually think your QB would turn on his team without concrete proof of wrongdoing.
by the way it fucking sucks if Im the only Saints fan posting this season.

That's why you a true fan. They stick with their team even when the shit hits the fan. And they are usually alone...

Sir, that's rape. I suggest you drive home and sober up.

Drunk, but commas still make a difference. :)
You had me at "drive", felt almost like an NFL player right there...

I'm looking forward to facing the Panthers' secondary. They're helping hard on the Norman kid, so Roddy or Julio will be in man against Gamble all game. I foresee many digs and skinny posts.

It's too bad Ryan has a noodle arm, otherwise this game would be like 50000 to zero.

ATF487

Shouldn't the prospective LA owner have gotten another owner to agree in principle to selling their team before bothering to build the stadium? They are just hoping a team is willing to relocate after spending all that money to build one? I'm sure it will happen eventually but seems like an ass backwards way of doing things.

Nah man, haven't you seen field of dreams?

cajunator

Banned
And the shit definitely hit the fan in Nawlins.

yeeeep it did.
People always told me Sean Payton was a great coach and I definitely believe that, but I never imagined it would be THIS bad of a situation without him. I do think the team would do significantly better on offense if someone other than Kromer was in charge. Maybe get the linebackers coach to do it. He's not very busy anyway. Kromer has to focus on the Oline, and I sincerely believe the offense and that line will improve when Vitt comes back and Kromer can go back to what he's good at.

squicken

Unfortunately, the Chargers seem like the more likely candidate. The Raiders would probably love to move there, but the Chargers seem to have the upper hand right now. Stadium sharing is more likely at this point than moving to LA. .

The NFL writer for the LAT has talked about the issue with the LA thing lots of times

1. It's so far off, though maybe that doctor guy gets it done fast

2. League loves having LA open as leverage for teams seeking new stadiums

3. League will control the process, and whoever moves will pay a huge relocation fee

I've also read that the league doesn't like Davis as an owner. They worry about his cash flow. Also, with falling attendance, the league doesn't want NFL games perceived as something you can't take your kids to. They view the Raider brand as a liability.

It's partly why there's a holdup on any serious plans to share the 49ers stadium. The league wants Davis to sell the team and have the Raiders brand killed off, with the new team essentially an expansion team that inherits the Raiders players and staff

Milchjon

Sitting on the porch of some log cabin near Acadia National Park while rain is falling, drinking Narragansett (actually not that bad) and reading GAF. I fucking love this future we're living in.

effzee

The NFL writer for the LAT has talked about the issue with the LA thing lots of times

1. It's so far off, though maybe that doctor guy gets it done fast

2. League loves having LA open as leverage for teams seeking new stadiums

3. League will control the process, and whoever moves will pay a huge relocation fee

I've also read that the league doesn't like Davis as an owner. They worry about his cash flow. Also, with falling attendance, the league doesn't want NFL games perceived as something you can't take your kids to. They view the Raider brand as a liability.

It's partly why there's a holdup on any serious plans to share the 49ers stadium. The league wants Davis to sell the team and have the Raiders brand killed off, with the new team essentially an expansion team that inherits the Raiders players and staff

I don't think they could ever kill off the Raiders brand. Its too iconic.

ATF487

Sitting on the porch of some log cabin near Acadia National Park while rain is falling, drinking Narragansett (actually not that bad) and reading GAF. I fucking love this future we're living in.

Damn, how is Acadia? I wanted to go this past summer

Hope it's a 'Gansett tall boy too

Top Bottom