• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

Macs, while overpriced as hell, are superior from a UI and usability standpoint.
PCs have advantages too but whatever.

I don't care what computer or phone you have and if you do go to hell or become a Browns fan.

bionic77

I never had Beats, peasant! I'll sue you for libel!

Where are you bionic!
I am here brother!

Explaining the benefits of a Mac to these underprivileged pc peasants is a waste of your time. Just enjoy the fact that you have the best laptop in the world and remember to always look down on them.

Sanjuro

Macs, while overpriced as hell, are superior from a UI and usability standpoint.

I don't care what computer or phone you have and if you do go to hell or become a Browns fan.

If you handle your electronics like a child, then yes it's overpriced. The resale of that Mac you purchased is going to be close (if not higher) to 75% of purchase cost in many cases. Once you turn on your computer you'll be lucky to sell it for 35-40% and have a much smaller target market for the device.

Reason I mentioned the child aspect is working for a Apple computer store, most of those new purchases came back a few months later covered in booze, urine, or god knows what else.

This is true but that goes with all premium/luxury products, no?

Also fun story, I spilled 10 ounces of diet coke on my MBP and it worked for 6 years before finally shitting out.

bionic77

If you handle your electronics like a child, then yes it's overpriced. The resale of that Mac you purchased is going to be close (if not higher) to 75% of purchase cost in many cases. Once you turn on your computer you'll be lucky to sell it for 35-40% and have a much smaller target market for the device.

Reason I mentioned the child aspect is working for a Apple computer store, most of those new purchases came back a few months later covered in booze, urine, or god knows what else.
Some Macs are overpriced but not so much their laptops for the most part. Yes you can get some POS 300 PC laptop but those are always garbage.

The Air is pretty much perfect. My fav laptop ever. I don't understand why MS has not ripped it off yet (more specifically the trackpad and gestures).

Sanjuro

Some Macs are overpriced but not so much their laptops for the most part. Yes you can get some POS 300 PC laptop but those are always garbage.

The Air is pretty much perfect. My fav laptop ever. I don't understand why MS has not ripped it off yet (more specifically the trackpad and gestures).

Not many people liked the Air, which boggled my mind. They would stop looking at it once I mentioned the lack of a optical drive. Funny thing is they could never answer me when I asked what they would be using it for.

I've only had Mac minis myself. First one I bought was when they made the switch to the Intel chips years ago. Cost me $699, ended up selling it for $540 four years later. Right now I have the newest Mac mini. Swindled Best Buy with an open box they had for around $580 with tax.

I get clausterphobic with computer screens, which is why I have a 27'' iMac otherwise I'd buy an Air in a second.

Best computer ever, my iMac.

Damn son.

27'' is damn good. Maybe because I went from a 4:3 TV from 1986 to that for gaming.
Also went from 100GB to 2TB HD. Still blows my mind having that much space.

P.S. Get fuuuucked Greggggggg

PC for life
image.php

Fox318

My favorite laptop ever was the Apple iBook clamshell laptops.

It had the best feature ever for a apple product, a handle.

bionic77

My favorite laptop ever was the Apple iBook clamshell laptops.

It had the best feature ever for a apple product, a handle.
You don't need a handle for an Air. For one most of have these things called bags or hands that hold them for us. Not to mention that they are paper thin and weigh less than most Android phones.

Totally not surprised Bucket got a hipster machine....but if it means more awesome OPs that's cool I guess.
THATS IT. I'm on strike.

Until I get a considerable pension plan there will be no more OPs from Harold J. Buckethead III.

No sir. None. Zero. Zilch. Nill. Cero.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm on strike. Until I get a considerable pension there will be no more OPs from Harold J. Buckethead III.

No sir. None. Zero. Zilch. Nill. Cero.

Oh no.

The scab OPs are going to be awful. It'll just be a list of games for week 13 when it's actually week 5. And broken links to the Pick'ems. And no pictures!

It'll be awful.

Maybe the title will say something like NBA 2012 Week 13 | Gonna score some goals! Touchdown Celtics!|

Haha remember last year when that lil Texans homie wanted to make the OPs? Shit was turrible.

Love you Miguel. <3

PatriotsScum said:
No OP will ever be as good as the Good Luck one.
Challenge accepted.

KaYotiX

Banned
Oh no.

The scab OPs are going to be awful. It'll just be a list of games for week 13 when it's actually week 5. And broken links to the Pick'ems. And no pictures!

It'll be awful.

Maybe the title will say something like NBA 2012 Week 13 | Gonna score some goals! Touchdown Celtics!|

:jnc

and PC forever!!!

Its a much better developer environment for anything open source. Windows programming environment sucks hard.
If it's a developer environment you're after, why aren't you using linux?

To me, Windows VS Mac is like comparing being raked over hot coals to being water boarded. "Oh, I much prefer a Mac, because the scarring is only mental!"

iOS is pretty neat though, I'll give them props for that.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

No you go to hell!

You go there and die.

Middle-Finger.gif

No you go to hell!

You go there and die.

Middle-Finger.gif

I'm pretty sure that putting Jessica in a bikini on every page would be a good idea.

I'm in northern Virginia this weekend. My son made the travel hockey team and has 3 games between tonight and tomorrow. This is his first real on-ice game since suffering the collar bone break in the spring. So we're all a bit nervous.

Wish us luck, NFL-GAF!

eznark

Banned
I'm pretty sure that putting Jessica in a bikini on every page would be a good idea.

I'm in northern Virginia this weekend. My son made the travel hockey team and has 3 games between tonight and tomorrow. This is his first real on-ice game since suffering the collar bone break in the spring. So we're all a bit nervous.

Wish us luck, NFL-GAF!

3qwudf.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think NFL network is showing that NYG/PHI game where DeSean Jackson returned that punt right at the end to win it.

edit: Yup it is, here comes the return.

Top Bottom