• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

Drakeon

okay that was a great throw. chiefs/browns fans should start getting hard

Chiefs already won a game, they're already in a distant second to the browns 0-4 magnificent record.

If the browns do go for a QB again, will this be the first time a team's drafted 3 qb's in 4 years in the top 3 rounds? (McCoy was a 3rd rounder right?)

Gh0xH.jpg

cajunator

Banned
I think NFL network is showing that NYG/PHI game where DeSean Jackson returned that punt right at the end to win it.

edit: Yup it is, here comes the return.

Best game.

Unfortunately for the Rams, teams in the NFL at least try to play defense.

AHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HA
:jnc

I think they found out that guy was some old rich fucker from Maryland or something.

LJ11

I'm in the same boat. I used to love the college game but it just feels so slight compared to the NFL now. Huge talent disparity between teams and all of the strategies are obvious. Pretty boring stuff.

hahaha

And yet it's the pros aping the college game and not the other way around.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
hahaha

And yet it's the pros aping the college game and not the other way around.

When a team with a gimmick offense wins it all, then we'll talk. Run-n-shoot, wildcat, spread option, etc. It all looks good when the other team isn't properly prepared.

cajunator

Banned
Actually, I think Saints do actually try to play defense, they are just horrifically bad at it.

Anyway, I was also looking at locker room design in the NFL and I think the Panthers have the best one also. That stadium seems overall to be the best in the NFL designwise. Really brilliant architecture and usage of space. Shame it was wasted on the Panthers.

LJ11

When a team with a gimmick offense wins it all, then we'll talk. Run-n-shoot, wildcat, spread option, etc. It all looks good when the other team isn't properly prepared.
Green Bay is as spread as it gets, so are the Saints.

Labels are gimmicks.

Edit: Giants run more run and shoot stuff than any team in the league. What I'm getting it at is that there isn't that much difference between the two, they just dress it up differently.

cashman

Banned
NFL is obviously a higher level of play, but the College game is way more diverse in their play calling. Makes for more excitement and craziness.

Green Bay is as spread as it gets, so are the Saints.

Labels are gimmicks.

Edit: Giants run more run and shoot stuff than any team in the league. What I'm getting it at is that there isn't that much difference between the two, they just dress it up differently.
What ruins the college game for me is the talent disparity. Seems like most teams have more good WRs than CBs -- somebody's always wide open, it's just a matter of having a QB to make the throw.

Plus, the NFL guys are just better at what they do. Less blown assignments, less missed tackles, guys do their jobs for the most part. Hard to go back.

It doesn't help that my college team is the Detroit Lions of power conference football. Actually, I should apologize to the Lions for that comparison...

Actually, I think Saints do actually try to play defense, they are just horrifically bad at it.

Anyway, I was also looking at locker room design in the NFL and I think the Panthers have the best one also. That stadium seems overall to be the best in the NFL designwise. Really brilliant architecture and usage of space. Shame it was wasted on the Panthers.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What ruins the college game for me is the talent disparity. Seems like most teams have more good WRs than CBs -- somebody's always wide open, it's just a matter of having a QB to make the throw.

Plus, the NFL guys are just better at what they do. Less blown assignments, less missed tackles, guys do their jobs for the most part. Hard to go back.

It doesn't help that my college team is the Detroit Lions of power conference football. Actually, I should apologize to the Lions for that comparison...

I said this once to a die hard college fan at a family get together....yeah it didn't go well. He told me I had no idea what I was talking about.

Spinluck

PC for life

I agree, I have to use both for school, and I will admit OSX is much more superior for Adobe Software, Audio Mixing, and Video Editing. Also, less crashing is nice.

But Windows is superior at about everything else for me personally. The UI is just much better, much more freedom for me.

watching the ten/ga game now.... no defense. 51-37 in the 3rd quarter. i guess i could appreciate a shoot out if it was just pinpoint accuracy and scheming decimating the defenses but there are guys wide fucking open and running lanes a mile wide. who finds this shit entertaining!

beast786

watching the ten/ga game now.... no defense. 51-37 in the 3rd quarter. i guess i could appreciate a shoot out if it was just pinpoint accuracy and scheming decimating the defenses but there are guys wide fucking open and running lanes a mile wide. who finds this shit entertaining!

Its like watching someone play madden.

squicken

So, do you think college tactics are as in-depth as the pros? You think the talent levels are close to equal? I'm not sure what you're laughing at

I don't know the exact quote but it's something like "the best ideas are in college, while the pros have the better resources and coaches"

In college, a good idea can go a long way b/c of limited practice time. I think this also has an effect on defenses. I think defenses need more time week to week to plan an attack against an offense, while offenses just build out week to week, but essentially run the same stuff.

Milchjon

Hopefully Maine has no stand your ground law. Our cabin's grill went out of gas before the last steak was done, so we conquered the neighbour's cabin's grill (cabin seems uninhabited).

Rogue Grilling!

Top Bottom